Liberals would raise Social Security ...

Liberals would raise Social Security tax for rich

There are 14 comments on the Seattle Post-Intelligencer story from Sep 14, 2011, titled Liberals would raise Social Security tax for rich. In it, Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports that:

In this Friday, May 9, 2008 file photo, Democratic presidential hopeful, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., right, shares a smile with Oregon Rep.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Seattle Post-Intelligencer.

bailout my duck

Medinah, IL

#2 Sep 14, 2011
just dont give money to people that dont need it.just let them deduct what they arent using

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#3 Sep 14, 2011
Liberals would raise Social Security tax for rich? What else is new? Actually if class warfare liberal thieves desire to go after rich people then sooner or later they come after everyone.
Useful idiots who cheer taxing on thinking they'll receive a dime of tax bounty are only fooling themselves because you ain't gettin' sht.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#4 Sep 14, 2011
Centrists too.

The middle income group pays too much in taxes.
The wealthy pay too little.
The poor pay too little and have too little.
cjrian

United States

#5 Sep 14, 2011
When has the Left ever heard of a tax they didn't like? Libs would boost taxes to 100% of all income, if they could.
Hooper

Dover, DE

#6 Sep 14, 2011
cjrian wrote:
When has the Left ever heard of a tax they didn't like? Libs would boost taxes to 100% of all income, if they could.
To be fair, the republicans are trying to raise the payroll tax.
Provocateur

San Francisco, CA

#10 Sep 14, 2011
Democrat - willing to help those who need it.
Republican - willing to help only those who don't need it.
Harry Truman

Wartime III

“Operation GTFO Advocate”

Since: Jul 11

Kenyan-Bound Commie Blubber

#11 Sep 14, 2011
Provocateur wrote:
Democrat - willing to help those who need it.
Republican - willing to help only those who don't need it.
Harry Truman
Sad sack, hapless, helpless, losers = You.

Willing to steal from Americans to fund your crack habit. And you need it.

Hairy Communist.

Wartime III

#12 Sep 14, 2011
Hooper wrote:
<quoted text>
To be fair, the republicans are trying to raise the payroll tax.
Wow.

Please prove that. Thanks.

Wartime III

#13 Sep 14, 2011
Mr_Bill wrote:
Centrists too.
Obviously the entire left are "centrists".

They kneel down behind their subversive kenyan communist messiah and plunge their faces directly into the center.

Is it any wonder that they're mostly brown?
Provocateur

San Francisco, CA

#14 Sep 15, 2011
• Exxon Mobile made billions in profits, and yet paid not one dime in federal income taxes in 2009.
• The 2005 energy bill had a little known provision, commonly called the Halliburton Loophole, which exempted natural gas drilling from the Clean Water Act. The result? Water so contaminated that you can light it on fire.
• Massey Energy was cited more than 2400 times for safety violations in their mines, but chose not to fix potentially lethal problems because watered-down penalties meant it was cheaper to simply keep paying the fines. This spring, 29 miners were killed in an underground explosion at a Massey mine in West Virginia.
• Michael Taylor was the FDA official who approved the use of Monsanto's Bovine Growth Hormone in dairy cows (even though it's banned in most countries and linked to cancer). After approving it, he left the FDA--to work for Monsanto. Until last year, when he moved back to the government--as President Obama's "Food Safety Czar." No joke.
• Internal Toyota documents outlines how the company was successful in limiting regulators actions in the recalls last year--saving themselves hundreds of million while the death toll continued to climb.
• GE and it's lobbyists - including 33 former government employees - have successfully lobbied Congress to override Defense Department requests to cancel a GE contract to work on a new engine for the strike fighter jet. GE will need $2.9 billion to finish the project.
• Top executives at 9 top banks including Citibank, Bank of America, Goldman Sachs, and Morgan Stanley paid themselves over $20 billion dollars in bonuses just weeks after tax payers bailed them out to the tune of 700 billion dollars.
• During the waning days of the Bush administration officials responded to a long-term lobbying campaign by pre-empting product liability lawsuits for dozens of whole industries. They bypassed congress entirely and rewrote rules ranging from seatbelt manufacturing regulations to prescription drug safety.
• Sunscreen manufacturers including Johnson & Johnson and Schering-Plough, in the interest of profits, are opposing an FDA proposal requiring full reporting on sunscreen labels. The New York Times just confirmed that current SPF ratings don't even measure sun rays that cause cancer.
• BP—a company with a record of 760 drilling safety and environmental violations—was granted safety waivers in order to operate the deepwater drilling rig that ultimately created the worst environmental disaster in US history.
Les Claypool

United States

#15 Sep 15, 2011
It was so cold out this morning I saw a Democrat put his hands in his own pockets.
TEA TURD WORLD

Raleigh, NC

#16 Sep 15, 2011
Oh Boy, did i dare come on a right wing portal and spread truth, free speech?? too bad!

tea turd utopia II:

...social security: tea turds don't need it, slash it, cancel it <---- give a tea turd a tax cut!

... medicare: tea turds have private insurance, don't need it, cancel it, slash it <---- give a tea turd a tax cut.

..... public schools: tea turd kids attend private schools, tea turds don't need them, layoff teachers, close the schools down <----- give a tea turd a tax cut.

......... public healthcare insurance exchanges?? tea turds don't need them, they have private insurance, real caddilac plans! <--- deny coverage, give a tea turd a tax cut!

on and on and on, <--- it's real, no end in sight

..........until beggars in the street ruin tea turds daily life <---- tea turd call to city hall, if there still is one, "do something about these beggars, my little tea turds can't drive outside my gated community in our rolls royce with a beggar coming up to us!!!!"

VOTE BETTER, A STRONG GOVERNMENT IS GOOD FOR THE MIDDLE!

the rich can take care of themselves BUSHY foolowers, no more tax cuts for rich freeloaders!!! In fact: raise taxes on the richest! Never vote for a tea turd!!!!
Provocateur

San Francisco, CA

#17 Sep 15, 2011
Wartime III wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad sack, hapless, helpless, losers = You.
Willing to steal from Americans to fund your crack habit. And you need it.
Hairy Communist.
Pardon me, but you've obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a damn.
Hooper

Dover, DE

#18 Sep 19, 2011
Sometimes you have to sacrifice for the good of the nation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Renting or buying from Kip Schoning? (Apr '06) Aug 31 Sunny 56
Anyone have a real estate story involving Kip S... (Jun '06) Aug '17 Maria 30
Kenny Gibson Jun '17 merril 2
News Woman Found Shot Dead In Oregon Was From Russia Apr '17 BB Board 1
New Linn arrests and mugshots (Mar '14) Feb '17 da da 5
Brandon Bandy (Nov '09) Jan '17 Sad 2
New Years Eve in Albany? (Dec '16) Dec '16 WHjr 1

Albany Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance