African refugees relocate to Ala. chicken farms

Sep 29, 2012 Full story: WIAT-TV Birmingham 37

N orth Alabama business owners say they're losing Hispanic workers because of Alabama's immigration law.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#1 Sep 29, 2012
More proof that they CAN find LEGAL workers if the have to. Enforcement works!
Ha Ha

Omaha, NE

#2 Sep 29, 2012
Enforcement works for sure!
magadala

Lebanon, OR

#3 Sep 29, 2012
ANYTHING OTHER THAN MEXICANS (OTM'S)!!!!! AND, they are here legally!!!

Please note the attitude of gratitude as oppose to entitlement. Now assimilate and respect our laws instead of expecting us to bend to and respect your customs, etc.

While I don't think that America needs anymore "immigrants" of any kind, the age of tucking tail and running because of your government is over. People must learn to change where they are instead of leaving.

I truly believe that the generations of corruption in Mexico would be eliminated if the hoards of people who come here would stay home and change their government.
magadala

Lebanon, OR

#4 Sep 29, 2012
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
More proof that they CAN find LEGAL workers if the have to. Enforcement works!
Yeah, I bet the Mexicans are pissed. They go around thinking that they are our sole source for labor. At this point, I am open to people coming from all over the world, other than mexicans...hispanics, whose agenda seems to be terrorism, the takeover of America...Obama's new immigrants...lol

Anything to dilute the Mexicans!!! Did you notice this guys attempts to speak English, and without an interpreter...he just got here! We have mexicans who have been here for 20 years and still need an interpreter...are ya feelin' me on this one?!!!
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#5 Sep 29, 2012
magadala wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I bet the Mexicans are pissed. They go around thinking that they are our sole source for labor. At this point, I am open to people coming from all over the world, other than mexicans...hispanics, whose agenda seems to be terrorism, the takeover of America...Obama's new immigrants...lol
Anything to dilute the Mexicans!!! Did you notice this guys attempts to speak English, and without an interpreter...he just got here! We have mexicans who have been here for 20 years and still need an interpreter...are ya feelin' me on this one?!!!
This is why I support legal immigration over illegal. It has nothing to do with where immigrants come from but with the reasons for wanting to immigrate in the first place. That is why we have an immigration process and laws that should be enforced. We need to limit and control the number and type of person that comes here. A person who comes here illegally looking to make quick money brings a whole different set of values than a person from a truly poor and desperate country who comes here legally wanting to work hard and not looking to steal and grab every hand out they can.
I think these chicken producers are going to discover that while it cost more to hire legal immigrant workers they will work harder and cause less trouble because they are hiring better people.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#6 Sep 29, 2012
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why I support legal immigration over illegal. It has nothing to do with where immigrants come from but with the reasons for wanting to immigrate in the first place. That is why we have an immigration process and laws that should be enforced. We need to limit and control the number and type of person that comes here. A person who comes here illegally looking to make quick money brings a whole different set of values than a person from a truly poor and desperate country who comes here legally wanting to work hard and not looking to steal and grab every hand out they can.
I think these chicken producers are going to discover that while it cost more to hire legal immigrant workers they will work harder and cause less trouble because they are hiring better people.
If we would quit paying able bodied deadbeats not to work amd quit paying teenagers to have babies,we could find Americans to work the jobs that that our people won't now do. Hungry bellies change work ethics.
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#7 Sep 29, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>If we would quit paying able bodied deadbeats not to work amd quit paying teenagers to have babies,we could find Americans to work the jobs that that our people won't now do. Hungry bellies change work ethics.
Instead we import more deadbeats and pay them to have babies.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#8 Sep 30, 2012
magadala wrote:
ANYTHING OTHER THAN MEXICANS (OTM'S)!!!!! AND, they are here legally!!!

Please note the attitude of gratitude as oppose to entitlement.

Now assimilate and respect our laws instead of expecting us to bend to and respect your customs, etc.

While I don't think that America needs anymore "immigrants" of any kind, the age of tucking tail and running because of your government is over.

People must learn to change where they are instead of leaving.

I truly believe that the generations of corruption in Mexico would be eliminated if the hoards of people who come here would stay home and change their government.
The Inn is full!

Quality of Life in the US

United States of America

Population Change (1980-2008)

Each county on this map is colored based on the increase in population
between the years of 1980 and 2008.

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/maps... \&lid=9&rid=1774&t id=483228\

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

United States Population Counter

http://www.superteachertools.com/classroom-to...

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#9 Sep 30, 2012
Whether you call them illegal mexicans or african refugees they still shouldn't be here. We need to end all immigration from third world countries.
magadala

Lebanon, OR

#10 Sep 30, 2012
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
And the employers don't have to look over there shoulders and do clandestine things in order to make a profit. I know these people aren't getting paid jack, but it is all honest labor...ALL of it! No one is being taken advantage of...

