Guntersville Police Officer Shoots Man; He Allegedly Tried To R...

Full story: WHNT News 19

A Guntersville police officer shot a man overnight, sending the man to Huntsville Hospital.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of142
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 8, 2010
 
I'm sure the officer had no choice and I am completely no his side!
I hate that his aim was off and the guy ended up in the hospital. Now all us working stiffs will have to pay his bills since I'm sure he has no job and is living on every free program offered. He will probably end up on full disibility now. Please, all police officers and related personel. Go to the firing range and practice, practice, practice!!!!
MOE

Helena, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 8, 2010
 
TO THE PERSON THAT SAID THIS is police brutallity .You ARE A LIBERAL BLEEDING HEART RETARD ! THOSE GUYS ARE HEROES AND THEY TAKE OF EACH OTHER. GOOD JOB TO BAD IT WAS NOT A HEAD SHOT.
Straight Shooter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jan 8, 2010
 
Sean Baker wrote:
Police Brutallity
This may be true they should have put him out of his misery.
Star

Guntersville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jan 8, 2010
 
I am glad that the police officers were not hurt. However, I do know this person, and YES he has been introuble before, but what's not said is that he's been shot 7 times, not just one or two to stop him!! 7 times and may not be ever to walk again. He won't be able to teach his 20 month old son to play basketball or baseball. Don't judge everything you see on the news, it's not ALWAYS correct!!
blue

Albertville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jan 8, 2010
 
He should have thought about his son and teaching him all those great things before he put drugs first.he did this to himself. i am thankful that the police did what they had to do to protect our city... I think that He was to worried about partying and being a bad ass and doing what his buddies wanted to do instead being a good guy.
Police Wife

Albertville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jan 9, 2010
 
Star wrote:
I am glad that the police officers were not hurt. However, I do know this person, and YES he has been introuble before, but what's not said is that he's been shot 7 times, not just one or two to stop him!! 7 times and may not be ever to walk again. He won't be able to teach his 20 month old son to play basketball or baseball. Don't judge everything you see on the news, it's not ALWAYS correct!!
This Police Officer did a great job Because at the end of his shift not only he went home safe but his partner did too. This man attempted to run a Police Officer over to avoid getting caught with his 3 meth labs....And dont try to make ppl feel sorry for him bc he has a child...He was out making meth insted of being at home with his family. I am sorry he had to get shot but maybe him and the rest of his meth head family will learn a lesson.
Police Wife

Albertville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jan 9, 2010
 
Sean Baker wrote:
Police Brutallity
LOL I bet you have been in trouble before...Do you do METH?
joe big

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Jan 9, 2010
 
if you write something critical of government ,this tv 19 won' print it othes have submitted statements that weren't printed.
station 19 belongs to the state government.i sent 5 that weren't posted
Sister Wanda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jan 9, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Disarm police before more unarmed young people and family are distroyed guns are not the answer.
Jesus won souls by love not hate is the answer
rational thinker

Wilbraham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jan 9, 2010
 
Star wrote:
I am glad that the police officers were not hurt. However, I do know this person, and YES he has been introuble before, but what's not said is that he's been shot 7 times, not just one or two to stop him!! 7 times and may not be ever to walk again. He won't be able to teach his 20 month old son to play basketball or baseball. Don't judge everything you see on the news, it's not ALWAYS correct!!
REALLY NOW???? lets break this down ok,, you are complaining that he was shot seven times right.. 7 shots and he is alive right,, i think thats pretty dang lucky.. he could have had about 15 shots in him,, OR think about this,,, if the officer was a better shot,, HE could only have 1 shot in his head ,, hypothetically speaking of course,, so dont carry on about him being shot 7 times,, he is lucky.. and as far as him teaching his child to play sports,, once again, he should have been home with his child and not out in 12 degree weather cooking METH in his car on the side of the road. really now,, everyone can see his PRIORITIES here.. if he was a real man, he would have been home with his child and not out being a menace,,, what if his meth lab would have blown up on him,,, would you say that he got a bad batch of camping fuel,, or make some other excuse for him??? i bet you would,,, excuses excuses,, if he did truly progress him vehicle towards any police officer,, then he is lucky to be alive and not in the ground. now the taxpayers will have to take care of him if he is paralyzed for the rest of his life. The people of guntersville dont wanna hear excuses,, so think more RATIONAL and not just because you wanna make EXCUSES for this Meth head that got his butt dealt with.
BCB

Wilbraham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jan 9, 2010
 
Why dont you all just wait and see what the ABI report says before you speculate what happened.
bell

