One killed, four injured after drunk ...

One killed, four injured after drunk driver hit vehicle in Levi...

There are 580 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 11, 2007, titled One killed, four injured after drunk driver hit vehicle in Levi.... In it, Newsday reports that:

One woman was killed and four others were injured in Levittown when a drunk driver plowed into their vehicle early Sunday, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 29
Next Last
over a month

Bronx, NY

#705 Dec 8, 2007
leave sophie and the families alone....it is now over a month the incident happened
lee

Auburn, AL

#706 Dec 8, 2007
And what about the victims; NO, she doesn't get off that easy.!!!!!!!!!
wordygurdy

Brooklyn, NY

#707 Dec 9, 2007
over a month wrote:
leave sophie and the families alone....it is now over a month the incident happened
...and?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#708 Dec 10, 2007
Maybe my son would be alive,
maybe alot of things shouldn't happen
maybe crimes shouldn't be made
MAYBE PEOPLE JUST DON'T CARE
Definately they made a choice
Definately they should go to jail
Definately the laws need to change
THE REAL TERRORISTS IN OUR COUNTRY ARE DRUNK DRIVERS killing innocent people
Maybe that the truth
mark

Plymouth, UK

#709 Dec 10, 2007
If my opinion counts, how about a built in breathaliser, it would be simple, built into the dash of a car, what you have to do is breath into it, if it fails the car simply doesnt start,if your clear away you go.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#710 Dec 11, 2007
Maybe my son does too, but its not possible so why does she get one?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#711 Dec 11, 2007
we already have that in NY Mark (good idea)
A Family Member

Mahwah, NJ

#712 Dec 21, 2007
over a month wrote:
leave sophie and the families alone....it is now over a month the incident happened
This woman has crushed so many people's lives. Our families and hers, except, it appears, for her Father, Jose Santos, who has yet to ever show up to court and doesn't seem to care.(This isn't even reported in the news - he was supposed to be on his way from Chile or Florida since November). Hey Jose, be a man and be there your daughter. I am proud to say I am a part of Gina Casazza Urgo's family. We are a close family, we love each other and we're there for each other. That's why there was such a turn out in court the other day. We sat in court, quiet and respectful as we continue to mourn. I have seen so many of our children destroyed by this and left feeling all alone this past Thanksgiving and now for Christmas. My son cries everyday, I cry everyday and my wife cries everyday. One of the daughters had to take an incomplete in her last semester of college. My own son went from high school honor role to failing class. The teachers don't even seem to care. "It's over a month now." HOW DARE YOU! We don't hate, but we want justice to take place and for our children to heal, then maybe the rest of us can heal.
A Family Member

Mahwah, NJ

#713 Dec 21, 2007
just somebody wrote:
llbbb, you're absolutely rediculous. I swear to God, this girl straight up calls her friend stupid for what she did, and you're still giving her shit, all because you disagree with the length of the grieving period she mentioned. Give it up! I can only imagine how bitter you must be in real life; enough to actually pick a fight with someone who is obviously upset about what her friend did.
You're not the only one with an opinion! Holy shit. It's really frightening how insensitive you and a few other people in here are to everybody who just so happens to know Sophia and simply wants to let people know that this is something that can happen to ANYONE, not just a sloppy drunk low life, because that is NOT what Sophia is, regardless of what you're ignorant self thinks.
And I'll continue to refer to this as a mistake, so you might as well stop telling me not to do so, because in my eyes something that somebody does in in altered state of mind is a mistake. And yeah, blah blah blah, she knew what she was getting herself into before she started drinking in the first place, but not really, because if the girl was thinking she wouldn't have gotten in the car. And maybe, just maybe if somebody was there to stop her, things would have ended up differently.
AND before you go attacking what I just said, NO, I'm not saying it was totally out of her hands. But I can't sit here and say it's all her fault. Granted, when looking at the bigger picture it was; she was behind the wheel. She killed the innocent woman. But anyone who has ever been drunk knows THEY ARE NOT THINKING RATIONALLY! When a person is that wasted, they don't have the sense to stop and think, "Hey, maybe I shouldn't drive home. I'm really not okay to." I mean come on, if this were the case far less people would be getting into drunk driving accidents.
And now I'm going to predict that the response to this is going to be, "Oh my God, you piece of shit, how can you say this wasn't her fault, blah blah blah blah....", something along those lines, because nobody knows how to read.
It's easy to be such a "good and loyal friend" to Sophia from your computer. Where were you at court on Thursday. I didn't see you. All I saw were four woman there for Sophia, who I actually feel sorry for (they did nothing wrong). Everyone else in the courtroom was with the Casazza-Urgo/Chapman Families. Sophia's own father, Jose Santos, has yet to show up for a single court date. When the going gets tough, that's when peoples true colors show through. Good job Jose.
Darlene Kovarik

Bedminster, NJ

#714 Mar 5, 2008
Charlene Kovarik Ackerly wrote:
To My Dear Friends Family:
I was a neighbor on Chaester Road. Gina was the beautiful lady across the street with the raven black hair whom I thought was so beautiful, she used to let me play make up and I thought she was so pretty I wanted to be just like her. In recent years she was one of my mothers, Darlene Kovarik, few friends who visited her in the nursing home. She has Alzheimer's and Gina went to see her every 2 or 3 weeks. Gina has been to my home several times and she was such a kind a gentle spirit. A true beauty inside and out. I know she went straight to heaven because she already had those angel wings. I will miss her and most of all my Mom will. I don't have the heart to tell my Mom her friend is dead, she wouldn't understand why her wonderful friend can't see her any more. I hope the person who took this wonderful human being from us is punished. All my love to my old neighbors, I'm so very sad for the loss of a truly wonderful lady. Love you always.
Charlene
BLA BLA BLA
Darlene Kovarik

Bedminster, NJ

#715 Mar 5, 2008
To Charlene
BLA BLA BLAH
Jesse

Passaic, NJ

#716 Mar 7, 2008
wow .. well yea nice finish on all this, i think the only person who was still being a dumbass .. yea i agree in 15 years sophia will be out of jail living her life, knowing what she did and still being sorry for it, and lee will be dead for being
an idiot to the wrong person. lee, people as stupid as you shouldnt have the right to live.
Jesse

Passaic, NJ

#717 Mar 7, 2008
the only person who was still being a dumbass is lee*
curious1

Baldwin, NY

#718 May 9, 2008
has sophia been proven guilty
any updates on this case, guys???
someone who isnt stupid

Passaic, NJ

#719 Jan 7, 2009
she got 3 to 9, shell probably get out in around two years. the car wasn't hers, it belonged to her dad's current wife. lee is and always will be an ignorant piece of white trash from alabama that has nothing better to do than blame minorities for all of his problems (that actually arent his problems, but being a stupid redneck he just has to jump for the opportunity to criticize anyone who isn't white) and it wasn't murder, it was vehicular manslaughter. even though she never should have gotten behind the wheel, she didn't have intent to kill anybody. im aware that she should have known the possible consequences when she did this. she clearly wasn't in her proper state of mind and made a stupid decision which she will have to pay for and live with for the rest of her life
someone who isnt stupid

Passaic, NJ

#720 Jan 7, 2009
lee wrote:
<quoted text>
You can bring up all the examples of names if you want, but at the end of the day, not only do illegals, and yes, Mexicans, Latinos, Guadamaulans, whatever encourages gangs violence that kills, rob, and bring our school systems down to it's knees, academically and socially speaking, ruin our neighborhoods, so when you question us about names you remember what I said.
COMPRENDO !!!!!!!!!!
neighborhoods? dont you mean trailer parks? and before you complain about minorities crippling your beloved schooling system, how about you go get an education so next time you try to argue a point you end up doing something other than looking like the scum of the earth
someone who isnt stupid

Passaic, NJ

#721 Jan 7, 2009
and also, no, no comprendo.
that made no sense.
focus on getting the english part right before you try to incorporate spanish.
Screaming to the Masses

Passaic, NJ

#722 Jan 7, 2009
are people really calling her out on her race? are we not mature? because she HAPPENS to be Spanish, she's a terrible person there it is of course that's it. and as if that werent bad enough this seems to be a place where people can voice their racism and think they can get away with it and no you cant. yes freedom of speech but not like this. Sophia Santos was wrong for driving drunk, but I'm pretty sure that when you drink, you loose the ability to function properly. I only know Sophia through a friend, and she sounded like a nice person and I'm sure she is, but she made a mistake, and I'm not going to excuse just how BIG THE MISTAKE WAS. its clear to all that yes, a woman was killed but not murdered intentionally. lets think, yeah, here was Sophia's plan, get drunk, drive, and go out of her way in her drunken dismay and kill someone. No. She was drunk, took her FRIEND'S keys and drove,(not too smart on her part) but again if your gonna blame her RACE on what she did, your not the people you make yourselves out to be. this "Lee" guy sounds like nothing more than common white trash, which is just simply disgusting.
she's simply a person like you or I who made, again, a BIG mistake by getting in a car while intoxicated. you people need to get your facts straight before you want to criticize. I send my sincere and honest condolences to the family that was affected by this horrific accident.
Sophia is learning her lesson, and I'm sure she learned it already. I also send my condolences to the Santos family who is getting unnecessary threats and what have you because of something that was out of their hands.
lets think people, lets get our facts straight and than talk.
with love,
Someone who isn't stupid either
Not Compassionate

Stony Brook, NY

#723 Jan 7, 2009
Driving while under the influence should be a crime punishable by time! It is murder if you kill someone, attempted murder if you maim someone. Until that is the law, the victim's families suffer.
Screaming to the masses

Passaic, NJ

#724 Jan 7, 2009
of course the victim's family will suffer, they're the VICTIM. She made a mistake, and she is being punished, she's in jail. and I don't want to sound selfish or a bad person but Sophia's family is suffering as well know what she's done causes pain for both sides.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 29
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albertson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News stabbing victim identified - (Nov '07) 22 hr FreeAgg 823
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Franklin Square (Jun '15) Wed DonnaB 36
News In Huffington Post Column, Mayor Bramson Imagin... Wed 333stenbrian 1
Illegal Apartments In Levittown are Hurting Pro... Aug 23 Eager Beaver 6
News Special ed teacher arrested on porn charges (Feb '07) Aug 22 Justice for Victims 52
News SEA CLIFF: Paramedic arrested on child harm cha... (Jun '08) Aug 21 Greg 55
Ron Stein ems specialist (Jul '08) Aug 21 Greg 22

Albertson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Albertson Mortgages