Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama in 2010?

Posted in the Albertville Forum

Comments (Page 10)

Showing posts 181 - 199 of199
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
ghost tree

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2010

knows wrote:
<quoted text> You know you better than I do. There may be multiple offenses that qualify you for hell but any others would just be overkill.
Your reply didn't answer any of the questions I asked. If you know the answers reply back to me.
Give me a Break

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2010

ghost tree wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any specific examples of how democrats are responsible for the demise of this great nation? What cases can you cite where a judge that was appointed by democrats didn't respect the law or the Constitution? Tell me examples of what liberal democrats have done that has attacked and destroyed anything decent and respectible.
Trust me on this one, if there is a Hell and I get sent there, it won't be for voting democrat!
Don't take on these indocrinated Southern Baptists. They are all the same. They are born and taught to believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy and God. Somewhere along the line, they barely have enough sense to realize that Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy are just childhood hoaxes taught to them by their parents so that they can have a little fun in their youth but, they never out-grow believing in god because no one ever tells them that this is just another hoax like the rest and they are too stupid to figure it out for themselves.
ghost tree

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2010

Judged:

Give me a Break wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't take on these indocrinated Southern Baptists. They are all the same. They are born and taught to believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy and God. Somewhere along the line, they barely have enough sense to realize that Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy are just childhood hoaxes taught to them by their parents so that they can have a little fun in their youth but, they never out-grow believing in god because no one ever tells them that this is just another hoax like the rest and they are too stupid to figure it out for themselves.
Southern Baptists aren't the way you described them. Each member is an individual. Generalizations aren't good for any discussion.
FastFred

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Judged:

ghost tree wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any specific examples of how democrats are responsible for the demise of this great nation? What cases can you cite where a judge that was appointed by democrats didn't respect the law or the Constitution? Tell me examples of what liberal democrats have done that has attacked and destroyed anything decent and respectable.
Trust me on this one, if there is a Hell and I get sent there, it won't be for voting democrat!
This is only one of several activists Judges appointment by Dems. Do you suppose she can abide by the Constitution ? Doesn't look like it,and our President agrees with her philosophy. Judge Sotomayor said she believes it is appropriate for judges to consider their "experiences as women and people of color" in their decision-making, which she believes should "affect our decisions."

This is identity politics at its worst and it has absolutely no business on the bench. For ask yourselves this question: What happens if you enter Judge Sotomayor's court room and you happen to be the "wrong" gender, race, or sexual orientation? Will you be granted a fair hearing? Our President has no respect for the Constitution,in his speeches he has left out "by our creator" many times which is a direct quote from the Constitution.Liberal Dems.rammed the health care law through against the people's wishes, it already is having adverse effects on the health care industry,items like this created and implemented by the Dems.lead to financial ruin of this Country.Things like the Dems. voted to give illegal immigrants social security yrs. ago,when they haven't paid a dime in to it. There's a whole lot of things that could be brought up that are to long to list,so don't make it sound like the Dems. are the party that is going to save us.
Give me a Break

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Judged:

"Our President has no respect for the Constitution,in his speeches he has left out "by our creator" many times which is a direct quote from the Constitution"

Well, if you believe that the Founding Fathers--in all of their wisdom, believed in the separation of church and State, then they should not have put "by our creator" into the Constitution. We need an amendment to the Constitution that either removes all mention of god from the Constitution or an amendment that nullifies the concept of separation of church and State.
FastFred

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Judged:

Give me a Break wrote:
"Our President has no respect for the Constitution,in his speeches he has left out "by our creator" many times which is a direct quote from the Constitution"
Well, if you believe that the Founding Fathers--in all of their wisdom, believed in the separation of church and State, then they should not have put "by our creator" into the Constitution. We need an amendment to the Constitution that either removes all mention of god from the Constitution or an amendment that nullifies the concept of separation of church and State.
I am for keeping God in all things.
Give me a Break

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Judged:

"I am for keeping God in all things."