Fyffe, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jan 9, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Star wrote:
I am glad that the police officers were not hurt. However, I do know this person, and YES he has been introuble before, but what's not said is that he's been shot 7 times, not just one or two to stop him!! 7 times and may not be ever to walk again. He won't be able to teach his 20 month old son to play basketball or baseball. Don't judge everything you see on the news, it's not ALWAYS correct!!
dont juge till you know how meth heads are...there aggressive and violent, just like to ask you! do you know what it's like to live with a meth head? It's a living HELL! It's like living with a walking time bomb. they dont care if the kids have food to eat clothes to wear, they dont hold down jobs. they take the money you work hard for to feed your kids and pay bills. they take the money to go buy their meth. then you have to worry bout not Never knowing, from one day to the next what your day is going to be like. dont know if your going to be slapped across the face, just because you looked at him the wrong way. you can be asleep and get woke up being dragged out of bed by the hair of your head. or having a 357 magnum shoved in your mouth. and him telling you your not worth living. and then the kids having listen to the mental abuse, in his eyes the kids never did anything right, when they played ball he always cussed them out for there mistakes, never praised them for there touch downs, home runs,etc. if i ever tried console them oh there would be hell to pay. i never was aloud to go outside to play ball with my kids. my kids had no childhood. so the mother of that child needs to run as far and as fast as she can with her child.. so he can have a happy childhood
THE MORTON FAMILY

Cullman, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Jan 9, 2010
 
OK.... FOR ONE... THIS IS MY COUSIN... FOR TWO... YA'LL DONT KNOW THE WHOLE STORY... FOR THREE... THIS TOWN WE ARE IN IS AS CROOKED AS THE REST OF THEM... AND FOUR... ALEX HAD NO PREVIOUS DRUG CHARGES... HE HAD ONE PARAPHANELIA CHARGE IN HIS LIFE... HE IS SITTIN AT HUNTSVILLE HOSPITAL PARALYZED FROM THE CHEST DOWN... AND TELL ME WHY THE COPS TOLD HIS MOTHER THEY ONLY FIRED AT HIM ONCE WHEN HIS DOCTOR SAID THAT HE HAD 7...7 BULLET WOUNDS IN HIM... THREE BULLETS ARE STILL INSIDE... NOT INCLUDIN THE ONE THAT IS IN HIS SPINE.... YA'LL DONT KNOW HIS HISTORY WITH THE COPS AND YA'LL DONT KNOW WHAT HE HAS DONE... GET THE FACTS BEFORE YA'LL START MAKING JUDGEMENTS AGAINST HIM....
THE MORTON FAMILY

Cullman, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Jan 9, 2010
 
ALEX IS A VERY LOVING CARING GREAT PERSON SURE HE HAS AN ADDICTION SO DO EVERY ONE OF YOU IT MIGHT NOT BE DRUGS BUT IT IS SOMETHING YEAH... HE HAS HAD A PARAPHANELIA CHARGE STILL PENDING IN COURT... THE CHEF INVESTIGATOR HAS GAVE DEATH THREATS TO ALL OF US MORTONS EVEN THE LAW ABIDING ONES... IM SORRY BUT BECAUSE HE HAD A SICKNESS DOSENT MEAN HE DESERVED TO BE PARALYZED...LET ALONE DIE PLEASE REMEMBER THE FBI SAID THAT THEY WERE VERY WRONG DUE TO HOW HE WAS SHOT BECAUSE ON THE POLICE TAPES NO ONE WAS IN FRONT OF HIM!!!!!
SHANNON MORTON - BROTHER

Cullman, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Jan 9, 2010
 
THIS GOES OUT TO PEOPLE AND POLICE! WHY PUT COMMENTS ON THE INTERNET IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY COME TO 2401 DEERMAN STREET, GUNTERSVILLE AND WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT IF YOU WANT THE FACTS ABOUT THE WHOLE STORY! I WORKED FOR THE CITY OF GUNTERSVILLE FOR 5 YEARS.. I KNOW HOW CROOKED THEY ARE! I HAVE SEEN WHERE THEY HAVE BURNED EVIDENCE AND OTHER THINGS.... AND IF THE FBI WANTS TO TALK TO ME THEN LET THEM COME ON... BUT THIS IS POLICE BRUTALITY FOR SURE... FUCK THE POLICE... BUT FOR THE FBI... I GOT SOME USEFUL INFORMATION FOR YOU ON THIS AND OTHER ACCOUNTS THAT HAS TO DO WITH THE CITY OF GUNTERSVILLE!
road killer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Jan 9, 2010
 
THE MORTON FAMILY wrote:
OK.... FOR ONE... THIS IS MY COUSIN... FOR TWO... YA'LL DONT KNOW THE WHOLE STORY... FOR THREE... THIS TOWN WE ARE IN IS AS CROOKED AS THE REST OF THEM... AND FOUR... ALEX HAD NO PREVIOUS DRUG CHARGES... HE HAD ONE PARAPHANELIA CHARGE IN HIS LIFE... HE IS SITTIN AT HUNTSVILLE HOSPITAL PARALYZED FROM THE CHEST DOWN... AND TELL ME WHY THE COPS TOLD HIS MOTHER THEY ONLY FIRED AT HIM ONCE WHEN HIS DOCTOR SAID THAT HE HAD 7...7 BULLET WOUNDS IN HIM... THREE BULLETS ARE STILL INSIDE... NOT INCLUDIN THE ONE THAT IS IN HIS SPINE.... YA'LL DONT KNOW HIS HISTORY WITH THE COPS AND YA'LL DONT KNOW WHAT HE HAS DONE... GET THE FACTS BEFORE YA'LL START MAKING JUDGEMENTS AGAINST HIM....
I'm glad he will suffer the rest of his life, maybe we'll get lucky and he'll choke on his slobber. I'm amazed that you can say "he ONLY HAD these things on his record"... your cousin is a piece of garbage and it sounds like your whole family is. Are you related to Octo mom?
road killer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Jan 9, 2010
 
