Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 141473 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#112943 Sep 11, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No ,no ,no Witchety..
The difference between you and I is that I am able to confess my faults and imperfections.
You are unable to acknowledge that which is obvious to all who know you .
I am fairly sure that the only one who has such a high opinion of you ..is You [QUOTE]

I don't consider simply being an ethical, decent person as a "high opinion."
You only think it's "high" because it makes you feel "low."
That is YOUR problem.

I understand why you want to believe "everyone" does terrible things.
You and Yaa need to feel better about yourselves and you do it by believing "everyone does it."

[QUOTE who="curious"]<qu oted text> << editted for much ado about nothing>>
I'm not talking about other people. I only answer for myself.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#112944 Sep 11, 2013
Sorry, fixing that ^^^^
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No ,no ,no Witchety..
The difference between you and I is that I am able to confess my faults and imperfections.
You are unable to acknowledge that which is obvious to all who know you .
I am fairly sure that the only one who has such a high opinion of you ..is You
I don't consider simply being an ethical, decent person as a "high opinion."
You only think it's "high" because it makes you feel "low."
That is YOUR problem.

I understand why you want to believe "everyone" does terrible things.
You and Yaa need to feel better about yourselves and you do it by believing "everyone does it."
curious wrote:
<quoted text> << editted for much ado about nothing>>
I'm not talking about other people. I only answer for myself.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#112945 Sep 11, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hold that thought!
God is real... case closed.... like your head!
Laughing.
It's obvious your head isn't closed, which explains the absence of your brain!
curious

Ocoee, FL

#112946 Sep 11, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that seems to work for you.
You read the babble and say stupid stuff all the time.
But not everyone is as rationally challenged as you are.
Atheists seem to be rationally challenged by irrationality.

They are left wandering if their great grandfathers were Urangatans Babboons or just your general run off the mill KING KONGS.
They need to read old bones and rocks in order to enhance their education.
They hold on to the superstition that a nonexisting nonintelligence is responsible for having given them life and designed them to become the most intelligent of God's creation.
That particular superstition can not be traced even to the most primitive cultures.
Due to an absurdly low set of Ethical beliefs ,they can unashamedly confess that they have never done anything for which they need to be ashamed.
Neither will they mention these hideous acts they have committed for which they feel no shame.
But then , neither did Stalin ,Mao or Pol Pot.
Putin is a more current example.
When Robert Kraft , owner of the NE Patriots permitted Putin to hold and look at his superbowl ring ,Putin conveniently and without permission ,pocketed it and walked away as his bodyguards ran interference for him.
Putin claims the ring was given him as a gift and it now sits in a museum in St. Petersburg ,Russia.
In spite of Mr. Krafts denials that he gave the ring to MR. Putin and his insistence that it be returned , Putin has laid a dishonest claim to the ring and will not return it.
Needless to say , Mr. Putin is not ashamed og his actions for,by his own admission he is an Ethical man.

United States of America

#112947 Sep 11, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No ,no ,no Witchety..
Really? Prove it!!
Hypocrite much??

United States of America

#112948 Sep 11, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Tard!
No! It take more Magic for your religion to work, AND
I might add... a whole lot more faith!
God said... You'd be on here showcasing your wisdom (or lack thereof)!
Thanks!
So god is talking to you about Public Forum's now?
Hehe
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#112949 Sep 11, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You left out Nahnananahnanan like most grade school kids use with your type of childish replies....
No, I didn't....mostly because I never stooped to such imbecilicness in grade school either.
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#112950 Sep 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>What? First, you failed to show my words, and second, you failed to show my contradictions on the Boston bombing. You failed to show what side of the debate(if their is one) I am on.
How is an attack on our country, in our country, like the situation in Iraq? You fail to show any links to anything. You are just babbling as usual.
The tip of your fingers have a lot of nerves, thus senses. So I am not sure you realize your analogy is flawed.
I wouldn't even waste a braincell even putting Iraq and Syria into any sort of all "DUH" same category, when contemplating issues with either.

