BREAKING NEWS: Missing toddler found safe after a night in the ...

Full story: The Ukiah Daily Journal

Rosanna Colp of Upper Lake and her 3-year-old daughter Hannah, who was rescued Sunday after spending the night in the woods west of Philo.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Request Denied”

Since: May 09

Ukiah, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2009

Yum...yogurt. Hello, mister dog. Where are you going? Do you want some yogurt? Have some yogurt! Here, have some! Come back! Mister dog!

*follows dog into woods*

“Request Denied”

Ukiah, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2009

Might as well send another bill to her little girl. I mean, they already live in a trailer park.

Let's forgive this private citizen for her first offense (jerky way to put it) and send a bill to supervisor Colfax instead. I hear he has plenty of cash on hand.
Samantha

Mill Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2009

I went to high school with Rosanna and I am so, so happy everything turned out ok. Little Hannah not being harmed is a miracle!

Since: Nov 08

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2009

I am happy your daughter is safe. That must have been a terrible ordeal.
Frustrated

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2009

Colossos and David……… What insensitive jerks you are!!!!!!!!!! I hope to GOD you don’t have a child that wanders off some day. I am sure you will both feel like ass’s after writing what you did. Don’t have kids.. and if you do, give them to somebody who will care about them. Accidents happen when you have kids and they need parents who will care. Esther Weber……… go smoke another and try to blog on the right story!
Myself

Healdsburg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2009

David wrote:
Bill the woman for every dime spent. Anyone else have a problem with this story?
Wow. I guess kids should have leashes, right?

Your soapbox is precarious.
mendo local

Fort Bragg, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2009

Kudos to search and rescue!
Anyone who has raised children knows that it only takes a minute for kids to get themselves into precarious situations.
So thankful that there is a happy ending to this story!
Doctor Phil

San Martin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2009

Frustrated wrote:
Colossos and David……… What insensitive jerks you are!!!!!!!!!! I hope to GOD you don’t have a child that wanders off some day. I am sure you will both feel like ****’s after writing what you did. Don’t have kids.. and if you do, give them to somebody who will care about them. Accidents happen when you have kids and they need parents who will care. Esther Weber……… go smoke another and try to blog on the right story!
Perhaps she could have put her bong down long enough to check on her kid. Smoking marijuana is bad mmmmkay?
Once a child

Piercy, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2009

I would escape my mother, who did not smoke weed, when she would answer the phone, go to the bathroom, put clothes from washer to dyer, etc. Parents even bought a dog to grab my diaper when I step off the lawn. Then I was old enough to tell the dog to stay and I would escape. I wore a dog tag with my name and address. I was looking for other kids to play with. The city police new me well and looked for me in the park a few blocks away. This was early 1950's when one car for the family was the norm. Well, I knew the fear my mom went through when my own daughter did this trick with me. Small children know when to seize the moment. I wasn't smoking the weed either. So, Dr Phil keep your bong thoughts to yourself.
Frustrated

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2009

Doctor Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps she could have put her bong down long enough to check on her kid. Smoking marijuana is bad mmmmkay?
Maybe you should know what you are talking about before you start assuming she smokes pot. Not all of us are pot smokers, and Rosanna is not. Get your facts straight! Take a good look at yourself, I am sure you’ll be able to find something to criticize with out anything horrible happening to you.
Yikes Lakeport CA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2009

Wow people everyone is getting off track here... I don't think anywhere in the article it said that the mom was smoking pot I believe it said that she was making dinner... & also it didn't say that they lived in a trailer park it said they were visiting her boyfriends family and she was sitting on the steps to a mobile...(not that it matters cause that comment makes you seem like a heartless ass!!!! not everyone is rich and it is not the kids fault where they live when they are little ones)...
Yes, the mother needs to take better care of her daughter.. I am sure she feels bad but think how bad she would have felt if she would have never seen her daughter again... Rosanna whatever it was that you were doing you never leave your 3 year old child on some steps to a house that they can just up and walk away from... No excuses & no breaks are given when it comes to the safety of children... I am soooo happy your daughter was ok...
Thank you very much to everyone involved in bringing this sweet little girl home....
Disgusted

Ukiah, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2009

Thank you to everyone who took the time to search for this little girl. Your efforts are appreciated. Thank goodness she is safe and made it home. Having children myself, you know how curious and fearless they can be. For those of you who posted your distasteful opinions, keep it to yourself. We don't need your negativity on such a positive outcome!
Rolando Hernandez