The employers don't have to live in the shadows anymore!
Agreed

Omaha, NE

#11 Sep 30, 2012
magadala wrote:
<quoted text>
And the employers don't have to look over there shoulders and do clandestine things in order to make a profit. I know these people aren't getting paid jack, but it is all honest labor...ALL of it! No one is being taken advantage of...
I happened upon CURRENT Channel last night and their report about WalMart's low pay, cutting hours, health care too expensive for low paid employees and the fact that WalMart tells employees to apply for HUD Housing, Foodstamps, WIC and Medicaid.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#12 Sep 30, 2012
magadala wrote:
<quoted text>
And what do you think the chicken processing people make on the line? Take a guess.
magadala

Lebanon, OR

#13 Oct 2, 2012
Agreed wrote:
<quoted text>I happened upon CURRENT Channel last night and their report about WalMart's low pay, cutting hours, health care too expensive for low paid employees and the fact that WalMart tells employees to apply for HUD Housing, Foodstamps, WIC and Medicaid.
An the Walmart family are part of the richest people in America!!!

Read a recent article cis.org that talked about immigrant, both legal and illegal, employment is decreasing at a faster rate than US citizens!!!

What is happening is that these people get paid lower wages, will put up with crap, where the American worker won't. This translates to our business community as Americans are lazy, and don't want to work hard. Work hard means working overtime without pay!
In the mean time, Bill Gates is asking if he can import more foreigners to work in his tech industry. He can't seem to find qualified American teckies...translation, teckies who will work for low wages.

The real terrorist in America are foreigners. I know this sound zenophonic, and they will quickly label me as such. Too bad, another manipulative work like racist/bigot. But the reality is that we have enough, we can no longer sustain America as America if we keep allowing people to immigrate. We need to take stock before continuing to expand. We are losing the American culture to multiculturalism, which equals nothing as far as a country is concerned. Everybody after their own slice of the pie instead of the whole!
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#14 Oct 2, 2012
magadala wrote:
<quoted text>
An the Walmart family are part of the richest people in America!!!
Read a recent article cis.org that talked about immigrant, both legal and illegal, employment is decreasing at a faster rate than US citizens!!!
What is happening is that these people get paid lower wages, will put up with crap, where the American worker won't. This translates to our business community as Americans are lazy, and don't want to work hard. Work hard means working overtime without pay!
In the mean time, Bill Gates is asking if he can import more foreigners to work in his tech industry. He can't seem to find qualified American teckies...translation, teckies who will work for low wages.
The real terrorist in America are foreigners. I know this sound zenophonic, and they will quickly label me as such. Too bad, another manipulative work like racist/bigot. But the reality is that we have enough, we can no longer sustain America as America if we keep allowing people to immigrate. We need to take stock before continuing to expand. We are losing the American culture to multiculturalism, which equals nothing as far as a country is concerned. Everybody after their own slice of the pie instead of the whole!
By all means!!! We Native Americans were perfectly happly running naked, and living off this great land until the slimey Pilgrims arrived. We should have eliminated them right away! Moving forward,if you are of English,German,Chinese,Italian ,French,Russian,Polish,Irish,S panish,or Indian descent,please either exit OUR country or STFU about new immigrants who come here seeking the same thing your forefathers did. What pis... you off is that the immigrants today have the old work ethic that people had long ago. America's lazy ass people today feel their snail slime way of life is threatened by people willing to work their buttz off for a fair days wage. You are only held down by you willingness to improve you lot in life. In Alabama,there is a trade school or a junior college within driving distance to ANYONE who wants to climb up out of their "hole". It's up to you.
Stop the Madness

Waterbury, CT

#15 Oct 5, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>By all means!!! We Native Americans were perfectly happly running naked, and living off this great land until the slimey Pilgrims arrived. We should have eliminated them right away! Moving forward,if you are of English,German,Chinese,Italian ,French,Russian,Polish,Irish,S panish,or Indian descent,please either exit OUR country or STFU about new immigrants who come here seeking the same thing your forefathers did. What pis... you off is that the immigrants today have the old work ethic that people had long ago. America's lazy ass people today feel their snail slime way of life is threatened by people willing to work their buttz off for a fair days wage. You are only held down by you willingness to improve you lot in life. In Alabama,there is a trade school or a junior college within driving distance to ANYONE who wants to climb up out of their "hole". It's up to you.
You were immigrants, too. By the way, what did you name YOUR country? What were your laws? I'm not holding my breath.
Fred

Union Grove, AL

#16 Oct 5, 2012
To enlighten some of you the poultry plants typically have a starting payof $10.00 an hour with shift differential pay(meaning if you work nights you get a lttle more money). Now $10 might not seem like good pay to some but in this area we have lower cost of living so $10 is a decent wage.

The biggest complaint from citizens was that the Hispanic were here illegally for the most part. A lot of the illegals would go in together and rent a house or trailer with up to 15 people living in one house so as to lwer their costs so they could send more mone back to Mexico.

