Who do you support for Treasurer in Alabama in 2010?

Posted in the Albertville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rex the Grinch

Laceys Spring, AL

#1 Oct 28, 2010
Mr Boozer will do a fine job. Mr Grimsley's desperation shows with the goofy commercials he has been running.
NOOR

Lahore, Pakistan

#2 Oct 29, 2010
Young Boozer
Independent

United States

#3 Oct 31, 2010
Charlie Grimsley
Rex the grinch

Laceys Spring, AL

#4 Oct 31, 2010
Independent wrote:
Charlie Grimsley
Is absolutrly unqualified for the job.
Independent

United States

#5 Oct 31, 2010
Isn't Young Boozer partially to blame for two bankrupcies?
Rex the grinch

Laceys Spring, AL

#6 Oct 31, 2010
Independent wrote:
Isn't Young Boozer partially to blame for two bankrupcies?
How dofigure that? Just because he worked for two companies that went bankrupt? What if you worked for a company that went bankrupt does that make you responsible for the company going bankrupt? And if thats all that Mr. Boozers opponent can come up with then that dog doesnt hunt. Its not like the Treasurer can righ checks how he sees fit. Its mainly an accounting job more or less.
ProudAmerican

United States

#7 Nov 1, 2010
Um..Hell Yes he's partially to blame! "just because he worked for two companies that went bankrupt"....What? Are you serious? He wants to be the state treasurer!! Hello! I don't think he's that good with $$$!
Rex the grinch

Laceys Spring, AL

#8 Nov 1, 2010
ProudAmerican wrote:
Um..Hell Yes he's partially to blame! "just because he worked for two companies that went bankrupt"....What? Are you serious? He wants to be the state treasurer!! Hello! I don't think he's that good with $$$!
So tell us what position he held at the two companies that went bankrupt. If he was a direct reason for the companies going bankrupt you would have an argument but he wasnt now was he? You thin you can work at a major corporation and one person can bankrupt it? You are clueless.
ProudAmerican

United States

#9 Nov 1, 2010
I do work at a major national corporation and as a production manager. I know if you are not the one with the checkbook then you know who is. Rex please enlighten me, what were the companies he worked for and his positions at both?
Rex the grinch

Laceys Spring, AL

#10 Nov 1, 2010
ProudAmerican wrote:
I do work at a major national corporation and as a production manager. I know if you are not the one with the checkbook then you know who is. Rex please enlighten me, what were the companies he worked for and his positions at both?
You tell me since you are the one saying he caused the companies to go bankrupt. I understand you hear all these things and you assume that they are true, you need to do the research for yourself and not depend on someones political rivals or supporters to feed you information.
ProudAmerican

United States

#11 Nov 1, 2010
Coral Petrol and Colonial Bank. He was an executive officer at both companies. I am an educated woman and I know I will not vote for a treasurer who had a hand in the bankruptcies of TWO corporations. If you know of different circumstances please enlighten me. I wouldn't be on this forum asking questions if I didn't want to know. I want to make an educated choice! Why do you not like Grimsley? I really would like to hear your thoughts, Persuade me.
Rex the grinch

Laceys Spring, AL

#12 Nov 1, 2010
ProudAmerican wrote:
Coral Petrol and Colonial Bank. He was an executive officer at both companies. I am an educated woman and I know I will not vote for a treasurer who had a hand in the bankruptcies of TWO corporations. If you know of different circumstances please enlighten me. I wouldn't be on this forum asking questions if I didn't want to know. I want to make an educated choice! Why do you not like Grimsley? I really would like to hear your thoughts, Persuade me.
Mr. Boozer was Vice President of Finance at Coral Petrol, meaning he had the President of Finance and the Chief Financial Officer that were his superiors. So how does being the number 3 guy at a company make you responsible for the company going bankrupt? At Colonial Bank he was the Vice President. I do believe that Bobby Lowder had something to do with Colonial Bank going bankrupt if you will check into that. Mr Lowder was the person pushing for Colonial to enter into high risk loans.
ProudAmerican

United States

#13 Nov 1, 2010
Sorry, but I disagree with you. Being the number three man id a very distinguished position and vice President is as well. It would be a streatch of the imagination to believe he knew nothing of the financial state of either coral or colonial. And if you are saying he didn't know, to me I'm not sure which is worse. Either he knew and was part of the problem or he didn't know and could not,while in an executive position, do anything about it. I'll stick with Grimsley, lessor of two evils!
Rex the grinch

Laceys Spring, AL

#14 Nov 1, 2010
ProudAmerican wrote:
Sorry, but I disagree with you. Being the number three man id a very distinguished position and vice President is as well. It would be a streatch of the imagination to believe he knew nothing of the financial state of either coral or colonial. And if you are saying he didn't know, to me I'm not sure which is worse. Either he knew and was part of the problem or he didn't know and could not,while in an executive position, do anything about it. I'll stick with Grimsley, lessor of two evils!
I understand where you are coming from but could you tell me what Grimsley has done that makes him qualifed? Does running a number of banks in small rural towns make qualified to be Treasurer?
Rex the grinch

Laceys Spring, AL

#15 Nov 1, 2010
I predict Boozer will win by 20 percentage points!
ProudAmerican

United States

#16 Nov 1, 2010
Well, Grimsley didn't bankrupt them. Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. Thanks for the converstion, it was interesting and enlightening!Thank you for a civil debate without nasty name calling!
dpenguin

Scottsboro, AL

#17 Nov 2, 2010
ProudAmerican wrote:
Sorry, but I disagree with you. Being the number three man id a very distinguished position and vice President is as well. It would be a streatch of the imagination to believe he knew nothing of the financial state of either coral or colonial. And if you are saying he didn't know, to me I'm not sure which is worse. Either he knew and was part of the problem or he didn't know and could not,while in an executive position, do anything about it. I'll stick with Grimsley, lessor of two evils!
Maybe he *knew*... but just because he *knew* doesn't necessarily mean he could *do* anything about it, either. What I read said that Coral was doing something illegal and was fined big bucks, and that article implied that was the reason for the bankruptcy 3 years later.

If I work at a company and I *know* they are not being responsible financially, does that make ME responsible? I think not.

What about *personal* finances? Does anyone have any *REAL* data on these two guys?
ProudAmerican

United States

#18 Nov 2, 2010
If you work for a company and you know there is financial mishandling and especially if it's criminal I would feel responsible. I guess thats where you have to choose wether or not you want to be a part of a corporation. Boozer was such a high ranking official it's hard to believe he was completly oblivious to the companies finances. I'll bet you Boozer's personal finances are in pristine order, but he knew how to get out before things got bad too. What makes you think he won't bail on Alabama?
Rex the grinch

Laceys Spring, AL

#19 Nov 2, 2010
ProudAmerican wrote:
If you work for a company and you know there is financial mishandling and especially if it's criminal I would feel responsible. I guess thats where you have to choose wether or not you want to be a part of a corporation. Boozer was such a high ranking official it's hard to believe he was completly oblivious to the companies finances. I'll bet you Boozer's personal finances are in pristine order, but he knew how to get out before things got bad too. What makes you think he won't bail on Alabama?
If you will forward me your information I will send you a new bottle of shut up juice vintage 2010. I told you Boozer would win by 20 points! Sorry but I had to gloat just a bit. Hopefully Boozer will be a good choice and if not I will be voting him out in four years.
ProudAmerican

United States

#20 Nov 3, 2010
Rex, you are a very classy winner. Congratulations!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albertville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) 9 hr Iamangttia 283
albertville primary school. Sep 23 knwyurght 3
Boaz council seeks change in aquatic center plans (Aug '13) Sep 19 boaz 3
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Sep 17 Annonymous 85
What can I do in this town tonight? Sep 16 Melanie 4
does anyone remember Jay Colvin? Sep 15 wellwell 1
Wyndham hotel a joke Sep 13 ThomasA 2

Albertville Jobs

Albertville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Albertville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Albertville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]