SHANNON MORTON - BROTHER wrote:
THIS GOES OUT TO PEOPLE AND POLICE! WHY PUT COMMENTS ON THE INTERNET IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY COME TO 2401 DEERMAN STREET, GUNTERSVILLE AND WE CAN TALK ABOUT IT IF YOU WANT THE FACTS ABOUT THE WHOLE STORY! I WORKED FOR THE CITY OF GUNTERSVILLE FOR 5 YEARS.. I KNOW HOW CROOKED THEY ARE! I HAVE SEEN WHERE THEY HAVE BURNED EVIDENCE AND OTHER THINGS.... AND IF THE FBI WANTS TO TALK TO ME THEN LET THEM COME ON... BUT THIS IS POLICE BRUTALITY FOR SURE...**** THE POLICE... BUT FOR THE FBI... I GOT SOME USEFUL INFORMATION FOR YOU ON THIS AND OTHER ACCOUNTS THAT HAS TO DO WITH THE CITY OF GUNTERSVILLE!
Addiction is NOT a sickness but an excuse for low life's like your family to mooch off everyone else. Go live in Columbia where your whole family can buy, sell, and use drugs as freely as they please.

I think it is police brutality only when they don't kill the criminals... shoot 'em dead would be more kind.
Police Wife

Albertville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Jan 9, 2010
 
THE MORTON FAMILY wrote:
ALEX IS A VERY LOVING CARING GREAT PERSON SURE HE HAS AN ADDICTION SO DO EVERY ONE OF YOU IT MIGHT NOT BE DRUGS BUT IT IS SOMETHING YEAH... HE HAS HAD A PARAPHANELIA CHARGE STILL PENDING IN COURT... THE CHEF INVESTIGATOR HAS GAVE DEATH THREATS TO ALL OF US MORTONS EVEN THE LAW ABIDING ONES... IM SORRY BUT BECAUSE HE HAD A SICKNESS DOSENT MEAN HE DESERVED TO BE PARALYZED...LET ALONE DIE PLEASE REMEMBER THE FBI SAID THAT THEY WERE VERY WRONG DUE TO HOW HE WAS SHOT BECAUSE ON THE POLICE TAPES NO ONE WAS IN FRONT OF HIM!!!!!
POLICE TAPES! lol shows how much u know. There are no video tapes bc the police were driveing trucks due to the ice on the road!
BETH-GUNTERSVILL E

Cullman, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Jan 9, 2010
 
Sean Baker wrote:
Police Brutallity
Thank God someone else sees our side.Shooting an unarmed man "7" times is a bit excessive.Why not shoot out the tires?
Yet another Police Wife

Harvest, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Jan 9, 2010
 
Ok first of all, Police Brutaliy? Everyone starts yelling police brutality when the police do something that makes them mad. You always hate the police until you need them. Then when you do need them they can't get there fast enough! And shooting an "unarmed man" 7 times? HA!!! he was about to RUN OVER a cop!! i say a vehicle could be classified as a very large weapon. Can you honestly say that if one of your loved ones was above to be injured that you wouldn't shoot someone as many times as possible? i don't think so! Another thing, there is no police tape so how would one know that there is no evidence showing that no one was in front of the car? Oh that's right! you must have been there! probably hiding in the woods helping him cook his meth! And everyone always turns into a saint either when they die or when they get hurt. So now this guy is a a loving a caring person just cause he's laid up in the hospital and can't walk. If he's such a loving and caring person why wasn't he at home loving his child or why didn't he care about the life of the officer enough NOT to try to run him over? And one more thing...to the person on Deerman St....don't even start. I used to work in law enforcement myself and that address sure does ring some bells for me. Thank you to all the men and women in blue who get out there and risk there lives everyday for barely more than minimum wage to keep people like Mr. Morton from hurting innocent people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of142
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Albertville Discussions

Search the Albertville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Another meth arrest. Tom crane Thu Flo_knows 1
Son of Ala mayor, reality personality dies Apr 12 Ron 1
Bud beam Apr 7 Concerned family 1
Man's Body Found, Wife Charged With Murder (May '10) Apr 4 fly on the wall 86
Dead pit bull transported in plain view by anim... Mar 29 ThomasA 1
DeKalb County authorities on scene of shooting ... Mar 21 dysyphur 1
bass masters Mar '14 ThomasA 3
•••
•••
•••
Albertville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Albertville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Albertville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••