Death penalty for killing police officers?

May 17, 2007 Full story: The Journal Times 52

Should Wisconsin do the same in the wake of a senseless shooting of a Kenosha deputy? From the Post-Standard in Syracuse, New York: GOP pushes death penalty for killing police officers Albany - Declaring it has ... via The Journal Times

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
bang bang piggywiggy

Berea, KY

#41 Aug 5, 2008
orttimer wrote:
What a pathetic, digusting and ignorant comment.
GOD BLESS all of our Law Enforcement, Firefighters and Military personnel out protecting our nation and country.
I don't expect the losers who frequent this forum to fall over in agreement, but I think people with the courage to shoot pigs are to be admired. They are the true military heroes of the revolution that isn't being televised.
Racine

Minneapolis, MN

#42 Jan 20, 2009
I lived in Racine for a long time, 15 years. I can't stand the way they pull people over for so-called "traffic violations". They hassle too many.

Most people I know think very little of the Racine and Racine County Sheriffs department and the way they operate, including myself.

Killing an officer should be no different then killing anyone else!
right on bitches

Zion, IL

#43 Jan 24, 2009
This persons status as a police officer should not have any bearing on how this person is prosecuted, he killed another human being, he should be convicted for that. A person who wants to become an officer of the law understands that at some point that may be shot at, its part of their job, if they do not understand this then they should not get involved in a position that would put them in harms way. The death penalty is dead for a reason.

“...in the Least!”

Since: Jan 09

Kenosha, WI

#44 Jan 26, 2009
What happened to Michael Bell was horrible, and I agree, more should have been done about it, but for the lot of you who feel that all cops should be shot, or that this case should be lumped in with or counted when talking about the shooting of Officer Fabiano, you are all pathetic! But, I am not surprised, in the least, when I see where some of you come from! Hick mentality! It makes me sick!

We do not wave the Rebel Flag up here, so why don't you just keep your neo-nazi, skin-head, inbred garbage to yourselves!!! Military Revolution? Don't make me vomit!

This guy was DRUNK, and obviously doing something suspicious or he would not have been getting pulled over. So, now the cops are not suppose to pull over DRUNK DRIVERS?! It wasn't Fabiano's fault that the guy had other, bigger things to hide! Or, that he was afraid of going back to prison, since he was already violating his parole! Yes, Fabiano knew when taking the job that it was "Risky," but, so what?! That means that all bets are off? That means that he's just "Open Game?"

And, why should there be a stiffer penalty for killing a cop, than for killing a civilian? Well, I'm not sure there SHOULD be, but, I think that I can understand WHY there is. It's unforgiveable for ANYONE to kill ANYONE ELSE, and they should definitely be punished for it. But, there's just something about a person taking open aim at a person of authority...a person who has been appointed to Serve and Protect the rest of us. My point is, if someone is ready and willing to shoot a cop, to mame him/her or kill them, well, there really isn't much hope for rehabilitating a person like that! Usually, anyone who is a "Cop-Killer," is the type to KILL AGAIN and AGAIN, without ANY REMORSE!

I'll tell you what, "Bang Bang," you just stay down there in your non-policed, NO-LAWS Hills, and I'll stay up here! I'm not sure why you would seek out an issue from up here, anyway, unless you search up anything you can about Cops, and Cop-killers, to give yourself a forum to SPEW HATE and SPREAD YOUR LIQUOR and/or POT-SOAKED-BRAIN MENTALITY!
Proud Republican

Mobile, AL

#45 Jan 26, 2009
asprosthanatos wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what that Mexican was doing with a gun in his vehicle. And neither should you. It's none of our business. You miss the POINT: Given the obscene number of "traffic" stops made (in Kenosha), on a percentage basis, a "police officer" is more likely to encounter a bad apple (the MORE STOPS HE MAKES). If he hadn't made the (NON FELONY) stop, he would be headed for Dunkin Donuts for a donut.
Here is a "cop" who made a "traffic" stop, where there had been NO CRIME committed. Now, he is dead. Did the "police officer" stop the Mexican, because the Mexican was a MEXICAN IN KENOSHA COUNTY WISCONSIN? We will never know, because the "cop" is dead. Wisconsin is a bizarre police state, where even Asians are an endangered group. I have noted they still "beat hell out of blacks" when they catch then in white areas. But, there are so many homosexual blacks up in Wisconsin, the whites sometimes forget about them. GOD SAVE AMERICA !!
The clue your missing here, is that if your driving within the law....you wont be stopped.
If you want to haul a$$ and get pulled over, either slow down or quit whining about it like your totally innocent.
I have driven that area for years and never once been pulled over.

