Mary Jo McGuire wins special election...

Mary Jo McGuire wins special election for Minnesota Senate

There are 116 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 12, 2011, titled Mary Jo McGuire wins special election for Minnesota Senate. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Former state Rep. Mary Jo McGuire handily won Tuesday's special election for the state Senate seat recently vacated by Ellen Anderson.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Aug 10

Saint Paul, MN

#104 Apr 13, 2011
Note to Self wrote:
Write congratulatory letter to Mary Jo McGuire. Great to hear that she is back in the Capitol.
No, it's not actually...
Bob the Bilderberger

Saint Paul, MN

#105 Apr 14, 2011
Cache wrote:
When a republic's citizens discover they can vote themselves paychecks it will cease to exist...dumbocrats and this big spending robber political hack lawyer has been buying votes with freebie checks for years. Criminals lose their vote when convicted and I believe we should institute the same rules for anyone who is getting a Freebie check from government...their vote must be suspended until they get off the dole...that will stop them voting themselves taxpayers money!
You're right, of course. What we have now is a classic case of conflict of interest. People voting for politicians who provide them with jobs and benefits who then spend that same taxpayer money to keep the politicians in office.
DRE

Saint Paul, MN

#107 Apr 14, 2011
Way to go Mary Jo wrote:
Being from St. Kates Mary Jo understands how to lick any obsticle. She was really into the Taco's there.
Oh my, another attempt at being clever. It might get a chuckle if not for the grammatical errors. On second thought, no it wouldn't. I'm guessing you at least amused yourself. Good for you.
griddy

Saint Paul, MN

#109 Apr 14, 2011
"She said she is against "public funding for professional sports stadiums,'' but supported a Saints stadium in downtown St. Paul. " Who will fund this 'Saints stadium'? I wonder if she supports St. Paul pissin' away nearly a million dollars to remove snow piles from Midway's parking lot.

She's for the 'central corridor' but wants the wealthy to pay for it.

And she passed a BAR exam?
Earsell Mackbee

Minneapolis, MN

#110 Apr 14, 2011
Well, I see now that Burnsville Bob and Highland Guy are all about revisionist history.

READ MY POSTING. One T-Paw VETO was overridden for a gas tax. See, this is why we're where were at. After 8 years of No New Taxes T-Paw has left us with a horrid economy, these two morons still think the problems are caused by Dems. This is what happens when these two intellectuals get their economic philosophy from Bachmann and Fox News.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#111 Apr 14, 2011
Earsell Mackbee wrote:
Well, I see now that Burnsville Bob and Highland Guy are all about revisionist history.
READ MY POSTING. One T-Paw VETO was overridden for a gas tax. See, this is why we're where were at. After 8 years of No New Taxes T-Paw has left us with a horrid economy, these two morons still think the problems are caused by Dems. This is what happens when these two intellectuals get their economic philosophy from Bachmann and Fox News.
Mr. Mackbee, It's not revisionist history if I can quote your words:
EARSELL MACKBEE writes: "You do realize you had YOUR Governor the past 8 years and taxes were never raised during that time? "

Please supress your Pawlenty Derrangement Syndrome for a moment. I pointed out at least two taxes that were raised under Pawlenty. I could even add the Cigarette tax that was also raised (sorry, "health impact fee"). That makes THREE REGRESSIVE taxes, which clearly disprove your statement. YOU appear to be the one who wants to re-write history and claim that taxes were never raised in 8 years.

So, it's been a few years since all of these taxes were raised---multi-millions of dollars each---and we're still in a projected defecit. So, to you and any who thing more taxes are the answer, I present this empirical evidence that more taxes simply cause more spending and continued deficits.

It's fine if you want to have your opinions, but you can't have your own facts. At least I can back up what I say.

Location hidden

#112 Apr 14, 2011
Earsell Mackbee wrote:
One can always tell when a Progressive runs out of arguments because they bring up boogeymen like Bachmann & fox news and start name-calling anyone who dares challenge them.

Another self-proclaimed brilliant progressive -
funny

Saint Paul, MN

#113 Apr 14, 2011
Jane wrote:
According to earlier post St Kates is a **** school, does that make St. Thomas a gay school? They share staff and classes, even have a shuttle between them. Call the Archbishop, the two Catholic schools are hot beds of gay relationships.
The average person who posts should look up Greg Copeland's background and what he did while at Maplewood. Crawling through a ceiling to steal HR records, firing any and everyone he didn't like, causing Maplewood to almost lose their insurance, not overseeing finances, the list goes on. I believe it even was a topic on Leno for all the "stuff you can't make up" happening.
I'm not sure of this (but based on other posts facts don't matter) but I believe he was on public assistance of some sort for years because his wife was sick and he had to take care of her, not get a job with benefits and behave like an adult. He filed bankruptcy several times, he is a nut case.
That is why he did not get elected.
Funny, a simple record search with the courts doesn't verify your lies here.
Yes they are

Saint Paul, MN

#114 Apr 15, 2011
Jim Carson wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither of those "facts" are true.
It's an embarassing loss Jim and Andy, but you can't run away from the facts that you were in charge of this campaign. Your contact information was all over the website and the facebook page. No lying now.
Earsell Mackbee

Minneapolis, MN

#115 Apr 19, 2011
Hey Highland Guy, I only bring up Fox News because I want to make sure you understand what your opinions are. It's easier for you just to cut & paste from that website than use your limited brain.

In fact, your lack of reading comprehension leads me to believe that you get confused just cutting & pasting..."which come first again...the cutting or the pasting". See, in each case the taxes were raised by someone OTHER than your Governor. You understand the veto override process?

But go ahead and focus on that since your whole thesis of tax cuts leading to a healthy economy has been shown to be utter nonsense. So go back to Glenn Beck's homepage to construct your next argument.

Location hidden

#116 Apr 19, 2011
Earsell Mackbee wrote:
Hey Highland Guy, I only bring up Fox News because I want to make sure you understand what your opinions are. It's easier for you just to cut & paste from that website than use your limited brain.
In fact, your lack of reading comprehension leads me to believe that you get confused just cutting & pasting..."which come first again...the cutting or the pasting". See, in each case the taxes were raised by someone OTHER than your Governor. You understand the veto override process?
But go ahead and focus on that since your whole thesis of tax cuts leading to a healthy economy has been shown to be utter nonsense. So go back to Glenn Beck's homepage to construct your next argument.
Since you looked up reading comprehension on wikipedia- what part of "taxes were never raised in the last 8 years" do you still cling to as truth?

Proving again that you don't know what you don't know:
(1) I don't have cable TV or Fox News. I've never been to Glenn Beck's website either. I have read at least one of his books.
(2) although I will occasionally post links to sources, I am not a cut 'n' paster.
(3) I hate to break it to you (and to Governmor Dayton) but no Governor in the history of Minnesota has/had the power to raise taxes. All legislation comes from the "Leg-is-lat-ure". As you are fully aware, a veto override also comes from that "Leg-is-lat-ure" thingy.

Now, hustle back to the JV, Earsell.
Earsell Mackbee

Minneapolis, MN

#117 Apr 20, 2011
Your post acknowledges you're out of intellectual ammo. Obviously because we've now strayed to an issue not covered by the Fair & Balanced Network. Thanks for the tacit admission that you're both incorrect and a Fox News Tea Partier.

Location hidden

#118 Apr 20, 2011
Earsell Mackbee wrote:
Your post acknowledges you're out of intellectual ammo. Obviously because we've now strayed to an issue not covered by the Fair & Balanced Network. Thanks for the tacit admission that you're both incorrect and a Fox News Tea Partier.
you just can't admit that taxes have been raised but we still have deficits, can you?
Do you like that feeling of cognitive dissonance?
Plinko

Kansas City, MO

#119 Apr 25, 2011
Bob of Burnsville wrote:
<quoted text>If you want more taxes...PAY THEM THEN. Geez, stop with this crap will you. You lefties had the house AND senate. YOU CONTROLLED EVERYTHING!!!
It is this kind of response that really sickens me. You are an idiot and should not be allowed to post ever again.
DRE

Saint Paul, MN

#120 Apr 25, 2011
Plinko wrote:
<quoted text>
It is this kind of response that really sickens me. You are an idiot and should not be allowed to post ever again.
Amen!
JimC

Saint Paul, MN

#121 May 24, 2011
Yes they are wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an embarassing loss Jim and Andy, but you can't run away from the facts that you were in charge of this campaign. Your contact information was all over the website and the facebook page. No lying now.
On the contrary, we were out of the campaign once Andy raised the money, about day ten. I think you know that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jun '15 Richard Vickerman 17
News St. Anthony, Minnesota to Pay $200,000 to Settl... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Sunshine 2
Review: Tumbleweed Tavern (Jan '14) Aug '14 anonymous 4
News With one horse and one ride, one girl hopes to ... (Jan '09) Aug '14 Whoaaaaaaaa 17
News $50K reward offered in case of missing Falcon H... (Feb '10) Feb '14 ksj 39
Predator Judges, Police, Lawyers and Government... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Debra Matheny 1
Review: Country Limousine Inc (Apr '13) Apr '13 Jason W 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Albany Mortgages