Coach Messer Being Coached

Coach Messer Being Coached

Posted in the Albany Forum

Ball Fan

Burkesville, KY

#1 Jan 10, 2013
How can he get his program back together?
bulldog

London, KY

#2 Jan 10, 2013
Ball Fan wrote:
How can he get his program back together?
you don't get out much do you, great coach great team
haha

Barbourville, KY

#3 Jan 10, 2013
the program is a joke look what happens when they play a good team, one or two players cant win a ballgame it is a team sport last time i got out. small team but could be a good team with the right coaching'dont get me wronghe is a good coach but needs to be a little more opened minded.
Pool

Campbellsville, KY

#4 Jan 10, 2013
Wow this has to be the dumbest post ever. One of the best coaches in Clinton ever he has them competing at another level besides just scheduling a weak schedule I do not know if you are a jealous parent or what but this has to be one of the most far fetched thoughts ever
haha

London, KY

#5 Jan 10, 2013
Pool, you have taken what im saying the wrong way Messer is a good coach just not a opened minded coach now them competing on another level i havent seen all the games but by no means are they a great team from what i have seen, good but not great and i think coach dunlap would give him a run for coach of the year. and i hope they come together and work together as a team to compete at another level but just dont see it happening none to soon until MESSER steps up and has them playing as a TEAM.
Fan

Manchester, KY

#6 Jan 10, 2013
I hope Messer stays so my family gets to play for him. He get every ounce of ability out of his players. Players are going to have an off night sometime. Those making comments against him should try coaching, I have and it def not easy!!
comment

London, KY

#7 Jan 10, 2013
He is a good moral person !
We are Bulldogs

London, KY

#8 Jan 11, 2013
whomever started this thread, coach Tim Moons or School Board member Jr. Cecil, you need to go away and continue what time you have left in Pickett County, just because you have a dream of coaching here does not mean you should start crap like this here. Look at Coach Messer's record, and the fact that he does not only teach the boys how to play but teaches them about life and leads them with a Godly heart, if I had a son I would be honored for Coach Messer to have him on the team. Coach Messer will be the first to tell these kids that life is more important than basketball, they pray before and after every game. We are blessed to have a true Christian man leading our team, God Bless our Bulldogs, their coaches and even your crazy mind!
Reality

Burkesville, KY

#9 Jan 12, 2013
We are Bulldogs wrote:
whomever started this thread, coach Tim Moons or School Board member Jr. Cecil, you need to go away and continue what time you have left in Pickett County, just because you have a dream of coaching here does not mean you should start crap like this here. Look at Coach Messer's record, and the fact that he does not only teach the boys how to play but teaches them about life and leads them with a Godly heart, if I had a son I would be honored for Coach Messer to have him on the team. Coach Messer will be the first to tell these kids that life is more important than basketball, they pray before and after every game. We are blessed to have a true Christian man leading our team, God Bless our Bulldogs, their coaches and even your crazy mind!
Everything you said is true, he is a great coach and person as well. Proably knows the game of basketball better than anyone that has ever coached here. However over years of being here and politics being as they are, one assistant coach needs to be off the bench, we all know who it is and he himself has cause alot of players over the last 4 year to quit or lose playing time because of this coach. As a matter of fact last year we had a great player that never got to see the floor hardly at all because of this assistant. This coach should have stepped down when he took his other job in athletics ,it seems that should have been policy but was overlooked because of the principle. This is not only my thoughts but most people you talk to feel the same way, He had his chance to coach years ago and gave it up, so dont let him run the show now.
Byrdtown

Burkesville, KY

#10 Jan 12, 2013
We are Bulldogs wrote:
Wonder why Mr Cecil didnt let everyone know he was going to be Picket County Assistant coach when he was running for schoold board, I am one that voted for him and I would have not if i had known he was going to do that. What a joke I quess moons thinks it will help him get a job here.
afan

London, KY

#11 Jan 12, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything you said is true, he is a great coach and person as well. Proably knows the game of basketball better than anyone that has ever coached here. However over years of being here and politics being as they are, one assistant coach needs to be off the bench, we all know who it is and he himself has cause alot of players over the last 4 year to quit or lose playing time because of this coach. As a matter of fact last year we had a great player that never got to see the floor hardly at all because of this assistant. This coach should have stepped down when he took his other job in athletics ,it seems that should have been policy but was overlooked because of the principle. This is not only my thoughts but most people you talk to feel the same way, He had his chance to coach years ago and gave it up, so dont let him run the show now.
who was this great player last year that hardly saw the floor because of an assistant? you sound like some nut that think sports is all about letting everyone play, oh let johnny play more, oh let suzie play more. playing time is earned by how well you play period. messer will play the best players and give his team the best shot with them and anyone that knows anything about ball has respect for that. if you don't like it get involved with teeball where everyone gets a trophy.
LOL

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 Jan 12, 2013
If any of you had enough about you to say anything like this to the coach face, he would make you look like the fools you are. The only thing wrong with this team is jealous parents, just remember he has done your job, could you do his. Leave it alone and it will all work out. Coach messer has a way of always bringing his kids together, and there will be know difference in this year.
reality

Burkesville, KY

#13 Jan 13, 2013
afan wrote:
<quoted text>who was this great player last year that hardly saw the floor because of an assistant? you sound like some nut that think sports is all about letting everyone play, oh let johnny play more, oh let suzie play more. playing time is earned by how well you play period. messer will play the best players and give his team the best shot with them and anyone that knows anything about ball has respect for that. if you don't like it get involved with teeball where everyone gets a trophy.
Could have been a 6 foot 7 boy that hardly ever saw the floor, you know the one that walked on at columbia and got a scholorship , you know the one that wasnt allowed to play much because of another player, you know the one on senior night that scored several points while he was in but got took out quick because he might show another player up. You know that guy. And yes the assistant was the cause of it his whole time playing. That assistant needs to be off the team, he had it once and gave it up, so let him sit in his office and make out schedules that is what hes good at. By the way what was his record when he was head coach? Or maybe they will but him in the HALL OF FAME next year you know how good of a player he was in high school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lori Demmon and Terry Shelley 11 min FACT 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 26 min yabadabado 148,943
Albany /Clinton county please repair your roads! 10 hr Stupid is as stup... 35
kimmie 11 hr crazy 3
Does anyone have any Fred Thrasher prints for s... (Aug '09) 16 hr Adam 101
heather mann Sun Booger 7
He got married and she's getting a divorce!!! Sun Destiny 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Albany Mortgages