Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
108,061 - 108,080 of 128,587 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And who is to say it was not you who was duped by propaganda about Mother Theresa? She was treated like royalty, far from whatever supposed vow of poverty you heard about.
And who says her efforts really helped? If people are starving, telling the pregnancy prevention is sinful is the opposite of helping.
Millions die yearly due to aids, and condom use has been forbidden by the church and this has caused these gullible people to have the epidemic unchecked in these remote areas of Africa.
I cannot praise spreading of ignorant superstitions that cause more harm than they try to prevent.
And again you switch from white to black.
Can't be too careful with your company
I can feel the Devil walking next to me!!!
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you agree that burning people alive by God is just.
Lev: 20
14 “If a man marries both a woman and her mother, that’s wicked. All three of them must be burned at the stake.
Please explain why you think this killing and in this manner is just.
P.S. are you also in favor of public prayers in school?
I don't agree with anything people like YOU say.

Because I KNOW BETTER!!!

I can feel the Devil walking next to me!!!!!!!!!!
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The 9/11 terrorists were of middle or upper classes, but that does not mean this passage could not be easily uses to recruit poor terrorists.
I do not subscribe to using such vauge religious terms for what I am.
I show specifically what I found wrong with the passages. Nothing to get sentimental about.
Yeah,,, pretty tawdry---dark age and barbaric for sure!

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for informing us what the religious propaganda machine is selling these days. Seems they have you tricked very well.
All you do is criticize atheists. Hope you never need a secular organization when in need. But we really don't expect you to be non hypocritical so I am sure you use them all the time.
You see we atheists do not brag constantly when we help others and hold up atheist flags while helping. That is for religion to do. Hold up Mother Theresa and brag.
But here testimony shows she helped even when she no longer really had faith in a god. So you really can't hold her up like a trophy to your beliefs.
And I see you can't allow for criticism with your beliefs. It is clear you think Christainty is perfect. The propaganda has paid off. The brainwashing is complete.
I have not been tricked by anyone.

What I have been ,is, convinced that Atheists have done very little to advance the well being of the poor , less fortunate and for humanity in general.

Their inaction and lack of contributions speak for themselves.

What contributions have they made?
To whom do Atheists turn in their moment of need?
Not to Madylin O'Hair or Richard Dawkins.
Now , they want to adopt Mother Theresa as one of their own.
When and where did she claim to be an Atheist?
You are looking to reap where you have not sown.

According to studies ,Atheists attend Church in order to belong to support groups which they are unable to find within the Atheist community.
They want their children to be taught morals based on the teachings of Christianity.
By doing so , they invalidate the belief among some Atheists that God is not needed in order to lead a moral life.
And I can go on and on......

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure the 9/11 hijackers felt the same as they slammed I to the towers. And this is why I protest religion. It stifles rational thought. It warps moral reasoning.
Killing someone who is peacefully worshiping is immoral. Killing someone for trying to sway you from your god is immoral. Missionaries try to sway people from their god every day. Do you thing it is moral to kill them? If not, then why was it moral for a god or man to order it in the bible?
Let us stick to the subject of Deuteronomy and not muddy the waters
with issues that do not pertain to what is written in Deuteronomy.

Deuteronomy has nothing to do with 9/11.

Those who were killed for worshipping the golden calf violated their agreement to Worship only the true God and serve him only.
Instead , in spite of the warnings not to do so , they made a graven image and worshipped it as if it was god.
They had been warned that such actions would be detrimental to the community at large.
When confronted by Moses , they were given the opportunity to recant.
Some did not. By choosing not to stand with GOD , THEY CHOOSE THE GOLDEN CALF.
You , as an unbeliever , fail to grasp the serious consecuences of that mistake...Moses did not..
That cancer had to be removed and it was.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

tema wrote:
<quoted text> To whom do Atheists turn in their moment of need?
You should get out more often. You are not familiar with her diaries and the books that have been published since her death. Let me help.

"Lord, my God, who am I that You should forsake me? The Child of your Love — and now become as the most hated one — the one — You have thrown away as unwanted — unloved. I call, I cling, I want — and there is no One to answer — no One on Whom I can cling — no, No One.— Alone ... Where is my Faith — even deep down right in there is nothing, but emptiness & darkness — My God — how painful is this unknown pain — I have no Faith — I dare not utter the words & thoughts that crowd in my heart — & make me suffer untold agony.
So many unanswered questions live within me afraid to uncover them — because of the blasphemy — If there be God — please forgive me — When I try to raise my thoughts to Heaven — there is such convicting emptiness that those very thoughts return like sharp knives & hurt my very soul.— I am told God loves me — and yet the reality of darkness & coldness & emptiness is so great that nothing touches my soul. Did I make a mistake in surrendering blindly to the Call of the Sacred Heart?"
— addressed to Jesus, at the suggestion of a confessor, undated

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/222107/...
tema wrote:
<quoted text> You are looking to reap where you have not sown.
According to studies ,Atheists attend Church in order to belong to support groups which they are unable to find within the Atheist community.
They want their children to be taught morals based on the teachings of Christianity.
By doing so , they invalidate the belief among some Atheists that God is not needed in order to lead a moral life.
So...some Christians lead amoral lives since they can always just tell Yahweh they are really sorry and think themselves forgiven.
Do the actions of "some" invalidate the actions of the many?
If so, by your reasoning, all Christians are amoral.
Do you see how ridiculous you are?

There is no "god" necessary for the teaching of "don't lie, cheat, kill, or steal."
The so called Golden Rule predates the babble and is perhaps the best moral lesson ever stated.
tema wrote:
<quoted text> And I can go on and on......
You could, and probably will, and it will mean just as little.

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot the REST of it!
20:14 And if a man shall take a wife and her mother, it [is]
wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they:
that there be no wickedness among you.
"that there be no wickedness among you"
You just don't like Judgment for your wickedness!
Besides... Who was God talking to???
You conveniently left out the poor animal for sinning (go figure) that was burned at the stake with the women and for having sex. Yet men can rape young girls and just pay 5 dollars. You then admit that men force women to have sex with animals.

You have the mind set of those who want a sharia type christian law in America. You agree God is just when young virgins are raped and men only have to pay 5 dollars to her family. You have a warped mind to believe God is just.

You have a convert a "huckleberry" called SistaNoneYa.

Since: Feb 12

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

ThugsnHaterssuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Might explain the current admin of thug type poliTics in DC oozing hate out everywhere these days as well.
The violence Barbarians and gangbangers.
Dem type gotter go--duh sooner duh better.
Hurry 2016!
Is this your choice for president Rick Perry and the push for American theocracy?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Common sense is so rare these days it should be classified as a superpower!
Dumb quote if the day.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
BINGO
(ah knew that YaA lol)
The really cool thing of it all is-
Jesus (and the examples of) let's those of us who choose to-LOVE, love the sinners, the imperfect, the confused and even hot air wind bag wankers like Duquette--because of REAL grace!!
Amen!
If this is love, then this love is meaningless.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
You conveniently left out the poor animal for sinning (go figure) that was burned at the stake with the women and for having sex. Yet men can rape young girls and just pay 5 dollars. You then admit that men force women to have sex with animals.
You have the mind set of those who want a sharia type christian law in America. You agree God is just when young virgins are raped and men only have to pay 5 dollars to her family. You have a warped mind to believe God is just.
You have a convert a "huckleberry" called SistaNoneYa.
No CONversion here-I've always had morals and ethics.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this your choice for president Rick Perry and the push for American theocracy?
Wrong again-I'm still rooting for Christie! Good B-U-D-G-E-T type of REAL leadership, even when facing disasters such as mega storm Sandy's!
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Dumb quote if the day.
Duquette flunk out of that area too? Don't feel alone, it IS a rare trait these days Duquette.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

What I find funny is this: Even by their own standards, their own definition of Christian; they still get a failing grade, yet consider themselves living "right"; much like what the bible speaks of is not important to them because they can always use some ignorant excuse...i.e. "I didn't know that was wrong", or "I was just kidding", or "Just because I'm a Christian doesn't mean I can't slap the chit outa you if you hit me first", and of course, the best one...."I'm not a hypocrite, things written in the OT are obsolete, and all I need to follow is the NT"
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If this is love, then this love is meaningless.
Public forums are not the place to discuss your personal issues Duquette.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah,,, pretty tawdry---dark age and barbaric for sure!
I told you my complaints about the passages you feel are so wonderful. No need to exaggerate to try and make them seem rational.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again-I'm still rooting for Christie! Good B-U-D-G-E-T type of REAL leadership, even when facing disasters such as mega storm Sandy's!
Laughing, Lets just hope that lap-band surgery holds up with all the pressure he's under!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I can feel the Devil walking next to me!!!
Is this the love you were talking about?
Overloaders

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I told you my complaints about the passages you feel are so wonderful. No need to exaggerate to try and make them seem rational.
Now you have to resort to lying as well?

How many times have I said, I do NOT like alot of parts of the OT (for Obvious reasons!)

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2013

Judged:

tema wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not been tricked by anyone.
What I have been ,is, convinced that Atheists have done very little to advance the well being of the poor , less fortunate and for humanity in general.
Their inaction and lack of contributions speak for themselves.
What contributions have they made?
To whom do Atheists turn in their moment of need?
You are looking to reap where you have not sown.
And I can go on and on......
Did you change your name curious?
So you're convinced us atheists just
Don't help others like believers do? We who convinced you? You post propaganda here all the time, so I can see where you get your beliefs. And I say you have been tricked. It is an age old tactic of religion and politics.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Albany Forum right now

Search the Albany Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Jay 146,178
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 27 min i know 81,568
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 35 min i know 1,013
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Hero 26,183
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 2 hr Amen 16,115
What Type of small business would go good here ... 3 hr Albany 5
Wellness Center 3 hr Fetch A Lawyer 3
bigmouth kathy daly 9 hr lmmfao 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Albany Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••