“...in the Least!”

Kenosha, WI

#46 Jan 26, 2009
This is just more ignorance and/or "Hick Mentality!"

You do not have to be committed a felony for the cop to have a reason, a right, or a duty to pull you over! If you're speeding, the cop is suppose to pull you over! If you're driving wrecklessly, the cop is suppose to pull you over! If you're driving too far under the speed limit, the cop is suppose to pull you over!...Even driving too far under the limit can cause an accident! If you're tail-lights are out, you are to be pulled over. If you are driving the wrong way on a one-way street, you need to be pulled over!

While none of those things are felonies, they still require the officer to pull you over! I believe, though, btw, that this man was driving DRUNK!...VERY DRUNK! That IS, I believe, a Felony...but, I could be wrong!

As for having a gun in his car...if he just got out of prison, something tells me that he had NO RIGHT to have a gun in his possession!

I'm sure you think that there should not be any cops, asprosthanatos, and that we should all just own guns, and take care of our own, and go back to the way of the WILD WEST! You're an IDIOT!

Yes, he pulled the guy over because he was a Mexican in Kenosha County! That's REALLY an Assinine thing to think and/or say!

And just because a cop is pulling people over, when they DO commit any type of Traffic Violation, does not mean that they deserve to get shot!

This whole thread makes me want to vomit in disgust at the ignorance that many parents and communities have obviously instilled upon young, inbred, feeble minds!

“...in the Least!”

Kenosha, WI

#47 Jan 26, 2009
...oops..."committing " not "committed."
bang bang piggy wiggy

Berea, KY

#48 Feb 6, 2009
Not_Surprised wrote:
What happened to Michael Bell was horrible, and I agree, more should have been done about it, but for the lot of you who feel that all cops should be shot, or that this case should be lumped in with or counted when talking about the shooting of Officer Fabiano, you are all pathetic! But, I am not surprised, in the least, when I see where some of you come from! Hick mentality! It makes me sick!
We do not wave the Rebel Flag up here, so why don't you just keep your neo-nazi, skin-head, inbred garbage to yourselves!!! Military Revolution? Don't make me vomit!
This guy was DRUNK, and obviously doing something suspicious or he would not have been getting pulled over. So, now the cops are not suppose to pull over DRUNK DRIVERS?! It wasn't Fabiano's fault that the guy had other, bigger things to hide! Or, that he was afraid of going back to prison, since he was already violating his parole! Yes, Fabiano knew when taking the job that it was "Risky," but, so what?! That means that all bets are off? That means that he's just "Open Game?"
And, why should there be a stiffer penalty for killing a cop, than for killing a civilian? Well, I'm not sure there SHOULD be, but, I think that I can understand WHY there is. It's unforgiveable for ANYONE to kill ANYONE ELSE, and they should definitely be punished for it. But, there's just something about a person taking open aim at a person of authority...a person who has been appointed to Serve and Protect the rest of us. My point is, if someone is ready and willing to shoot a cop, to mame him/her or kill them, well, there really isn't much hope for rehabilitating a person like that! Usually, anyone who is a "Cop-Killer," is the type to KILL AGAIN and AGAIN, without ANY REMORSE!
I'll tell you what, "Bang Bang," you just stay down there in your non-policed, NO-LAWS Hills, and I'll stay up here! I'm not sure why you would seek out an issue from up here, anyway, unless you search up anything you can about Cops, and Cop-killers, to give yourself a forum to SPEW HATE and SPREAD YOUR LIQUOR and/or POT-SOAKED-BRAIN MENTALITY!
I don't wave the rebel flag down here either so keep your regionalist stereotypes to yourself. I fly the red and black flag of anarchism, revolution, and the revolutionary international working class. My polics are anti-racist, anti-imperialist, anti-capitalist and in solidarity with the New Afrikan, First Nations, and Aztlan liberation movements. Think Weather Underground or Black Liberation Army. Google them if you remain clueless. No to the KKK and no to a fascist USA!

Now that you stand corrected, are their any other murderous pigs up your way that you seek to grovel before?

“...in the Least!”

Kenosha, WI

#49 Feb 7, 2009
Hey Bang Bang,

I'm so glad that you have the ability to hit a few keys and AGREE with YOURSELF! You actually seem very IMMATURE, IGNORANT, AND EXTREMELY HATEFUL!

