Boaz considers yard sale permit options

Boaz considers yard sale permit options

There are 1 comment on the Sand Mountain Reporter story from Aug 14, 2010, titled Boaz considers yard sale permit options. In it, Sand Mountain Reporter reports that:

The owner of Trish's 431 Trade Day asked the Boaz City Council to consider amending its business license ordinance to allow yard sellers a less expensive alternative.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sand Mountain Reporter.

Joe_D

Guntersville, AL

#1 Aug 14, 2010
So pretty much the city of Boaz wants to make a dollar off others who just need a dollar or two to get by on. Than you have this other buisness who is in reality trying to make money off people who just want to hold a simple yard sale. Greedy people as usual, trying to disquise it as buisness needs, and some old lady gripes cause the neighbors is holding a yard sale and theres a little traffic.

All of you people are morons that make these decisions. Sure there may be a few out of a hundred using the yard sale as trying to run a buisness, but over-all most folks need the money and just want to clean out there garage.

It's getting bad when the old American tradition of yard-sales is being attacked and city folks see it as an opportunity to tax or make more money off the good folks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albertville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Happens way more than anyone knows 7 hr Aggies99 4
Nursing pay Nov 20 Floyd 2
Old friend Looking for Susan and Don Silvus si... (Apr '15) Nov 18 Sammy 3
Randy Shaneyfelt Nov 5 I do 2
sailboat Oct '16 lavon affair 3
News Chicken Plant In Albertville Holds Job Fair (Oct '11) Oct '16 ORIGINAL WILLARD 8
Heather Renee Hinchee Oct '16 Former resident 3

Albertville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Albertville Mortgages