Death penalty for killing police officers?

May 17, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Journal Times

Should Wisconsin do the same in the wake of a senseless shooting of a Kenosha deputy? From the Post-Standard in Syracuse, New York: GOP pushes death penalty for killing police officers Albany - Declaring it has ... via The Journal Times

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of52
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
asprosthanatos

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2007

Judged:

The elimination of the Sheriff's deputy by a Kenosha citizen was merely a manisfestation of citizenry frustration with the obscene number of "traffic" stops made by Kenosha, Racine, and Milwaukee County cops. Take a trip up I-94 between the Illinois border and Milwaukee, if you want to see how they operate. Those three counties are a police state.

The death penalty has been largely abandoned by civilized nations.
orttimer

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2007

Judged:

What a pathetic, digusting and ignorant comment.

GOD BLESS all of our Law Enforcement, Firefighters and Military personnel out protecting our nation and country.
Kenosha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2007

Judged:

This persons status as a police officer should not have any bearing on how this person is prosecuted, he killed another human being, he should be convicted for that. A person who wants to become an officer of the law understands that at some point that may be shot at, its part of their job, if they do not understand this then they should not get involved in a position that would put them in harms way. The death penalty is dead for a reason.
Aruba

O Fallon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2007

Was the shooter a Mexican illegal who was just let out of jail?
Kenosha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2007

That has not yet been determined he did have multiple identities and multiple social security numbers. We do have our share of illegals in the area.
Robison

Neillsville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2007

Just because there are multiple stops doesn't give anyone the right to shoot another human being! That was the stupidest excuse I've ever heard!!! Do what you're supposed to be doing and the police will leave you alone, simple as that!!! That awfull person will burn in hell like he deserves!
stephanie moore

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2007

in respone to the idiot from chicago reaming the police department please answer this question-what was this so-called "citizen" doing riding around with a loaded pistol at night???!!! Im sure he was going to midnight mass, right? PLEASE post your address so the police never respond to a call at your house, you ignorant fool. How can anyone attemt to defend this unremorseful fool who has deprived a little girl from growing up with her dad!!!!!!!!!! My heart goes out to officer Fabianos family and fellow officers.
stephanie moore

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2007

in addition , I feel an acceptable punishment for this COWARD would be to let his fellow officers have at him!!!!!!!!!
fife

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2007

The above "citizen" from my understanding, has a rap sheet as long as the man from Chicago's name. Unfortunately we don't even really know if Mr. Lopez is this man's identity. The criminals seem to be the first to bash the police for doing the job , we as honest taxpaying citizens, pay them to do. Eliminationin your words, is murder.
asprosthanatos

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2007

Robison wrote:
Just because there are multiple stops doesn't give anyone the right to shoot another human being! That was the stupidest excuse I've ever heard!!! Do what you're supposed to be doing and the police will leave you alone, simple as that!!! That awfull person will burn in hell like he deserves!
You live in a fairy book world. You don't know squat about Milwaukee, Racine, nor Kenosha counties. If you did, you would know, they have longstanding reputations for being overly aggressive in making so-called traffic stops. They make so many of those stops it is not "law enforcement". It is plain, outright harrassment of citizens. Wisconsin is a police state.
columbo

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2007

mr.manifestation! please do all of us a favor,don't ever call the police for help, since you think elimination is ok. If someone shoots at you,take it like a man,you probally stopped someone for no reason and talked to him,so,let the chips faii where they may! If you get shot at, that's your fault,handle it,thug,that,s what you sound like man !!!!!
asprosthanatos

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2007

stephanie moore wrote:
in respone to the idiot from chicago reaming the police department please answer this question-what was this so-called "citizen" doing riding around with a loaded pistol at night???!!! Im sure he was going to midnight mass, right? PLEASE post your address so the police never respond to a call at your house, you ignorant fool. How can anyone attemt to defend this unremorseful fool who has deprived a little girl from growing up with her dad!!!!!!!!!! My heart goes out to officer Fabianos family and fellow officers.
I don't care what that Mexican was doing with a gun in his vehicle. And neither should you. It's none of our business. You miss the POINT: Given the obscene number of "traffic" stops made (in Kenosha), on a percentage basis, a "police officer" is more likely to encounter a bad apple (the MORE STOPS HE MAKES). If he hadn't made the (NON FELONY) stop, he would be headed for Dunkin Donuts for a donut.

