Unborn baby dies after mom swerves to...

Unborn baby dies after mom swerves to avoid deer

There are 60 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 12, 2009, titled Unborn baby dies after mom swerves to avoid deer. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A Sauk Centre woman is grieving after an accident caused by a deer on an interstate in central Minnesota caused her to lose her unborn child in her eighth month of pregnancy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mr Right

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Nov 12, 2009
She should have hit it head on, such as what the State Troopers tell you to do.
Theresa

Chaska, MN

#4 Nov 12, 2009
My heart aches
J_Zee Creatively

Tomah, WI

#6 Nov 12, 2009
I'm sorry for r loss,and hope have great support system!! God Bless and will give u the strength to get through this.
Denny Crane

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Nov 12, 2009
Catherine wrote:
Dayman keep your personal views out of this tragic story...condolences to the family...
What is this story even being put on here for? just condolences? now TC.com is a condolance page! no, personal opinion is what it is use for and this story has nothing to do with any matters of "opinion" -yeah its a sad story, so whats the issue? the deer?
what now , "kill all the Deer" is that the point?
Godz Will

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Nov 12, 2009
bummer
Jane

Stillwater, MN

#11 Nov 12, 2009
I think it's a very sad thing to write an article about. I hope she was asked if it was OK first to put her traumatic situation in print for everyone to read.
Sporty

Cold Spring, MN

#12 Nov 12, 2009
My heart goes out to her and her family and pray to god she'll be able to deal with this with love and understanding from her friends and family.
God bless her and her family.
Inomine

Williston, ND

#13 Nov 12, 2009
An unborn baby is an unborn baby the moment he is conceived. His death is tragic at any stage of growth and development. Condolences to the family as well.
Just askin

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Nov 12, 2009
Just wondering if she was wearing a seat belt?
Mpls 123

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Nov 12, 2009
Just askin wrote:
Just wondering if she was wearing a seat belt?
I had the same question. Seatbelts can save the life of both the mom and the baby in a car accident. http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/...

What a tragedy for this family. My sincere condolences.
none

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Nov 12, 2009
Mpls 123 wrote:
<quoted text>
I had the same question. Seatbelts can save the life of both the mom and the baby in a car accident. http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/...
What a tragedy for this family. My sincere condolences.
Ever think that the seatbelt could have caused the injury to the baby?
Julie

Monticello, MN

#23 Nov 12, 2009
What a terrible loss, I am so sorry their sweety. May god be with you and your family in the tragic loss...godspeed..Julie
Your Conscience

Scarborough, Canada

#24 Nov 12, 2009
Oh...no....
Billy Bob

Minneapolis, MN

#27 Nov 12, 2009
Sorry for your loss.

Too many deer, lets cull some more during this hunting season.

These road rats need to be reduced. The city folk in Minneapolios and St. Paul think these rats are cute, but they are rats.
Anne

Minneapolis, MN

#29 Nov 12, 2009
Julie wrote:
What a terrible loss, I am so sorry their sweety. May god be with you and your family in the tragic loss...godspeed..Julie
Julie,

Well said!!

Anne

Since: Apr 09

Dayton, MN

#31 Nov 13, 2009
I don't think I have EVER in my life saw headlines announcing the death of an unborn baby.
Mpls 123

Minneapolis, MN

#33 Nov 13, 2009
none wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever think that the seatbelt could have caused the injury to the baby?
This is actually a good question.

What usually injures babies in a car accident is a sudden impact to the abdomen - like from hitting a dashboard or steering wheel.

What you don't want with a seatbelt is a seatbelt that goes across the tummy. Then if you get into a car accident, the seatbelt catches on the baby and this can hurt the baby.

Seatbelts should be worn so that the lower belt is over the hips (as low on the abdomen as it can go) and the top belt is above the pregnant belly. That way, the seatbelt catches on the mom's hips and chest and nothing touches the baby in a car accident. No seatbelts, dashboards, or steering wheels hitting the baby = good.
Zero

South Saint Paul, MN

#35 Nov 13, 2009
Never swerve to miss a deer. Hit them head on. Much less chance of injury to people in the vehicle. Hit the brakes, but DO NOT TURN.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#36 Nov 13, 2009
Mr Right wrote:
She should have hit it head on, such as what the State Troopers tell you to do.
That is correct, slam the braks on fine, but if you try to swerve more than likely you'll end up hitting a tree, much worse than just hitting a deer.

Since: Aug 09

Saint Paul, MN

#37 Nov 13, 2009
Never swerve to avoid a deer!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jun 15 Richard Vickerman 17
News St. Anthony, Minnesota to Pay $200,000 to Settl... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Sunshine 2
Review: Tumbleweed Tavern (Jan '14) Aug '14 anonymous 4
News With one horse and one ride, one girl hopes to ... (Jan '09) Aug '14 Whoaaaaaaaa 17
News $50K reward offered in case of missing Falcon H... (Feb '10) Feb '14 ksj 39
Predator Judges, Police, Lawyers and Government... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Debra Matheny 1
Review: Country Limousine Inc (Apr '13) Apr '13 Jason W 1
More from around the web

Albany People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Albany Mortgages