National Weather Service & Albertvill...

National Weather Service & Albertville City Officials Assess To...

There are 17 comments on the WHNT News 19 story from Apr 25, 2010, titled National Weather Service & Albertville City Officials Assess To.... In it, WHNT News 19 reports that:

Albertville Mayor Lindsey Lyons said thirty-three people were injured in Saturday's tornado, but only one was seriously injured with fractures.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHNT News 19.

Donna

United States

#1 Apr 26, 2010
I am in shock and awe at the damage to your beautiful town. The old trees and buildings cannot be repaired or replaced. I just wish there had been a way to have someone from Red Cross or even upstanding townspeople that could have been out on the roads where everyone was trying to get to see the damage and would have had donation buckets or something similar. I believe that there are so many people that care, you could have raised a lot of money to at least cover some expenses for the ones in desperate need.....and I saw lots of those!!!
There are a lot of us that would like to help out, but don't know where to start. Some of us are older and may be limited to the type help we can provide, but we can help if we all work together to help get Albertville as big and better than it was!!
Our prayers are with you!
mother2m

United States

#2 Apr 26, 2010
Plz people don't drive up here to look. Help us by staying home. Right now there is enough workers helping. We need to recover. Too many ppl just coming to look.
Barbara Campbell

Laceys Spring, AL

#3 Apr 26, 2010
I feel for the people of Albertville, I have friends there and so thankful they are okay, Its amazing to see/hear of the unity of people to come together to make the city go back to what it once was, Thank God no one was seriouly injured/Killed in this tornado, Everyone should be very thank ful we can rebuild but we can't restore life, Good Luck to Albertville
leesagee from Boaz

Albertville, AL

#4 Apr 26, 2010
My husband and I were getting ready to go to bed, when I thought I heard something different about the wind. We opened the door to look, and my husband said there sure was a lot of lighting toward Albertville. I'm pretty sure it was the sound of the tornado when it touched down in Albertville. My husband and I decided to stay out of Albertville all together, so the people working could do their job. God bless all of you. Boaz folks, we've dodged a bullet. We might not be as lucky nest time
ManWithNoName

Calera, AL

#5 Apr 26, 2010
The man I was helping had to go to a city meeting at the B.O.E. and had to sneak in because the police told him he couldn't walk in to his OWN street. His pregnant wife and 2 daughters are at home with no air or refrigerator and the police are trying to arrest him. The chief of police ought to be ashamed. I understand controlling traffic, but I don't see how you can keep someone off their own street.
Debbie from Florida

Seffner, FL

#6 Apr 26, 2010
My prayers go out to the people in Albertville. My daughter lives in Arab and is pregnant with her first child. I was very concerned about her and thank God the tornado missed Arab. My son-in-law is from Arab and has family in Albertville. They are OK except for the new addition to the trailer (a tree went through it!) Will keep you all in our prayers!
albertville

Guntersville, AL

#7 Apr 26, 2010
Donna wrote:
I am in shock and awe at the damage to your beautiful town. The old trees and buildings cannot be repaired or replaced. I just wish there had been a way to have someone from Red Cross or even upstanding townspeople that could have been out on the roads where everyone was trying to get to see the damage and would have had donation buckets or something similar. I believe that there are so many people that care, you could have raised a lot of money to at least cover some expenses for the ones in desperate need.....and I saw lots of those!!!
There are a lot of us that would like to help out, but don't know where to start. Some of us are older and may be limited to the type help we can provide, but we can help if we all work together to help get Albertville as big and better than it was!!
Our prayers are with you!
anyone can call red close and they will assign you something to do, or you can just go to the albertville rec center and help hand out food. it amazing how people are pulling together and helping out our town, we are very blessed to have such wonderful neighbors!
Chris

Boaz, AL

#8 Apr 26, 2010
I live in Albertville, and down the road from my street is my girlfriends neighborhood and let me just say, after seeing her street, im VERY lucky that mine was touched. Thank God her house wasnt damaged (other than a window)! Shes also a senior at Albertville and from what i am hearing, she may not get to even finish her senior year due to damage at high school! They may go ahead and graduate all the seniors who are passing at the time. Please pray for our city! We are a strong community and we will get through this! We are family, but most of all.....WE ARE ALBERTVILLE!!!!! God Bless!
Chris

Boaz, AL

#10 Apr 26, 2010
i meant to say im very blessed my street WASNT touched...sorry :)
albertville

