albertville getting advise illegal im...

albertville getting advise illegal immigration attorney kris ko...

There are 101 comments on the WHNT News 19 story from Mar 16, 2010, titled albertville getting advise illegal immigration attorney kris ko.... In it, WHNT News 19 reports that:

Kris Kobach has worked for former Attorney General John Ashcroft, represented Arizona Sheriff Joseph M. "Joe" Arpaio and appeard on Comedy Central's "Colbert Report." Next week, he will come to Albertville, Alabama.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHNT News 19.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Hsv

Huntsville, AL

#1 Mar 16, 2010
I like this man, just curious though...that happens when all the illegals have no homes and no jobs but still stay here in the US...do they resort to crime and start harming our economy even more?? There are so many Id hate to see what happened if they all banned together.
Sick of the Mayor

Livingston, AL

#2 Mar 16, 2010
Well if they look at the landlords around the city of Albertville, it would lead to people that are making a killing off of the people in this area (rental property is very high for the pay scale in this area), and City leaders!!
Beverly Welch

United States

#3 Mar 16, 2010
They need to send more to North Alabama instead of just one!
Sean

Moody, AL

#4 Mar 16, 2010
Another redneck looking to discriminate against minorities, remember when this happened to the black people, nobody wanted them in their communities. Mr Kobach should mind his own business leave people alone and try and remember that God made us all equal. I just love the ignorance and bigotry that the south breeds, dont you?
albertville

Guntersville, AL

#5 Mar 16, 2010
Sean wrote:
Another redneck looking to discriminate against minorities, remember when this happened to the black people, nobody wanted them in their communities. Mr Kobach should mind his own business leave people alone and try and remember that God made us all equal. I just love the ignorance and bigotry that the south breeds, dont you?
First off you apparently don't know what you're talking about, so maybe you dont need to comment.? This is about legal and illegal, and this man was asked to come in by the Albertville City officials. It has nothing to do with race, im so sick of hearing that from people. So maybe you mind your own buisness, unless you are from albertville..?
MadMommy

Pearl City, HI

#6 Mar 16, 2010
At some point every community needs to address the failure of our Federal government in removing illegal immigrants from our cities. California has sanctuary policies that stop the police from doing anything about the 2.5 MILLION illegal immigrants in our state.

I've seen the changes in Los Angeles over the last 30+ years, and I hope you folks can save your communities before it's too late. I think it's already too late in Los Angeles. The schools are so overcrowded and most of our neighborhood schools are now predominantly Hispanic, many over 90%. That is NOT diversity. It is overwhelming.

When you allow sanctuary policies to prohibit enforcement of immigration, you disenfranchise the citizens and encourage more illegal residents to come and settle there.

However, if you can discourage illegal immigrants from coming with strict state enforcement, your citizens will reap the benefits of more jobs, better schools, lower taxes and a less crime. It makes perfect sense to enforce the laws at the state level and better serve it's own citizens.

In Los Angeles, tax dollars are spent in the billions every year to provide services to illegal immigrants and their offspring...... Those tax dollars are not serving the citizens that paid them.

The endless gravy train of benefits also encourages more and more illegal immigrants to come. The downward spiral is WAY out of control here. Los Angeles has lost itself doing so much for strangers from another country. It's really a shame.

Enforce the local laws and prohibit sanctuary policies. NO JOBS and they will leave the same way they got here. Deportation by attrition.
Humm

Huntsville, AL

#7 Mar 16, 2010
Sean wrote:
Another redneck looking to discriminate against minorities, remember when this happened to the black people, nobody wanted them in their communities. Mr Kobach should mind his own business leave people alone and try and remember that God made us all equal. I just love the ignorance and bigotry that the south breeds, dont you?
Well too bad we live in the US and the fact is they are here ILLEGAL. We already have enough people on welfare dragging us down here to have people here ILLEGALLY as well!!
Sick of the Mayor

Livingston, AL

#8 Mar 16, 2010
Sean wrote:
Another redneck looking to discriminate against minorities, remember when this happened to the black people, nobody wanted them in their communities. Mr Kobach should mind his own business leave people alone and try and remember that God made us all equal. I just love the ignorance and bigotry that the south breeds, dont you?
No, what needs to happen is that the Mayor and the City of Albertville needs to realize all the Revenue the Poultry Industry bring into this community. And that all that would be left if they were to leave would be trashy trailer parks, used car lots and a downtown that is now completely empty..
Mary

Apache Junction, AZ

#9 Mar 16, 2010
I don't understand why this man wants to get rid of illegal imagrants and y this people r so negative about the illegals being here if the ones that do the hard work in the usa r the illegals. Do u happen to know that all the vegetables that he puts in his mouth every day go through illegals hands cause i don't think he picks them himself !!!!!
Mary

Apache Junction, AZ

#10 Mar 16, 2010
Sick of the Mayor wrote:
Well if they look at the landlords around the city of Albertville, it would lead to people that are making a killing off of the people in this area (rental property is very high for the pay scale in this area), and City leaders!!
u know in a couple of years they will b mayority and u will b minority ok ....
MadMommy

Pearl City, HI

#11 Mar 16, 2010
Oh BTW, the rental property gets really trashed by having a dozen people in one bedroom apartments. You'll also have a lot of broken cars parked on your streets. Drivers with no license or insurance. Drunken drivers and worse. You'll watch all the poultry industry dollars get wired out of the country instead of being spent in your local towns.

You'll read a daily dose of compassionate immigrant stories in your local paper. You'll see local politicians will soon have Latino names too.... so we'll know who they represent.

You've surely heard of our Mayor, Antonio Villaraigosa.
Mary

Apache Junction, AZ

#12 Mar 16, 2010
albertville wrote:
<quoted text>
First off you apparently don't know what you're talking about, so maybe you dont need to comment.? This is about legal and illegal, and this man was asked to come in by the Albertville City officials. It has nothing to do with race, im so sick of hearing that from people. So maybe you mind your own buisness, unless you are from albertville..?
I agree with u totally and am proud to be mexican -american and pround of my roots but u know what they r fools that that surely raised bny ignorant parent them racist sob's!!!
Mary

Apache Junction, AZ

#13 Mar 16, 2010
Sick of the Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what needs to happen is that the Mayor and the City of Albertville needs to realize all the Revenue the Poultry Industry bring into this community. And that all that would be left if they were to leave would be trashy trailer parks, used car lots and a downtown that is now completely empty..
idiot they r illegals they can not get on welfare dumb ass they ones that r on welfare r whites and blacks !!!!! don't get confused
MadMommy

Pearl City, HI

#14 Mar 16, 2010
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
idiot they r illegals they can not get on welfare dumb **** they ones that r on welfare r whites and blacks !!!!! don't get confused
Mary, I'm afraid you're mistaken...
Illegal immigrants often come across the border pregnant and have an anchor baby totally paid for by the state. California provides full prenatal care for pregnant illegal immigrant mothers to be. Then the baby gets all the benefits of citizenship. The illegal immigrant families can survive on the little citizens benefits.... Once they understand the system, they have more babies which equals more money.... so they choose to have a whole lot of babies.

You are confused if you think illegal immigrants aren't getting Welfare, food stamps, housing subsidies, education and healthcare, all at the expense of the American taxpayer. California representatives estimate over 9 BILLION dollars per year goes to illegal immigrants and their offspring.

Welcome to the third world, it's coming your way.
cityisajoke

Calhoun, TN

#15 Mar 16, 2010
the leaders for the city of albertville are really a joke.....anyone that wants to pull the business license of the 3 companies that keep the city running is not very smart....if the city barely can survive imagine the city trying to make it without all of this money from these big companies
MadMommy

Pearl City, HI

#16 Mar 16, 2010
cityisajoke wrote:
the leaders for the city of albertville are really a joke.....anyone that wants to pull the business license of the 3 companies that keep the city running is not very smart....if the city barely can survive imagine the city trying to make it without all of this money from these big companies
They won't leave if they have an incentive to stay and follow the laws instead of hiring illegal workers and cutting their payroll. A few hefty fines and incentives to hire citizens is all it takes. A level playing field for all businesses and fairness will return to the workplace.
anonymous

Collierville, TN

#17 Mar 16, 2010
This is true, but I would like to point out that the Americans(being mostly the white and black people) do not want to work in this type of field. Companies are to blame as well because they like good work and dont want to pay alot. An illegal immagrant will not fuse about health insurance, raises, and paid vacations. And that means less money a company has to pay out. Most illegal immagrants do jobs others dont want to. Would you be in a wet freezer chopping up chicken for 8 hours a day 5days a week? Would you be willing to give up health insurance to provide for your family with out complaining?
just saying

New Hope, AL

#18 Mar 16, 2010
this has nothing to do with race and everything to do with rights. if the illegals were here legally, there wouldn't be a problem would there??? business would be hiring legit, city leaders couldn't complain. but no, they are not in this counry legally so they have no rights here.
Richard

Peoria, AZ

#19 Mar 16, 2010
If I'm a landlord, there's no way in heck that I'm going to allow that to happen. I'll be renting to the tenants that pay. That's as silly as demanding that grocers ask legal status of their customers before they sell to them... a paying customer is a paying customer and business is business.

Send that fool back home!

By the way, there's a reason that Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio is being investigated by the feds. I believe he and his Kobach policies will soon be getting the boot and possibly Arpaio will be indicted.

This is no secret - as the word is all over the news of a "Grand Jury Investigation" over these abuses.

Extremists don't have a clue on commerce and business. They should go to business school.
lawdog

Birmingham, AL

#20 Mar 16, 2010
Richard wrote:
If I'm a landlord, there's no way in heck that I'm going to allow that to happen. I'll be renting to the tenants that pay. That's as silly as demanding that grocers ask legal status of their customers before they sell to them... a paying customer is a paying customer and business is business.
Send that fool back home!
By the way, there's a reason that Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio is being investigated by the feds. I believe he and his Kobach policies will soon be getting the boot and possibly Arpaio will be indicted.
This is no secret - as the word is all over the news of a "Grand Jury Investigation" over these abuses.
Extremists don't have a clue on commerce and business. They should go to business school.
hey,if you haven't noticed,sheriff joe is making it work and the feel good liberals don't have an argument,that's why he is constantly being investigated,even though he usually wins!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albertville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Recruiter: Trucking industry "begging" for good... (Jun '12) Sat ThomasA 36
Court referral and color code (Jan '14) Dec 1 Mom 24
ThomasA is a dicksucker Nov 24 ThomasA 3
Am I a jerk? Nov 24 ThomasA 4
News Proposed City Ordinance Would Let Cops Disarm C... (Feb '13) Nov 23 Skynyrd 16
Amy Stewart (Feb '17) Nov 11 Tim 6
Former Dairy Queen employee sleeps with sister Nov '17 Boaz4life 3

Albertville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Albertville Mortgages