Maybe there's another place on this Earth where you'd be happier. Because, in these United States, you will NEVER live in a SOCIETY where there are NO LAWS, NO COPS, NO JUDGES, AND NO JAILS/PRISONS!

Is it really THAT HARD to just freaking OBEY THE LAW???

Yes, I'm thinking "UNDERGROUND" Bang Bang, because you'll be there permanently, and soon, if you don't WISE UP, GROW UP, and FIND PEACE WITHIN YOURSELF AND WITHIN THE SOCIETY WHICH IS AROUND YOU, INCLUDING THE LAW!

And just for the record...I DO NOT GROVEL BEFORE ANYBODY! I just KNOW that there are some "BAD COPS," out there, and I also know that there are MORE GOOD ONES THAN BAD ONES! THESE PEOPLE RISK THEIR LIVES FOR US EVERY SINGLE DAY, EVEN ON THEIR DAYS "OFF!" THAT TAKES COURAGE, STRENGTH, AND PRIDE!

I doubt YOU know what ANY of that means! You may "think" you have those things, but, your's is FALSE, and you use it for HATEFUL REASONS!

I do not wish to engage any further in your IGNORANCE, HATE, TERRORISM, or TREACHERY!

You're RIDICULOUS, and I'm sure that you are nothing but an EMBARRASSMENT to your race! PATHETIC!
bang bang piggy wiggy

Berea, KY

#50 Feb 8, 2009
Not_Surprised wrote:
Hey Bang Bang,
I'm so glad that you have the ability to hit a few keys and AGREE with YOURSELF! You actually seem very IMMATURE, IGNORANT, AND EXTREMELY HATEFUL!
Maybe there's another place on this Earth where you'd be happier. Because, in these United States, you will NEVER live in a SOCIETY where there are NO LAWS, NO COPS, NO JUDGES, AND NO JAILS/PRISONS!
Is it really THAT HARD to just freaking OBEY THE LAW???
Yes, I'm thinking "UNDERGROUND" Bang Bang, because you'll be there permanently, and soon, if you don't WISE UP, GROW UP, and FIND PEACE WITHIN YOURSELF AND WITHIN THE SOCIETY WHICH IS AROUND YOU, INCLUDING THE LAW!
And just for the record...I DO NOT GROVEL BEFORE ANYBODY! I just KNOW that there are some "BAD COPS," out there, and I also know that there are MORE GOOD ONES THAN BAD ONES! THESE PEOPLE RISK THEIR LIVES FOR US EVERY SINGLE DAY, EVEN ON THEIR DAYS "OFF!" THAT TAKES COURAGE, STRENGTH, AND PRIDE!
I doubt YOU know what ANY of that means! You may "think" you have those things, but, your's is FALSE, and you use it for HATEFUL REASONS!
I do not wish to engage any further in your IGNORANCE, HATE, TERRORISM, or TREACHERY!
You're RIDICULOUS, and I'm sure that you are nothing but an EMBARRASSMENT to your race! PATHETIC!
You are a typical Topix bottomfeeder of the type previously referenced. Intellectually and verbally, I could skin you alive, but you aren't worth the words. You are shouting into your void and projecting your own self-image in my direction, which in the end makes you more pathetic than laughable. Nevertheless, you've been good for a few cheap kicks and giggles, and for that I think you. Now go eat some cheese or shovel some snow and leave serious matters for serious people.
Connie

Oak Harbor, WA

#51 Jun 4, 2011
Kenosha wrote:
This persons status as a police officer should not have any bearing on how this person is prosecuted, he killed another human being, he should be convicted for that. A person who wants to become an officer of the law understands that at some point that may be shot at, its part of their job, if they do not understand this then they should not get involved in a position that would put them in harms way. The death penalty is dead for a reason.
Hmmm you have not heard the statistics on how many are put to death in Texas then. The death penalty there is alive and running at high speed
Assoc of America

London, UK

#52 Nov 21, 2013
Do it! Always have that penalty for anyone that does that crime. Always!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stop Loud Harley's (Jan '09) Dec 7 Eric 201
Green County man arrested for sexual assault Nov '14 concerned juda pa... 1
Albany sucks (May '06) Oct '14 Thorbanski 29
Brodhead Music Thread (May '12) Sep '14 Musikologist 13
any women lonely?? (Nov '11) Nov '11 Mr Plow7 1
Debate: Nuclear Power - Albany, WI (Mar '11) Mar '11 eric 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Wisconsin ... (Oct '10) Nov '10 vet 23
Albany Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web