Here is a "cop" who made a "traffic" stop, where there had been NO CRIME committed. Now, he is dead. Did the "police officer" stop the Mexican, because the Mexican was a MEXICAN IN KENOSHA COUNTY WISCONSIN? We will never know, because the "cop" is dead. Wisconsin is a bizarre police state, where even Asians are an endangered group. I have noted they still "beat hell out of blacks" when they catch then in white areas. But, there are so many homosexual blacks up in Wisconsin, the whites sometimes forget about them. GOD SAVE AMERICA !!
fife

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2007

I live in the midst of this area dear sir, Our crime rates are rising due to the slime of illinois oozing in to our communities. I do not fear the police because I do not have a guilty conscience. I would like to know who you are going to call when a Mr. Lopez points the gun in your face. Maybe your mother will help you defend yourself with a broom or stick. Mr lopez was not and never will be a upstanding citizen in my opinion. I am sure Mr. Lopez was just minding his own business when he shot this decorated officer in the head and ran. Mr Lopez is welcome to live with you in chicago so I don't have to pay to house this piece of trash for life.
nurse b

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2007

asprosthanatos wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what that Mexican was doing with a gun in his vehicle. And neither should you. It's none of our business. You miss the POINT: Given the obscene number of "traffic" stops made (in Kenosha), on a percentage basis, a "police officer" is more likely to encounter a bad apple (the MORE STOPS HE MAKES). If he hadn't made the (NON FELONY) stop, he would be headed for Dunkin Donuts for a donut.
Here is a "cop" who made a "traffic" stop, where there had been NO CRIME committed. Now, he is dead. Did the "police officer" stop the Mexican, because the Mexican was a MEXICAN IN KENOSHA COUNTY WISCONSIN? We will never know, because the "cop" is dead. Wisconsin is a bizarre police state, where even Asians are an endangered group. I have noted they still "beat hell out of blacks" when they catch then in white areas. But, there are so many homosexual blacks up in Wisconsin, the whites sometimes forget about them. GOD SAVE AMERICA !!
It is apalling that this year 2 men have come out firing at the police after being pulled over for traffic violations/broken tailights. Have you ever thought what the police stopped them from doing - who were they going to meet with the guns they fired? How many lives were saved? Perhaps it was the gunman's. Traffic stops, as stupid as they may seem at the time, are done to prevent harm and protect
citizens. I find that the people who do the most complaining about the police ususally have something to hide. Someday, some officer may not pull someone over for minor infraction, and that person may come and rob someone in your family and do them harm. Then you'd be complaing about the police not doing their job.
fife

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2007

If you ask me, the police and sheriff dept's don't stop enough jerks out there, I've been stopped for making mistakes as we all do, and have been treated KINDLY!!!! I hope this does not deter any officer from arresting/stopping any suspicious characters. I feel these same officers did a wonderful job apprehending this murderer.He's off the streets and unfortunately a good man lost his life for the good of our community GOD BLESS YOU officer Fabiano and all of the kenosha cty sheriffs and police officers. keep up the good work.
MARIE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2007

DOES THIS MANS RACE REALLY NEED TO BE BROUGHT UP!! IF IT WERE A WHITE MAN DO YOU THINK THAT THERE WOULD BE SUCH A BACKLASH??
Kenosha

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2007

It appears that the Chicago author has a problem with the amount of traffic stops in Kenosha County. Maybe if all the people comming from Illinois for the weekends and the residents of WI would obey the speed limits there would not be so many traffic stops. Deputy Fabiano was just doing his job and stopping someone for a tail lite out, trying to prevent a possible future accident. This individual shot him for no apparent reason, leading me to believe he was looking for trouble that night or was enroute to commit a crime. This type of incident happens nationwide more than the public realizes. And yes, if the perpetrator was white, black or orential there would still be feelings of outrage over this murder. Besides killing a deputy sheriff this man killed another human and he should be punished for his criminal actions. I will be praying for Deputy Fabiano and his family along with all the men and women that make up Kenosha Sheriffs Department.
Jaboom

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2007

The stop would have been a felony stop. The coward had a handgun which I believe is a felony for a "FELON" to possess. Officer Fabiano did prevent someone else from being hurt. This jag would have injured or killed someone. His history of violent crime is evidence to that. His race has nothing to do with any of this. The only people who have to fear law enforcement in Wisconsin are those who break the law. I want more cops making more stops with severe penalties for criminals.
Aruba

O Fallon, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2007

In Missouri cop killers and child killers usually get the death sentence. I know alot of people are not in favor of this but we don't lose sleep on these people but the amount of money spent on appeals is just so expensive. The threat of the death sentence sometimes eliminates the need of a trial and they will take life without parole or they will tell where other bodies are to avoid it. In the case of cops it just may make them think twice before they kill one.
columbo

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2007

The cops can stop whomever they want man!!!!!It's the law buddy boy!!!Who would have 2 words good to say about this guy? He was on probation, No guns,no drugs, no drinking, Maybe P&P should of sent him to immigration for no legal status!!!They are all overworked because of people like him, called no good folks,(felons) He also beat his wife, Lovely guy, wake up you all!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of52
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Albany Discussions

Search the Albany Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WI Who do you support for Governor in Wisconsin in... (Oct '10) 18 hr TrueWords 6,984
WI Wisconsin Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Mon selfridge 451
WI Who do you support for Attorney General in Wisc... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Judge 88
Stop Loud Harley's (Jan '09) May '14 Dawn 194
Brodhead Music Thread (May '12) May '14 Musikologist 12
WI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in W... (Oct '10) Apr '14 Tealiban faschists 45
WI Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Wisconsin... (Oct '10) Mar '14 MERCER SCHOOL FACTS 2,233
•••
•••
•••
•••

Albany Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Albany People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••