Guntersville, AL

#11 Apr 26, 2010
Chris wrote:
I live in Albertville, and down the road from my street is my girlfriends neighborhood and let me just say, after seeing her street, im VERY lucky that mine was touched. Thank God her house wasnt damaged (other than a window)! Shes also a senior at Albertville and from what i am hearing, she may not get to even finish her senior year due to damage at high school! They may go ahead and graduate all the seniors who are passing at the time. Please pray for our city! We are a strong community and we will get through this! We are family, but most of all.....WE ARE ALBERTVILLE!!!!! God Bless!
i was lucky not to be hit too, ive talked to city leaders and they are trying their best to figure out how they are going to finish the school year, possibly trailers set up somehwere.
A Dekalb county resident

Henagar, AL

#12 Apr 26, 2010
Lets not forget all those affected in Dekalb county. There is alot of people who are dealing with the loss of property, etc. I know that a lot of people are lucky to be alive in both Albertville and Geraldine area. Many people in the Painter community in Dekalb county will have a lot of clean time as well because of the large trees surrouding there homes and the damage to their homes. So please remember that both Albertville and Geraldine need prayers and assistance.
Tiffany Stillwell

Honaker, VA

#13 Apr 26, 2010
I live in virginia with my husband but all my family lives in Albertville. My mother lives on hwy 68 about a mile off of hwy 75 approx. 5 miles out of albertville towards geraldine. All of the trees in the area are down. She says everything looks flat like there were never any trees. Next door my grandmother has a pecan tree through her house. On the road behind them my cousin lost his trailer and my aunts chicken farm is completely gone. My family says it looks like no buildings were ever there. Another aunts house is beyond repair. More families around them have similar problems. A few people are injured. My mother, sister, and 1 year old nephew were in the closet when the tornado hit. She said the house was shaking and it sounded like a train was plowing down the road. My family is lucky to be alive. When they looked at the roof it is barely on. They were seconds away from being sucked into the tornado. I am so thankful they are alive. I hope everyone else is as lucky. There are cops and army guys patroling to help everyone and stop looting. My father was on a job in another state and arrived home at 3am. Along hwy 75 and hwy 68 many people are without a place to live or have major house damage. I cant go home now but I will as soon as I can with supplies from the outside. The areas Albertville and Geraldine need help and eneryones prayers.
a family friend

United States

#14 Apr 27, 2010
i have a brother who lives in albertville and although his home was spared his place of employment was not he was told it could take weeks before he can return to his job with a wife and two children to worry about he went to the light company to see what he could do about his light bill to keep his power from getting turned off while he is out of work and was told they were sorry but there was nothing they could do to help him
Tiffany Stillwell

Honaker, VA

#15 Apr 27, 2010
a family friend wrote:
i have a brother who lives in albertville and although his home was spared his place of employment was not he was told it could take weeks before he can return to his job with a wife and two children to worry about he went to the light company to see what he could do about his light bill to keep his power from getting turned off while he is out of work and was told they were sorry but there was nothing they could do to help him
Make sure your brother goes to the albertville rec center. There are people there set up to help out the victims. They may have some type of paper he can sign to help with his bills. no guarantee but the police, fire, ema, and everyone is stationed there. My mom went today to get assistance.
A Prayer For All

United States

#16 Apr 27, 2010
I do not currently live in the Albertville City area,but I do have many friends and loved ones who were affected by the storms, and suffering the disaster that has taken away their family home. I was devastated at what I witnessed while making my way to check on my mother after the storm had passed. We should all be greatful, and everyone, not only the Albertville community should come together and try to help one another rebuild the once beautiful City of Albertville. A city is lttle more than a name, but a community is family. Those who are out sight seeing, and watching the homeowners try to clean up their land should stop and offer a helping hand.You do not have to know someone personally to have compassion, and show everyone that you care no matter who they are. I am praying for EVERYONE who fell victim to this catastrophy, and their families.God Bless You All.
Jeremy

Albertville, AL

#17 Apr 29, 2010
Thats pretty pathetic when the one that is suppose to be protecting us is being unreasonable at a time in need.I dont think the words "protect & serve" mean anything anymore.If that were my family in there i guess they had better get a cell cleaned out for me!!!!
john

Albertville, AL

#18 Apr 29, 2010
to the guy with no name jeremy took the words right out of my mouth in response to your posting

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albertville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i heard eric sartain sells meth Sep 14 fumfer 1
News Child abuse charged in Boaz (Jul '09) Aug 25 Michael Stephen B... 4
Court referral and color code (Jan '14) Aug '17 extortion 23
Jessie Snider Jul '17 Unknown 1
Another meth arrest. Tom crane (Apr '14) Jul '17 Ttt 18
Albertville Music Thread (Sep '16) Jun '17 Musikologist 2
Amy Stewart (Feb '17) Jun '17 Aville 5

Albertville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance