Observant1

Rainsville, AL

#41 Oct 27, 2010
Jane you are making a good case for those who say Clem is handpicked by Harris and Harris's attitude "If you dont do what I say I'm gonna run somebody against you" Wonder how that worked out when he was attempting to stick his nose in the telephone Co. business, with the board elections a few months back. I heard it didn't fair to well.
whatsnewstoyou

Guin, AL

#42 Oct 27, 2010
Harris was all over the Wiloughby case when the media was in attendance. Today I saw no media and also noticed the lack of a sheriff. Speaks volumes to me.
come and take it

United States

#43 Oct 27, 2010
John Howard wrote:
<quoted text>
Harris and ALL the Democratic candidates are going to win!!!!
It will be a great day for America and for the Democratic Agenda!!!
Maybe.......We all see how the Democratic Agenda is turning out, unemployment, illegal aliens and recession.
decided voter

Fort Payne, AL

#44 Oct 27, 2010
I just got a copy of the Dekalb Advertiser and made up my mind. I have been following the Sheriffs election with great indecision. I have followed the topix message boards. Knowing that you could not believe everything you hear and read. I have read letters to the editors Mr. Chandler sorry for your illness, but after hearing why your son is no longer with the Sheriffs dept and not in jail. I understand why he is so grateful to The Sheriff. After all of the talk about the Bain arrest and the family working for the Sheriff’s office, the audits etc. I was begining to believe that this was all political mud sling and lies. When I read the Advertisement in the DeKalb Advertiser and seen where Jimmy Harris has made 456 arrest since last week’s advertisement. I have clearly seen who is doing the mudslinging and lying. I now commit my vote to Lamar Bray and hope everyone else is can see through this. Where there is smoke there is fire and Mr. Harris has a lot of smoke around him. All of these allegations must have some truth to them. Thanks to the topix message board for keeping the public informed
liberty

Flat Rock, AL

#45 Oct 27, 2010
decided voter wrote:
I just got a copy of the Dekalb Advertiser and made up my mind. I have been following the Sheriffs election with great indecision. I have followed the topix message boards. Knowing that you could not believe everything you hear and read. I have read letters to the editors Mr. Chandler sorry for your illness, but after hearing why your son is no longer with the Sheriffs dept and not in jail. I understand why he is so grateful to The Sheriff. After all of the talk about the Bain arrest and the family working for the Sheriff’s office, the audits etc. I was begining to believe that this was all political mud sling and lies. When I read the Advertisement in the DeKalb Advertiser and seen where Jimmy Harris has made 456 arrest since last week’s advertisement. I have clearly seen who is doing the mudslinging and lying. I now commit my vote to Lamar Bray and hope everyone else is can see through this. Where there is smoke there is fire and Mr. Harris has a lot of smoke around him. All of these allegations must have some truth to them. Thanks to the topix message board for keeping the public informed
I too have seen the light. I thought that all this was just politics. Well, I was wrong. The sheriff and his department seem to be pretty corrupt. I had forgotten about Chandler stealing money from people and then the sheriff covering for him. There is another one that the sheriff has covered for. Guess you need to be in the click to be untouchable to the law. If that had been an ordinary citizen they would have been jailed .
Honest Abe

Coudersport, PA

#46 Oct 28, 2010
Crossing over, you made a good choice. I saw that sign Sat. evening late. It looked like box cutters were used. I guess the signs must have cost 500 bucks. I was putting up Lamar signs in my community last week and was observed by one our deputies. My sign never made it through night. One thing we need to remember. Harris had a motorcade through DeKalb County in 2006. All of Dino Richards big signs were gone a day or two later. We can expect same for Lamar Bray signs.
Lee

Winfield, AL

#47 Oct 28, 2010
Come take my signs tonight, harris or your emploees
see where the box cutters will be!!!!!!!!
Marie

Philadelphia, MS

#48 Oct 29, 2010
Bray can't even run an honest campaign, let alone the Sheriff's Office!!! Sheriff Harris is a good, Christian man who deseves our support!
freespeech

Fyffe, AL

#49 Oct 29, 2010
Marie wrote:
Bray can't even run an honest campaign, let alone the Sheriff's Office!!! Sheriff Harris is a good, Christian man who deseves our support!
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA so funny.
freespeech

Fyffe, AL

#50 Oct 29, 2010
Marie wrote:
just what is your diffintion of a christian? lets see maybe covering up crimes by his employes or maybe signing illegal contracts,or maybe promoting employes who commit crimes,could be lying about being arrested himself,naw i bet i know what it is, just being a crook. so if any of these are qualifications for being a christian you must serve a differant god than me.
SawTheLight

