blount county wet or dry vote
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Carly Frost

Birmingham, AL

#41 Nov 1, 2012
I agree with Sylvia. I have a story for you. Do you remember how many DECADES Cullman County stayed dry? There were MANY bootleggers that stood to lose much by them going "wet." But that isn't the biggest travesty: One of the LARGEST contributors to keeping Cullman dry was one of the liquor store owners just across the county line -who will remain un-named.

"Keep Blount County Special" stinks EXACTLY like the "concerned" group the liquor store I speak of posed as. This isn't anyone IN Blount County. This is someone profiting HEAVILY due to how "Special" some of our citizens are. "Short Bus Special" is more like it.

It's time for you pitiful religious zealots to STOP being afraid of your own shadow and teach your children MORALS -right & wrong- without having to have a "mandate from On High."

I can only imagine the depraved persons some would be if not for fear of ghosts!
Fred

Arab, AL

#42 Nov 2, 2012
I wish we could have a discussion without the name calling and slander. That being said I am sure there will alway be holdouts to going wet (counties and cities) but the fact is if you are a dry city an there is a wet city near you then you are losing tax dollars. Its not like people are going to start drinking just because there is a beer store in town.

You can either go wet or get left behind. Blount county will go wet. It might be this election or twenty years from now but eventually Blount county will be wet. Just wait until the 459 loop is finished you will see Blount county change dramaticlly so I know you want to hold on to the "old" ways but when you are so close to a major city like Birmingham change is inevitable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albertville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy Stewart Mar 20 Joey 3
News Man charged with raping elderly woman in Albert... Mar 3 sarge 2
Court referral and color code (Jan '14) Feb 20 Thersa72 14
Carpout a bust 2017 B. Feb '17 Johnhentry 1
News Chicken Plant In Albertville Holds Job Fair (Oct '11) Feb '17 boy thats odd 9
Douglas Coach Paul Pankey Suspended And Banned ... (Sep '12) Jan '17 Gotofedsgetthem o... 10
Peach Jan '17 Suesmommy 1

Albertville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Albertville Mortgages