Then you should move to Iran--they feel the same way.
Rex the Grinch

Laceys Spring, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

Umm Hey guys the election is over so you can stop posting on this topic. Just thought I would let you clueless people in on that secret. Oh yeah and Freemasons rule the world! Tubal-cain!
ghost tree

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

FastFred wrote:
<quoted text>This is only one of several activists Judges appointment by Dems. Do you suppose she can abide by the Constitution ? Doesn't look like it,and our President agrees with her philosophy. Judge Sotomayor said she believes it is appropriate for judges to consider their "experiences as women and people of color" in their decision-making, which she believes should "affect our decisions."
This is identity politics at its worst and it has absolutely no business on the bench. For ask yourselves this question: What happens if you enter Judge Sotomayor's court room and you happen to be the "wrong" gender, race, or sexual orientation? Will you be granted a fair hearing? Our President has no respect for the Constitution,in his speeches he has left out "by our creator" many times which is a direct quote from the Constitution.Liberal Dems.rammed the health care law through against the people's wishes, it already is having adverse effects on the health care industry,items like this created and implemented by the Dems.lead to financial ruin of this Country.Things like the Dems. voted to give illegal immigrants social security yrs. ago,when they haven't paid a dime in to it. There's a whole lot of things that could be brought up that are to long to list,so don't make it sound like the Dems. are the party that is going to save us.
Where do you get your information about current events? Are you aware that all senators and representatives receive government run health care? They receive the same kind of care that they don't want the average person to have.

Did you know that the health care bill won't go into effect until 2014?

What year did the Democratic party give illegal immigrants social security benefits? In order to receive social security benefits, a person must pay social security tax. That means that the employer issues a W2 form so that the person can file their 1040 form. You cannot receive social security benefits unless you have paid into the social security system. Anyone who has paid into the social security system has every right to receive those benefits when they retire or become unable to work.

FICA is the tax that is levied for unemployment insurance so that if a person loses his/her job, they can receive around $250 per week while they are actively looking for a job. A person must prove to the unemployment agency each week that they have actively looked for a job. Previously you could receive 13 weeks of benefits. Those benefits have been extended since so many people are having no luck in finding a job. The Republican party didn't want to extend those unemployment benefits. They did, however, want to extend the temporary tax cuts to the 2% of Americans who earn $250,000 and above. The Republicans wanted to end those unemployment benefits before this legislative session ends for the holidays. They wanted to be sure, however, that the 2% of the wealthiest Americans got their tax cuts extended before the legislative session ended for the holidays. It seems the Republicans care more for the wealthy Americans and less for the average Americans.
ghost tree

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

FastFred wrote:
<quoted text>This is only one of several activists Judges appointment by Dems. Do you suppose she can abide by the Constitution ? Doesn't look like it,and our President agrees with her philosophy. Judge Sotomayor said she believes it is appropriate for judges to consider their "experiences as women and people of color" in their decision-making, which she believes should "affect our decisions."
When did I say that the Democratic party is going to save us?
Give me a Break

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2010

ghost tree wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get your information about current events? Are you aware that all senators and representatives receive government run health care? They receive the same kind of care that they don't want the average person to have.
What year did the Democratic party give illegal immigrants social security benefits? In order to receive social security benefits, a person must pay social security tax. That means that the employer issues a W2 form so that the person can file their 1040 form. You cannot receive social security benefits unless you have paid into the social security system. Anyone who has paid into the social security system has every right to receive those benefits when they retire or become unable to work.
FICA is the tax that is levied for unemployment insurance so that if a person loses his/her job, they can receive around $250 per week while they are actively looking for a job. A person must prove to the unemployment agency each week that they have actively looked for a job. Previously you could receive 13 weeks of benefits. Those benefits have been extended since so many people are having no luck in finding a job. The Republican party didn't want to extend those unemployment benefits. They did, however, want to extend the temporary tax cuts to the 2% of Americans who earn $250,000 and above. The Republicans wanted to end those unemployment benefits before this legislative session ends for the holidays. They wanted to be sure, however, that the 2% of the wealthiest Americans got their tax cuts extended before the legislative session ended for the holidays. It seems the Republicans care more for the wealthy Americans and less for the average Americans.
I've said it before and I'll say it again--Fast Fred is a piece of work. Just ignore him. He is absolutely the dullest knife in the drawer. The next time he says anything that is true will be the 1st time.
FastFred