United States

#51 Oct 29, 2010
Marie wrote:
Name just one untrue thing that Chief Bray has said! And as for being a good Christian, I don't think it's very Chritian to campaign at church!
concerned

Montgomery, AL

#52 Oct 29, 2010
Look on the Times Journal web site. They have now graced us with their opinion of who should be sheriff. It will be in Saturday's edition for all to see.
As if we are idiots and did not already know their "opinion"!
What a bunch of Harris, Lowell Barron, and Bill Jordan ass kissers!
my vote

Rainsville, AL

#53 Oct 29, 2010
concerned wrote:
Look on the Times Journal web site. They have now graced us with their opinion of who should be sheriff. It will be in Saturday's edition for all to see.
Just knowing that this JOKE of a newspaper endorsed harris and barron would be enough to make me vote for their opponenets. However I do agree that Harcrow is the right choice. I guess they didn't want to look to obvious.
Looking For Answers

Coudersport, PA

#54 Oct 29, 2010
I don't think we have the right to judge a true Christian. Would a true Christian say he was arrested for taking pictures of a Klan march, when his pardon said he was arrested for unlawful assembly? Would a true Christian cover up a crime committed by his employees? Would a true Christian promote that individual? Would a true Christian call himself a hero who has never served this nation in combat? Would a true Christian try to ruin the life of a former employee who disagreed with him? Would a true Christian be man enough to stand up and say, I have made many mistakes in my life and I am sorry if I have not been honest with the citizens of this county? Yes a True Christian would admit his or her mistakes. Please don't hold your breath while waiting for Sheriff Harris to Tell The Truth or apologize.
Night Owl

Coudersport, PA

#55 Oct 29, 2010
If Harris gets reelected. I know you will be thrilled to see him ride his trusted steed up the courthouse steps to take his oath again. you will be thrilled everyday when the times journal has his picture in the paper everyday. the deputy he promoted after assaulting the woman in valley head will be promoted again. i guess they both like to whip on women. what a thrill it will be to see wade and mitch riding shotgun for their hero. i sure hope the voters have had enough of harris and his three stooges.
Sick of Them All

Coudersport, PA

#56 Oct 29, 2010
A vote for Jimmy Harris is a vote for Wade Hill.....Everybody knows that Harris is NOT smart enough to run the Sheriff's Department.....He can't even speak clearly.....Wade runs the Sheriff's Dept......Someone should also ask Harris why, when he was in the Police Academy did the Academy take class president away from him......I'm sure he would lie about that also.....,.Harris, Hill, Jordan, Dendy, Edmondson, Barron and let's not forget Johnny ASS KISSER Eberhart....I'm sick of them all......
dragracer

United States

#57 Oct 30, 2010
Last election voted all democrat, this time voting mostly all republican. The people of this county/state gave the democrats an oppurnity and they failed. I'm tired of hearing excuses. Time to speak up and clean up this place.
concerned

Ider, AL

#58 Oct 30, 2010
dragracer wrote:
Last election voted all democrat, this time voting mostly all republican. The people of this county/state gave the democrats an oppurnity and they failed. I'm tired of hearing excuses. Time to speak up and clean up this place.
Love it!! Remember this also when Board of Education and Superintendent elections come around also!! Because their all in it together!!
Whiskers

Fort Payne, AL

#59 Oct 31, 2010
It's really a shame that the DeKalb Advertiser fell into the same trap as the Jordan Times-Journal.....page after page filled with half-truths, deception, and character assassinations. We need a great local newspaper that shows all sides, prints truth, and focuses on the positive things in DeKalb County. Really, allowing ex-cons to have 4 weeks of the front page? How ridiculous.

Conservative friends, let's take action. If you are tired of this mess, maybe you will do as I have done: I CANCELED my subscription to BOTH papers! I am only one voice. If we all do this, maybe they will wake up. Or maybe it will just take a landslide on Tuesday to make them realize what pawns in the political chess game they have been.
goofball

Coudersport, PA

#60 Nov 2, 2010
concerned wrote:
you go concerned

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albertville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who shot Dale Gilliland? (Jan '09) Oct 19 Anonymous 356
Who shot Dale Gilliland ? (Apr '09) Oct 14 Somebody 9
Dead pit bull transported in plain view by anim... (Mar '14) Oct 5 ThomasA 3
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Oct 3 iamangttia 89
albertville primary school. Sep '14 knwyurght 3
Boaz council seeks change in aquatic center plans (Aug '13) Sep '14 boaz 3
What can I do in this town tonight? Sep '14 Melanie 4
Albertville Dating
Find my Match

Albertville Jobs

Albertville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Albertville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Albertville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]