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2009

Wow!! such negative responses to a happy ending.To all of the unconditional caring for Hannah from Mendocino Co.Sheriff's staff, Cal Fire,Anderson Valley Fire Dept,all the search and rescue volunteers I thank you from the bottom of my heart.Iam Rosanna's brother and when I drove up from Santa Rosa to help,I was amazed at the scene. All of us working as a team to find a little innocent child.As a father myself I was on a mission to find Hannah and to see the dedication of complete strangers all around on the same mission was so unreal. People may say what they want, but to shed some light on who my sister is After graduation Rosanna enlisted in the Navy,became squad leader,decorated Iraq War Vet,
currently enlisted in the National Guard,mother of two beautiful daughters AND making use of her G.I. Bill and going to school full time to become a oral surgion for the military. Iam proud of my little sister and all that she has accomplished in her life so far. This experience has increased my belief in the power of prayer. Love conquered
Hey_over_here

Ukiah, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2009

Frustrated wrote:
Colossos and David……… What insensitive jerks you are!!!!!!!!!! I hope to GOD you don’t have a child that wanders off some day. I am sure you will both feel like ****’s after writing what you did. Don’t have kids.. and if you do, give them to somebody who will care about them. Accidents happen when you have kids and they need parents who will care. Esther Weber……… go smoke another and try to blog on the right story!
Never leave your child unattended you dope - ever
It is your responsibility - not ours

Call me what you want, but I am right

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2009

When my mom was pregnant with me my sister would wonder off in Willits she did this twice the first time the C.H.P brought her home the second time a bus full of hippies brought her home so my mom tied one end of a rope through my sisters belt loops and the other end was tied to the porch banister... LOL try doing that today you would have CPS on your butt but then again this was 1970. And NO my mom did NOT smoke DOPE!
ugh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

So very glad the child was found safe and sound...in a blink of an eye children can be...GONE! I am sure this mom will not turn her back again!
Mendo Mom

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

grapevine48 wrote:
I am happy your daughter is safe. That must have been a terrible ordeal.
I was reading this article and the following commments and I am amazed at how insensitive some people are. SHE'S 3! You idiots!

I have first hand knowledge of an ordeal like this. My son was lost in Stanislaus Forest back in 95 for 12 hours, he was 7. My mother had taken him up to our cabin and he wondered off after playing with some kids down by the creek. It took the whole sheriffs office, dogs, and several volunteers to bring him back. They tracked him by his lightening bolts on the bottom of his tennis shoes. He was being tracked by a mountain lion and a bear which were both less then 1/2 a mile from him when he was found. We're talking extreme back country here. I was in the bay area and the first call I got was from the Stanislaus search and rescue at 11:00 at night. They told me he was swept down river. So could you imagine what went through my mind, being 3 hours away. There is no feeling like that, that sinking feeling, that helpless feeling. We drove like a bat outta hell to get up there, the 3 hour drive took 2 hours we drove so fast. I clutched my son's teddy bear the whole way up there. Luckily he was found with a few scratches and hungry. He had hit his head, he halucinated during the ordeal, and to this day he still won't talk about it. He's 20 now. He was very lucky and so were we that the Stanislaus search and rescue team were so dedicated to finding him that night, my son wouldn't be here now.

So all this crap about "send her the bill".....
what the hell do we pay taxes for?
For SERVICES! If your house was on fire you'd be the first one calling the fire dept, so shut the hell up till you've been there. Oh and nobody was smoking POT....insensitive jerks!

KUDOS to Search and rescue!!!!
John

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

Isn't it a good idea to keep a close eye on your three year old. Honestly people, the kid could have been eaten by a mountain lion or even racoons for that matter. If your gonna get knocked up take some repsonsibility and be a good parent. I've seen cats take better care off their offspring.
John

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

Hey_over_here wrote:
<quoted text>
Never leave your child unattended you dope - ever
It is your responsibility - not ours
Call me what you want, but I am right
I Agree
Cherie and Tabby

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

Doctor Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an insensitive prick. You know that, right? How dare you say something like that when you obviously have no clue what was happening or going on? How dare you say that about people serving your country. We spent all night looking for that little girl and I know know for a fact no drugs where anywhere near. Her mother is an amazing person and a loving mother and it's people like you that give humanity a bad name. Think before you speak ass hole.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Albion News Video

•••
•••

Albion Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Albion People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE