Gary Ferrill's Student Wins In Russel...

Gary Ferrill's Student Wins In Russell County MMA Event

Posted in the Albany Forum

tapout

Baldwin City, KS

#1 Dec 6, 2008
Just wanted to congratulate Gary and his student, Kevin Smith from Russell county on their win at the Southern Kentucky Combat League MMA Event in Russell Springs, Ky.

Kevin was an underdog and wasn't expected to win because he was competing against another fighter from a larger well known Gracie Jiu Jitsu affiliate school. The fight started with Kevin being taken down, but he stayed busy with arm bar and triangle attempts. Second round, Kevin threw a combination and scored a take down of his own and immediately went to mount and struck his opponent until the referee pulled him away. Kevin remains undefeated at 2-0.
congrats

Baldwin City, KS

#2 Dec 7, 2008
Good job Gary and Kevin!
Yeah

Decorah, IA

#3 Dec 7, 2008
Gary Ferrill at cagle's?
tapout

Baldwin City, KS

#4 Dec 7, 2008
Yeah wrote:
Gary Ferrill at cagle's?
Yes, Gary at Cagle's. The guy he trained works there as well. Gary is now certified to teach jiu jitsu. They both put in alot of training for this fight.
Kelly

Burkesville, KY

#5 Dec 7, 2008
Congrats Gary and Kevin. I knew that they could do it. Gary is just to dang good!!!
Fair

Albany, KY

#6 Dec 8, 2008
wonder if there will be another at the fair?
kevin smith

Jamestown, KY

#7 Dec 14, 2008
part of this fight is on youtube it is kevin smith vs david altizer

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 26 min Raju 149,854
hunters bbq 1 hr powerstroker 24
forged names on petition 2 hr Great 56
april 5 hr curious 2
wet vote jim soma 8 hr piglet 5
Handmade Quilts 8 hr FACT 2
make american poor again trump Tue sunshine 25

Albany Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Albany Mortgages