So other than what little money they spent on rent, gas, groceries and cars the rest of their money was sent to Mexico. On top of that you have a vast majority of the illegals signing up for medicaid insurance and getting W.I.C.(WIC is a progrm to help pay for groceries for those under the poverty line). So the illegals were working at the poutry plants and had taxes taken out of their checks but what they recieved in medicaid and WIC far outweighed wha they paid in.

It doesnt take long for that to become a losing deal for the State. So that along with the Hispanics sending their kids to school without knowing any English and anting road signs and the drivers license text in Spanish made a lot of people get tired of them fast.
Fred

Union Grove, AL

#17 Oct 5, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>By all means!!! We Native Americans were perfectly happly running naked, and living off this great land until the slimey Pilgrims arrived. We should have eliminated them right away! Moving forward,if you are of English,German,Chinese,Italian ,French,Russian,Polish,Irish,S panish,or Indian descent,please either exit OUR country or STFU about new immigrants who come here seeking the same thing your forefathers did. What pis... you off is that the immigrants today have the old work ethic that people had long ago. America's lazy ass people today feel their snail slime way of life is threatened by people willing to work their buttz off for a fair days wage. You are only held down by you willingness to improve you lot in life. In Alabama,there is a trade school or a junior college within driving distance to ANYONE who wants to climb up out of their "hole". It's up to you.
Please dont think everyone in Alabama is like Thomas, he gets of topic very easily. Thomas I didnt realize you were a Native American! By and large the Natives did get screwed but if America was not colonized I feel as though several scientific, medicinal, and business break throughs would never have happened. As far as a Hispanic outworking me, yes they are hard workers, but thankfully we moved out of the agrarian life sytle and more of a service based economy so I dont have to dig ditches or anything really hard. Kudos goes to the industrialists that settled in America and invented tractors, combines, backhoes and the other things that make things so much faster and easier to do.

My Father andhis family grew up on a farm in rurual Marshall county. They plowed with mules and hoed cotton and corn by hand. I know they were glad when they saved enough money for a tractor so they could devote their time to other endeavors, its called progress for a reason.

Some people do have a entitlement attitude though and think they should get groceries, a place to live, cell phones, insurance all free from the government and I believe those are the people that Thomas is saying should have to get a job and EARN their check instead of setting at home watching Dr. Phil!
Rico the Gingerbread Man

Rowland Heights, CA

#18 Oct 5, 2012
African refugees work harder than lazy azz American couch potatoes.
Fred

Union Grove, AL

#19 Oct 5, 2012
Rico the Gingerbread Man wrote:
African refugees work harder than lazy azz American couch potatoes.
I think you are painting with a broad brush. I know lazy people of every nationality, race, and sexual orientation. It takes someone that REALLY wants to work to go to work in a poultry plant, regardless of their race or country of origin. What you dont know is that 90% of the workforce at the poultry plant are American citizens. Get a clue before posting on a topic that you know nothing about or before you post on a topic fro another state. I dont post crap about you Left coast loonies in your local forum do I?
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#20 Oct 5, 2012
Fred wrote:
To enlighten some of you the poultry plants typically have a starting payof $10.00 an hour with shift differential pay(meaning if you work nights you get a lttle more money). Now $10 might not seem like good pay to some but in this area we have lower cost of living so $10 is a decent wage.
The biggest complaint from citizens was that the Hispanic were here illegally for the most part. A lot of the illegals would go in together and rent a house or trailer with up to 15 people living in one house so as to lwer their costs so they could send more mone back to Mexico.
So other than what little money they spent on rent, gas, groceries and cars the rest of their money was sent to Mexico. On top of that you have a vast majority of the illegals signing up for medicaid insurance and getting W.I.C.(WIC is a progrm to help pay for groceries for those under the poverty line). So the illegals were working at the poutry plants and had taxes taken out of their checks but what they recieved in medicaid and WIC far outweighed wha they paid in.
It doesnt take long for that to become a losing deal for the State. So that along with the Hispanics sending their kids to school without knowing any English and anting road signs and the drivers license text in Spanish made a lot of people get tired of them fast.
Yes,you're right. The Hispanics are taking advantage of a system that WE created without safeguards and enough staff to check out the cases before doling out money.It can be compared to second,third,and fourth generation AMERICANS living in public housing on welfare that have never contributed anything into a system that they take so much out of. The men work for cash or "off the streets" as they call it,pay no taxes,no child support for their kids we're raising and the next generation of women starts popping out those babies to start getting checks. The system has major leaks that need to be plugged BUT those cockroaches have the right to vote in politicians that will guarantee their lifestyle. What's your solution?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albertville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) 9 hr Centrist 242
What can I do in this town tonight? 10 hr Melanie 4
does anyone remember Jay Colvin? Mon wellwell 1
Wyndham hotel a joke Sep 13 ThomasA 2
ed teal scott walls doug gibbs cybersquatting s... (May '10) Sep 11 Mr Jim 42
albertville primary school. Sep 11 Anonymous 2
4 bedroom house Aug 28 karenangels 2
•••
•••
•••

Albertville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000