Only idiots would.
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#112951 Sep 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I do not claim secularism is a band aid, I claim it is the moral way for a society to be. Sometimes being moral is dangerous. And it was on 9/11.
This guy pointed to a heaping lump of dead bodies and ruble that had one of the many cross beams still poking out and claimed it is the house of god. How insane.
The idea of god is the reason for the terrorist attack. I hold no respect for such a faith based concept.
The fight between Christians and Islam has been going on since the first claims of the prophets. It is all just religious based war.
Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11.
Bullchit.
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#112952 Sep 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
".let alone of DECENCY and RESPECT of and for OTHERS.
You UnAmerican, terrorist appeasing dirtbag."
Can you write a more contradictory statement? Hypocrite.
Imbecilic Dirtbag.
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#112953 Sep 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Because all your statements on Obama contradict itself with your stance on Iraq. How many examples do I need to show your hypocrisy?
You've yet to have even shown one.
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#112954 Sep 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Freedom of religion is for the citizen, not the state. Get it straight pal, as of yet, you have it backwards.
and the American Patriot CITIZENS of New York proved THAT.
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#112955 Sep 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>No choice? So? I am simply pointing out how Saddam was no more responsible as a catalyst than Reagan, for 9/11. Neither excuse the religious war of jihad.
I will not shut up, and you cannot make me. You know it is a right of mine. Why do you hate free speech?
Bullchit all you want to...it'll still be dirtbag bullchit.

When and if you eventually realize, grown ups can, and do, have diplomatic conversations at far more intelligent levels beyond imbecilic "right/wrong" and you can step up a few levels out of the piles of manure, then you might post something worth reading.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#112956 Sep 11, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Prove it!!
Hypocrite much??
And you , You are another scoundrel.

You claim you work in construction . If that is yoiu job , then that is what you are paid to do.
Instead , while yhou should be working , which is what you are being paid to do , you are on the internet for who knows how many hours , neglecting your job and getting paid for shirking your responsibilities.
And don't come up with lame excuses like; I tell my boss to dock my pay for the inordinate amount of time I spend away from my job while posting on Topix or some such other nonsense.
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#112957 Sep 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>My point is, both the Koran and the bible are books that demand murder of non believers. The Muslims carried out one of these orders on 9/11. Need we have more evidence to show those sorts of faith based books not be taught as truth or good morality?
Yes, I remember 9/11. It was the day I started questioning blind faith in books and tradition. It was when I started to understand how religion is a harm to society.
EXTREMISM in ANYthing, usually IS.

Unbalanced, Unhealthy and UNenlightened, to say the least.
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#112958 Sep 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like you are about to explode over there.
Now tell me why you were wanting the US let the terrorist of Pan Am flight 103 go unpunished?
The red tape was still tangled in certai aspects (wile at least one HAD been "punished" already), and therefore just an EXCUSE.

Abysmal FOREIGN POLICY FAILURE.
SistaNoneYa

Somerset, KY

#112959 Sep 11, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Diversion.
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If the bible is truth, then your god is evil.
If Deuteronomy is true, then your god ordered followers to murder.
Your superstition may spread even though the bible is full of atrocities by your god, but it does not mean it is true. Your religion got a giant upstart by murdering the non believers. The god and Jesus were used to help conquer and indoctrinate lands across the globe.
I note you avoided the claims and diverted. Common tactic to keep the faith, denial.
I absolutely will have faith, in what so ever I choose to, as well as decline having ay at all, in what I deem to be UNworthy of it.

United States of America

#112960 Sep 11, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim you work in construction . If that is yoiu job , then that is what you are paid to do.
Instead , while yhou should be working , which is what you are being paid to do , you are on the internet for who knows how many hours , neglecting your job and getting paid for shirking your responsibilities.
And don't come up with lame excuses like; I tell my boss to dock my pay for the inordinate amount of time I spend away from my job while posting on Topix or some such other nonsense.
Hey Curious, I'm not sure you are aware, so I'll inform you now... When weather is in the area..such as rain, lightening, on a Construction site that works with Iron, and Concrete, It is the Safety Director's sole responsibility to ensure the safety of all.
It was deemed unsafe today when the weather came in around Noon today. If you have any more questions, just let me know.

United States of America

#112961 Sep 11, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Might I add, every time you assume something, all you do is make An a$$ of yourself.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Monticello, KY

#112962 Sep 11, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I didn't....mostly because I never stooped to such imbecilicness in grade school either.
Well you seemed to have saved it for this thread then....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Herman thompson 1 hr Relative 5
Dollar Market 3 hr Truth 6
Dr. Cummings 6 hr dood 13
a.s. 21 hr your worst enemy 11
Jail ems county meeting why is ppl mad Sat curious 34
Yards sale hogs Sat Done 20
For Rent Sat well 3
More from around the web

Albany People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE