Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,065

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#94918 Feb 10, 2013
Good Christians, like slaves and soldiers, ask no questions.”~ Jerry Falwell
The christian cult does not want its sheep to ask questions, just to do as they are told

Since: Mar 10

usa

#94919 Feb 10, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
Good Christians, like slaves and soldiers, ask no questions.”~ Jerry Falwell
The christian cult does not want its sheep to ask questions, just to do as they are told
Are you just anti-Christian? Is there any point in having a discussion with you?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#94920 Feb 10, 2013
Businessman01 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you just anti-Christian? Is there any point in having a discussion with you?
OK, if some one really believes in (insert religion) than I do not have a problem with them. If they TRY to live by their beliefs.
I do have a problem with people who use church to elevate themselves above others and defame others as they are patting themselves on the back and telling themselves that they are better than others. I have a problem with people who try to force their way on to others and do not accept that every one has the same rights they do.(so many church people feel that they are the only ones with rights)
I try to open the eyes of some christians to make them see that what they are following is not the bible but a group of people who worship social status and wealth.
Yes, not every christian is like this, not every baptist rapes children, I know, but as long as they condemn and threaten me with out knowing anything about what I believe I will fight back
(by the way, we do not sacrifice animals, that was your religion and we do not harm the innocent, again your religion)

usa

#94921 Feb 10, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>OK, if some one really believes in (insert religion) than I do not have a problem with them. If they TRY to live by their beliefs.
I do have a problem with people who use church to elevate themselves above others and defame others as they are patting themselves on the back and telling themselves that they are better than others. I have a problem with people who try to force their way on to others and do not accept that every one has the same rights they do.(so many church people feel that they are the only ones with rights)
I try to open the eyes of some christians to make them see that what they are following is not the bible but a group of people who worship social status and wealth.
Yes, not every christian is like this, not every baptist rapes children, I know, but as long as they condemn and threaten me with out knowing anything about what I believe I will fight back
(by the way, we do not sacrifice animals, that was your religion and we do not harm the innocent, again your religion)
I agree everyone has the right to believe as they wish and I would be the last one to try to force my beliefs on anyone.
hill billy jim

Leitchfield, KY

#94922 Feb 10, 2013
Atheism is what I would say your belief is.I will truly pray for you I don't want to see you go to hell.I pray you seek the Lord before your time is up.

usa

#94923 Feb 10, 2013
hill billy jim wrote:
Atheism is what I would say your belief is.I will truly pray for you I don't want to see you go to hell.I pray you seek the Lord before your time is up.
Are you talking about me???

“There is no god”

War, WV

#94924 Feb 10, 2013

“There is no god”

War, WV

#94925 Feb 10, 2013
hill billy jim wrote:
More agnostic. If there is a god it is not the christian version.
There is no Hell, and threats do not work on me. How can you claim to love a god that holds threats over your head? Did you know that the concept of Hell did not come about until the 3rd century AD? It was made up to keep the masses under control.
TruthIs

Manchester, KY

#94926 Feb 10, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>So does the book Tom Sawyer
Excellent book as well!
TruthIs

Manchester, KY

#94927 Feb 10, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
If christians love the bible so much why do they pick and choose from it?
Some chapters are just better reading in a lot of books, or a lot of chapters are just better reading in some books?
Just an "opineeyun".

“Pulmonary Hypertension aware”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#94928 Feb 10, 2013
hill billy jim wrote:
I am not atheist but i do not believe in the "god" of the bible either(notice i did not capitalize it). I believe in Mother Earth and the Lord and Lady of the Sun and Moon. In other words I believe in many gods and goddess. The problem you have is you have your blinders on and can not see that christianity is not all that is out there. The oldest religion is the one i practice I am a witch born and true. My ways were born well before you bible was concieved and it blows my mind how it is billed as the old faith. all it has is stolen pieces of the old faith. Blessed be and may mother earth share her wisdom with you.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#94929 Feb 10, 2013
The lost Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not atheist but i do not believe in the "god" of the bible either(notice i did not capitalize it). I believe in Mother Earth and the Lord and Lady of the Sun and Moon. In other words I believe in many gods and goddess. The problem you have is you have your blinders on and can not see that christianity is not all that is out there. The oldest religion is the one i practice I am a witch born and true. My ways were born well before you bible was concieved and it blows my mind how it is billed as the old faith. all it has is stolen pieces of the old faith. Blessed be and may mother earth share her wisdom with you.
It is nice to see people of non-Christian faiths posting.

However, how do you know yours is the "oldest religion"? Modern paganism is disconnected from anything the ancient peoples practiced by hundreds of years. Also, we simply have no way of knowing for sure what types of religions might have been practiced by people one or two hundred thousand years ago.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#94930 Feb 10, 2013
From my reading, animism (the belief that everything is "animated" by spirits) seems to be the oldest.
Primitive peoples tried to identify with the prey by wearing hides and skins or antlers and performing rituals, perhaps to understand the animal in order to better hunt them.
Okay

London, KY

#94931 Feb 10, 2013
Okay
so true

Morgantown, KY

#94932 Feb 10, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Water Pot's don't have feelings, water pots don't talk... Sometimes a cigar is just a good cigar....
A the little teapot did in Beauty and the Beast..
hill billy jim

Leitchfield, KY

#94933 Feb 10, 2013
Businessman01 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you talking about me???
No I was talking to the non Christians out there.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#94935 Feb 10, 2013
Businessman01 wrote:
<quoted text>Read the Book of Mormon
Are you Mormon? Do Mormons have ability to turn a wand into a snake? I and friend of mine that visited a Mormon to purchase a car, while in the Mormons house the Mormon demonstrated that magic for us, but only my friend was able to see it and not me. How come I could not see it?
Wrong again Sparky

Georgetown, KY

#94936 Feb 11, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I think that you just want little girls to read in the bible that god likes it when they have sex with their fathers.
Do you have any daughters or are you eyeing some one elses daughter?
Proof the Bible is true...
You are some Nasty evil!
Thanks again!
GWB

Roseville, CA

#94937 Feb 11, 2013
New conspiracy theories 2013 are ramping up.

A former FBI agent and current anti-Islam activist believes that John Brennan, President Obama’s pick to head the CIA, is secretly a Muslim and therefore “unfit for duty” in the government.

http://www.salon.com/2013/02/10/john_brennan_...
Wrong again Sparky

Georgetown, KY

#94938 Feb 11, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
There has not been one single writing about jesus before Constantine created him.
There are writings found that are thousands of years older than the fabled times of jesus but not one single writing until a ruler started using religion to control the masses
Couldn't be more wrong if you'd lied on purpose...
You need to read it again, as the whole Bible OT Points towards Christ!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 36 min DANGEROUS CURVE A... 5,309
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 55 min Ari son of Anarchy 153,924
earl stearns 3 hr hot shot 10
to Tony lowhorn 4 hr yee 11
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 15 hr BIG_STEVIE 16,169
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 15 hr here 81,640
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 23 hr Bill 26,279
•••
•••
•••

Albany Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Albany People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••