Nassau GOP announces candidates for November elections

Full story: Newsday

The swine flu scare canceled the Nassau County Republican Convention Thursday night, but the party released the names of candidates expected to run for positions in the county's three towns in November anyway.
Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Jun 17, 2009
someone who cares

Belmar, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

Jon Paul from Carle Place is a great candidate. His history speaks for itself a man who's family has given to the community and has asked for nothing in return. Jon along with his family has belonged to either the Westbury FIre, Carle Place Fire and Carle Place Water. He brings new ideas to the table and with his back round in banking and giving back to the community he will bring change.

Vote Jon Paul Wicks November 2009
Dooche bag

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

never heard of Jon Paul. Queer name.
steve

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

will idiots ever vote the crooks in oyster bay out?
Richard S

New Castle, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

What "new" ideas does Paul bring to the table?

.... this should be good....

“2014 ! The Bar is Open !”

Since: Dec 07

a round for all

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

Judged:

Ed Burke wrote:
Names of Nassau Republicans for next election ... Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb !
Same-Old, Same-Old !
Another F'in Republican ??
Are You Insane ?
you're right Ed, what Nassau needs is more Democrats raising property taxes
4therecord

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

Kate Murray MUST GO!!!
Ed Burke

Coram, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
you're right Ed, what Nassau needs is more Democrats raising property taxes
After the Massive Property Tax Increases by 30 years of Republican Rule maybe the Democrats who were so unaccustomed to the idea thought it was a requirement to holding Political Office in Nassau County.

Who could blame them in light of the evidence that 30 years provided.

Do tax payers in Nassau Really want to go Back To The Future ?

They'd havta Be Nuts !

The Spend and Borrow Republicans ? Look what they did to the nation ? 30 years ago, Before Ronald Reagan the entire U.S. National Debt did NOT equal a Trillion Dollars ! Bush just Doubled it to 11 Trillion, and gave us his Bush Depression in the process.

Elect Another Republican ???

Are You Insane ?

“2014 ! The Bar is Open !”

Since: Dec 07

a round for all

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

Ed Burke wrote:
<quoted text>
After the Massive Property Tax Increases by 30 years of Republican Rule maybe the Democrats who were so unaccustomed to the idea thought it was a requirement to holding Political Office in Nassau County.
They'd havta Be Nuts !
The Spend and Borrow Republicans ? Look what they did to the nation ? 30 years ago, Before Ronald Reagan the entire U.S. National Debt did NOT equal a Trillion Dollars ! Bush just Doubled it to 11 Trillion, and gave us his Bush Depression in the process.
Are You Insane ?
right again Ed, elect a Democrat and raise it higher
Fact or Fiction

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

Ed Burke wrote:
<quoted text>
They'd havta Be Nuts !
Are You Insane ?
No Ed the Democrats are just accustomed to blaming it on the Republicans every time they raise taxes or add new fees. They are both guilty of stealing our money.
Fact or Fiction

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

4therecord wrote:
Kate Murray MUST GO!!!
They ALL must go.
do the bus stop here

Westbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

4therecord wrote:
Kate Murray MUST GO!!!
You mean that you are tired of her picture of her ugly self plastered all over nassau county too?
Ed Burke

Coram, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

Fact or Fiction wrote:
<quoted text>
No Ed the Democrats are just accustomed to blaming it on the Republicans
Only because they deserve it !

For 30 years of Exclusive Republican Rule with not a Democrat in sight the Republicans, with no help from Democrats, made Nassau County Real Estate Taxes "Balloon Up" like Rush Limbaugh at a Pie Eating Contest.

How was THAT the fault of a Democrat ?
Slippery Pete

Mineola, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

From a strictly fiscal perspective, I don't know how you can vote for a Democrat in Nassau County right now.

The Democratic controled Town of North Hempstead and the Democrat controlled County are both fiscal nightmares.

The Republican controlled Towns of Oyster Bay and Hempstead are in excellent shape.

And if another Democrat says, "but 8 years ago, Nassau County was on the brink of bankruptcy," I am gonna puke. Its been 8 years and all I've seen from Suozzi is higher property taxes, fees, and an energy tax. And I'll be damned if I ever saw an assessment on my house that wasn't at least 25% higher than the fair market value. Assessment is controlled by Democrats too.
Fact or Fiction

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

Ed Burke wrote:
<quoted text>
Only because they deserve it !
For 30 years of Exclusive Republican Rule with not a Democrat in sight the Republicans, with no help from Democrats, made Nassau County Real Estate Taxes "Balloon Up" like Rush Limbaugh at a Pie Eating Contest.
How was THAT the fault of a Democrat ?
Not because they deserve it, because the "Spend and Tax" Democrats find it easier to continue to blame them for their blunders today. This is the reason it will never change, because instead of fixing the problem they just keep pointing fingers. Im not denying the Republican nonsense of Spending more than you have, but the Democrats never seem to flinch when it comes to raising taxes or fees. They never look to fix the problem, they just cover it up with more taxes and fees.
Bottom line is Nassau is doomed no matter who is in control. Suffolk is not too far behind.
I think you know that until we clear all these pigs out of office (Both dems and repubs) we will continue to drown.
Fact or Fiction

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

Slippery Pete wrote:
From a strictly fiscal perspective, I don't know how you can vote for a Democrat in Nassau County right now.
The Democratic controled Town of North Hempstead and the Democrat controlled County are both fiscal nightmares.
The Republican controlled Towns of Oyster Bay and Hempstead are in excellent shape.
And if another Democrat says, "but 8 years ago, Nassau County was on the brink of bankruptcy," I am gonna puke. Its been 8 years and all I've seen from Suozzi is higher property taxes, fees, and an energy tax. And I'll be damned if I ever saw an assessment on my house that wasn't at least 25% higher than the fair market value. Assessment is controlled by Democrats too.
Forget Democrats and Republicans for a moment. Everything is controlled by these incompetent fools who year after year do nothing but dig the hole deeper. We all know the economy is down, so the county needs to do the same as a private company would do and find a way to cut costs. Not only layoffs, but get rid of some of the perks. All these fools do is threaten to layoff hundreds of workers but NEVER do we hear that they are cutting down on wasterful spending. Then they scream about the cost of the Police, and we all buy their nonsense. There is too much waste in this county and until its identified and cleaned up nothing will change.
A gay guy in Hicksville

Hempstead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2009

When the residents get over this idea that they can get something for nothing, and when the politians stop promising something for nothing, we'll be able to finally get something done.
TIme for a change

Fort Lee, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2009

Kaiman has proven to be completely ineffective, and possibly tainted.

He's gotta go, and a number of his council with him.
North Bellmore Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2009

I am thinking of running against Kate Murray. I am NOT a Republican, I am NOT a Democrat. I am a the Change. Let me give us ALL the voice we need.
Should I run?! Let me know if you are tired of the same old govt BS.
YES FINALLY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2009

Fact or Fiction wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget Democrats and Republicans for a moment. Everything is controlled by these incompetent fools who year after year do nothing but dig the hole deeper. We all know the economy is down, so the county needs to do the same as a private company would do and find a way to cut costs. Not only layoffs, but get rid of some of the perks. All these fools do is threaten to layoff hundreds of workers but NEVER do we hear that they are cutting down on wasterful spending. Then they scream about the cost of the Police, and we all buy their nonsense. There is too much waste in this county and until its identified and cleaned up nothing will change.
Truer words I could not have spoke. this is what is RIGHT!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Albertson News Video

•••
•••

Albertson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Albertson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE