Hispanics Skip Work to Protest Ala. I...

Hispanics Skip Work to Protest Ala. Immigration Law

There are 22 comments on the News Max story from Oct 12, 2011, titled Hispanics Skip Work to Protest Ala. Immigration Law. In it, News Max reports that:

At least a half-dozen poultry plants shut down or scaled back operations Wednesday and many other businesses closed as Hispanics in Alabama skipped work to protest the state's toughest-in-the-nation immigration law.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Max.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Telling It Like It Is

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Dec 7, 2011
FRED wrote:
I the jobs the hispanics are doing at the poultry plants are jobs that nobody else wants then let the poultry plants close since nobody wants to work there other than illegal immigrants it wont hurt the unemployment rate.
Oh i forgot to post this:
Obama sucks, impeach obama, vote for anyone other than obama!!!!!!!!!!
The company should have no problem with moving south considering the fact that it's all NATFTA free trade. Telling a company to move is counter productive to your entire "jobs jobs jobs" mantra.

Are you for jobs in America or you just an arrogant little person who wants to hate and willing to harm America in any way possible?

“Assimilate & Speak English!”

Since: Jan 07

Lansing, IL - now: Pomp Bch FL

#22 Dec 7, 2011
Telling It Like It Is wrote:
<quoted text>
The demographics of a region normally coincide with those using social services. Take for example the Appalachian regions of the USA. By a majority it's all Anglo and that majority coincides with the use of social services as well. On a per capita basis Whites dominate the welfare doles. Goto California where the Hispanics are just about equal with Anglos in population and you'll see that demographics coincide with the use of social services accordingly.
Regarding your point about people being lazy amounts to nothing more than ignorance.
Based on the 2006 TOTAL population of each respective race in the United States, it is:
37.8% white*(37.8% of the white population is on welfare)
27.78% black*(27.78% of the black population is on welfare)
11.47% Hispanic***(11.47% of the Hispanic population is on welfare)
Another way to look at this data is based on the total number of people who receive welfare. It is:
39% white 11,661,000 of 29,900,000 recipients
38% black 11,362,000 of 29,900,000
17% Hispanic 5,083,000 of 29,900,000
Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_race_pe...
You're taking that as a percent of the whole population. This is incorrect. You have to look at the population of whites or blacks and then find the percent that is on welfare, not the percent of all on welfare, but how many whites are in this country and what percent are on welfare. Same for other races.

Blacks and Hispanics disproportionately receive welfare benefits when taking into consideration the percent of each compared to the population as a whole. That is a fact.

More Whites than Blacks collect welfare, but that is only true by raw numbers and not taking into account population of each.
Statistics isn't just looking at raw numbers and jumping to conclusions. In the case of breaking down race and welfare (or race and crime), it is disingenuous and pathetic to keep yapping about how more Whites are on welfare, failing to mention that they have over 4 times the population and are practically neck and neck when it comes to taking welfare (percentage-wise of total population)! If you need to cling to that "fact," then cling away. But why not just admit that a much bigger proportion of Blacks collect welfare than Whites?

FORGET HOW MANY MILLION OF BLACKS AND WHITES ARE ON WELFARE; BLACKS HAVE ONLY SOMETHING LIKE 14% OF THE POPULATION! Don't you get that raw numbers are not valid in comparisons unless both groups have exactly the same amount of people?

Overall, there is a much greater percentage of Blacks on welfare, compared to Whites, FACTORING IN EACH RACE'S TOTAL REPRESENTATION OF THE POPULATION. The same can be said for Hispanics.

Why ascribe labels like 'lazy' to these results? Sounds like shame to me...I just am tired of denial. The truth shall set you free...And I am fully aware that there are stories behind all conditions. But in metaphysics is the concept of the law of attraction. And if you don't live in truth, then how can you really succeed? You have to face whatever is before you with dignity and grace...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albertville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy Stewart (Feb '17) Nov 11 Tim 6
Former Dairy Queen employee sleeps with sister Nov 6 Boaz4life 3
News Murder Arrest: Albertville Police Arrest Man In... (Jun '10) Nov 1 Courtney M 42
News Dead pit bull transported in plain view by anim... (Mar '14) Oct 31 cadescove99 4
ThomasA is a dicksucker Oct 27 ThomasA is a dick... 1
Am I a jerk? Oct '17 ThomasA 1
News Albertville to have last Kmart in Alabama Oct '17 davy 2

Albertville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Albertville Mortgages