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2010

ghost tree wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't get the same Health Care our politicians get period.And you are singing the same old song about the Republicans I have heard a thousand times.Go a head and tax the people you call wealthy,than job creation will slow down and the end result will be more unemployment.This is just what Americans are screaming about,borrowing more money from China to extend benefits.
This was no more than the same old game they play,benefits would have been extended no matter what.Tell our President to get off his butt and create some work with the do nothing congress,well that will probably change now,some Republicans were voted back in as you see. The S.S. issue I mentioned did not belong in my posting.Spare me your wisdom,I am up to date on all.
Give me a Break

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2010

You know what they say about Fast Fred: 'Always in error, never in doubt.'
ghost tree

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2010

FastFred wrote:
<quoted text>You won't get the same Health Care our politicians get period.And you are singing the same old song about the Republicans I have heard a thousand times.Go a head and tax the people you call wealthy,than job creation will slow down and the end result will be more unemployment.This is just what Americans are screaming about,borrowing more money from China to extend benefits.
This was no more than the same old game they play,benefits would have been extended no matter what.Tell our President to get off his butt and create some work with the do nothing congress,well that will probably change now,some Republicans were voted back in as you see. The S.S. issue I mentioned did not belong in my posting.Spare me your wisdom,I am up to date on all.
Fast Fred, Calm down.
FastFred

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2010

Give me a Break wrote:
You know what they say about Fast Fred:'Always in error, never in doubt.'
You are a idiot you dumb A-- Yankee.
FastFred

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2010

ghost tree wrote:
<quoted text>
Fast Fred, Calm down.
You are probably right about this.
FastFred

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Obama Administration Quietly Grants More Health Care Waivers

Jamie Dupree
AJC
Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Click here to see the full list.

The Obama Administration has quietly granted even more waivers to one provision of the new federal health reform law, doubling the number in just the last three weeks to a new total of 222.

One of the more recognizable business names included on the newly-expanded list of waivers issued by the feds is that of Waffle House, which received a waiver on November 23 for health coverage that covers 3,947 enrollees.

Another familiar name was that of Universal Orlando, which runs a variety of very popular resorts in the Orlando, Florida area. Universal was given a waiver for plans that cover 668 workers.

These waivers deal with limited health benefit plans, sometimes referred to as “mini-med” policies, which companies as large as McDonald’s use for some its employees.

Full story here.

What’s really interesting about this list is that there are several HEALTH CARE companies on it. Why would a health care company want to opt out of such a wonderful health care bill?
FastFred

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

ghost tree

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

FastFred wrote:
Obama Administration Quietly Grants More Health Care Waivers
Jamie Dupree
AJC
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Click here to see the full list.
The Obama Administration has quietly granted even more waivers to one provision of the new federal health reform law, doubling the number in just the last three weeks to a new total of 222.
One of the more recognizable business names included on the newly-expanded list of waivers issued by the feds is that of Waffle House, which received a waiver on November 23 for health coverage that covers 3,947 enrollees.
Another familiar name was that of Universal Orlando, which runs a variety of very popular resorts in the Orlando, Florida area. Universal was given a waiver for plans that cover 668 workers.
These waivers deal with limited health benefit plans, sometimes referred to as “mini-med” policies, which companies as large as McDonald’s use for some its employees.
Full story here.
What’s really interesting about this list is that there are several HEALTH CARE companies on it. Why would a health care company want to opt out of such a wonderful health care bill?
Money, pure and simple. Health care companies are in the business to make money.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 181 - 199 of199
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Albertville Discussions

Search the Albertville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Another meth arrest. Tom crane Thu Flo_knows 1
Son of Ala mayor, reality personality dies Apr 12 Ron 1
Bud beam Apr 7 Concerned family 1
Man's Body Found, Wife Charged With Murder (May '10) Apr 4 fly on the wall 86
Dead pit bull transported in plain view by anim... Mar 29 ThomasA 1
DeKalb County authorities on scene of shooting ... Mar 21 dysyphur 1
bass masters Mar '14 ThomasA 3
•••
•••