African refugees relocate to Ala. chicken farms

N orth Alabama business owners say they're losing Hispanic workers because of Alabama's immigration law. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dee Dee Dee

Emmaus, PA

#22 Nov 24, 2012
Citizen wrote:
Record profits indicates that many large employers can afford to pay much higher wages and benefits, but chose instead to have outrageous pay for their CEOs and other executives. Sounds like selfish, greedy people at the top using any excuse they can.
Record profits indicate that large employers don't need to pay more because there is an over abundance of cheap labor. Businesses do not exist to hire people that they don't need at wages that are higher than they need to pay. The hard truth is that technology has reduced the need for labor. That combined with an influx of cheap labor and outsourcing all with the blessing of the government, Democrats and Republicans alike, has combined to reduce the demand for labor. Increased supply and decreased demand equals lower prices.

I agree that there should be some control on executive pay to prevent people from being paid millions of dollars while the company is laying off workers and losing money but that will not do anything to increase the wages of the low skilled worker. Only reducing the number of low skilled workers can do that. The simplest and most cost effective way to do that is by enforcing immigration laws. The result will be fewer low skill workers and higher education rates among our young people due to the reduced burden on our educational system.
Citizen

Albertville, AL

#23 Nov 27, 2012
Costco pays its workers an average of $17 per hour plus benefits. They make a good profit and still treat their employees decently. Yes, they could make more money by paying their employees less and forgetting the benefits, but that is the difference between a company that values America and those who would be just as happy running sweat shops in China. Adam Smith, who is considered the father of modern capitalism, said their must be a civic responsibility in capitalism, too bad that so many companies don't care about that.
thinking wat a loss

Creston, IA

#24 Nov 27, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>Be a parent and quit letting your little angel walk around half naked in show-it-all hoochie mamma ghetto outfits showing off what God gave her.. When you said WALMART you said a lot about the sleezy customers that frequent the place you like to shop. Do you walk in front or behind your wife in the electric tubby buggy?
My daughter is covered up and stays covered up she is one of the few teens around that is respectful and respects herself she is a good looking kid so that is a ticket for adult mexican males to drool looking at her for the refugees to harass her when she is trying to shop
Citizen

Albertville, AL

#25 Nov 28, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>Be a parent and quit letting your little angel walk around half naked in show-it-all hoochie mamma ghetto outfits showing off what God gave her.. When you said WALMART you said a lot about the sleezy customers that frequent the place you like to shop. Do you walk in front or behind your wife in the electric tubby buggy?
Your attitude is neanderthal - women and children should be covered up because men cannot control themselves. I think men and boys need to learn than women and girls are not targets just because they dress in style. Men and boys could learn to control themselves if people like you weren't making excuses for them.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#26 Dec 2, 2012
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Your attitude is neanderthal - women and children should be covered up because men cannot control themselves. I think men and boys need to learn than women and girls are not targets just because they dress in style. Men and boys could learn to control themselves if people like you weren't making excuses for them.
"People of Walmart" shows it all. For some strange reason,people who have to abide by school and workplace dress codes LOVE to head to Wallyworld on the weekends and see who can out trash the others! If I go there to shop,I don't want to see those three jelly rolls,camel toes,the oversized rear hanging out out of Daisey Dukes two sizes too small, nipps showing through a nasty braless tank top, trashy tattoos,and those ill mannered snotty nosed screaming yard apes that are way past Saturday bath time.
Citizen

Albertville, AL

#27 Dec 3, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>"People of Walmart" shows it all. For some strange reason,people who have to abide by school and workplace dress codes LOVE to head to Wallyworld on the weekends and see who can out trash the others! If I go there to shop,I don't want to see those three jelly rolls,camel toes,the oversized rear hanging out out of Daisey Dukes two sizes too small, nipps showing through a nasty braless tank top, trashy tattoos,and those ill mannered snotty nosed screaming yard apes that are way past Saturday bath time.
Sounds like you should stay home and avoid contact with others. From your attitude, no one will miss you.
fed up

Lewisburg, WV

#28 Jul 17, 2013
Does it matter nobody cares anymore just sum thing else for white guys to bitch about when their daughters are prego with kids they have to take care of

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albertville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 7 hr pastor bebop 100
Crystal Bareno? Jan 19 stickyone 1
Wyndham hotel a joke Jan 12 Jtz 3
Tracie Pridmore (Jan '11) Jan 10 Tracielynn77 9
j j is having affair with married man from arab Jan 7 william 7
Attorney Fuller is disbarred (Aug '09) Jan 2 heart broken 38
does anyone remember Jay Colvin? Dec '14 hcdmbk 3
Albertville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Albertville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance