'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 243459 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Jay

Springville, TN

#45441 Aug 13, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>

Like this FOOL:
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>

Who is this lowlife Canadian? He or she should stay on their side of the border and worry about what's going on up there. They don't live here, they don't deal with American issues, and if they have nothing to contribute other than blasphemous remarks, I probably would have said this and ended with KMA!!!

As for copy and paste. If you do some don't like it, if you don't you get accused of not having a reliable source. So copy and paste is easier. You didn't say it, but you want others to read it without you having to leave half of it out. I have no problem with someone applying a source to their opinion. In a way it has more credibility. A chat board like this is a great way to exchange ideas, bring forth some things you may not be aware of: enlighten and challenge. There is nothing wrong with a good debate, but if you call me an a$$ most likely I will return with a comment.

This comment to you: "All together, you don't amount to a pile of fresh farm manure." Shows ignorance and immaturity. Consider the source!!!
Syl

Ashland, KY

#45443 Aug 13, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there an echo in here??
That's the winds of change you hear.
Jay

Springville, TN

#45444 Aug 13, 2012
This is a NEWSMAX
poll:

Monday August 13, 2012

If the election were held today, who would you vote for?
----------
Barack Obama - Joe Biden
397,982(30%)

Mitt Romney - Paul Ryan
857,353(66%)

Other
41,998(3%)

Are you more likely to vote for Mitt Romney because Paul Ryan is his VP?
----------

More Likely
880,163(67%)

Less Likely
401,778(30%)

Doesn't change my opinion of Romney
15,236(1%)

Which party should run congress?
----------

Republican
787,139(60%)

Democratic
356,816(27%)

147,164(11%)

To close the federal deficit, Congress and the President should
----------

Raise taxes
130,042(10%)

Cut spending
397,620(30%)

Cut taxes and cut spending
671,519(52%)

Raise taxes and increase spending
85,819(6%)

Do you favor significant cuts to Medicare?
----------

Yes, cut Medicare significantly
207,941(16%)

No, don't cut Medicare significantly
1,064,627(83%)

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© 2012 Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved

American Lady

Danville, KY

#45445 Aug 13, 2012
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is this lowlife Canadian? He or she should stay on their side of the border and worry about what's going on up there. They don't live here, they don't deal with American issues, and if they have nothing to contribute other than blasphemous remarks, I probably would have said this and ended with KMA!!!
As for copy and paste. If you do some don't like it, if you don't you get accused of not having a reliable source. So copy and paste is easier. You didn't say it, but you want others to read it without you having to leave half of it out. I have no problem with someone applying a source to their opinion. In a way it has more credibility. A chat board like this is a great way to exchange ideas, bring forth some things you may not be aware of: enlighten and challenge. There is nothing wrong with a good debate, but if you call me an a$$ most likely I will return with a comment.
This comment to you: "All together, you don't amount to a pile of fresh farm manure." Shows ignorance and immaturity. Consider the source!!!
Thanks Jay!
I know :)
Jay

Springville, TN

#45446 Aug 13, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Jay!
I know :)
++++++++++

I know you do.

I was laughing to myself, someone flamed the Newmax poll as clueless. It's on their site, you can go there yourself and vote. Count the number of people who participated. I guess they're all clueless.........LOL......... 8D

PS: Keep'em comin' you had some good stuff today which I need to go back and read here sometime soon.
john

Perris, CA

#45447 Aug 13, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Issa suing Holder over 'Fast and Furious'
For refusing to provide documents in fatal operation
http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/issa-suing-holder-...
Darrell Issa to Sue Eric Holder Monday
By Jonathan Strong
Roll Call Staff
Aug. 12, 2012, 7:43 p.m.
House Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa plans to sue Attorney General Eric Holder on Monday for refusing to provide documents related to the "Fast and Furious" gun-smuggling operation.
"The committee expects to file the civil contempt suit against the attorney general Monday," a Republican source said. The suit will be filed in the federal district court for the District of Columbia.
http://www.rollcall.com/news/darrell_issa_to_...
...some articles are saying, the drug lord caught, is talking a lot. saying, its not about "gun running" as much, rather holder traded guns for information. there are more and more info daily. that the truth is, trading info for guns.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45449 Aug 13, 2012
Manifesto puts Hillary chief in Saudi plot
Huma Abedin worked for family institute tied to establishing Islamic America

Although President Obama lavishly praised her over the weekend as an “American patriot,” a manifesto commissioned by the ruling Saudi Arabian monarchy effectively places the work of an institute that employed Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s deputy chief of staff at the forefront of a grand plan to mobilize U.S. Muslim minorities to transform America into a Saudi-style Islamic state, according to an Arabic-language researcher.

Clinton’s top aide, Huma Abedin, was an assistant editor for a dozen years for the Journal of Muslim Minority Affairs for the Institute for Muslim Minority Affairs. The institute – founded by her late father and currently directed by her mother – is backed by the Muslim World League, an Islamic organization found in the Saudi holy city of Mecca that was founded by Muslim Brotherhood leaders.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/manifesto-puts-hil...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45450 Aug 13, 2012
Mitt's 'damn-the-torpedoes!' decision
Pat Buchanan calls Paul Ryan 'a man of principles and conservative philosophy'

http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/mitts-damn-the-tor...

Rush: Economy to rocket with Ryan win
'The moment it's known that Obama's out of office'

http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/rush-economy-to-ro...
Romney Ryan 2013

Glasgow, KY

#45451 Aug 13, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>...some articles are saying, the drug lord caught, is talking a lot. saying, its not about "gun running" as much, rather holder traded guns for information. there are more and more info daily. that the truth is, trading info for guns.
The way Holder tells it he didn't have a clue so I guess he didn't get any info since he knew nothing about f&f. Whoever got the info was duped because they sure didn't get info that those guns would be used to kill the Border Patrol guy. Nothing is ever the fault of Obama and this crooked bunch on the Hill. I can't wait til the whole lot of them are gone and forgotten. Come on November and lets put the trash on the curb and get America back to being America!
ghytrf

Winchester, KY

#45453 Aug 14, 2012
Romney Ryan 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
The way Holder tells it he didn't have a clue so I guess he didn't get any info since he knew nothing about f&f. Whoever got the info was duped because they sure didn't get info that those guns would be used to kill the Border Patrol guy. Nothing is ever the fault of Obama and this crooked bunch on the Hill. I can't wait til the whole lot of them are gone and forgotten. Come on November and lets put the trash on the curb and get America back to being America!
ghyui
wtf

Richmond, KY

#45454 Aug 14, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Manifesto puts Hillary chief in Saudi plot
Huma Abedin worked for family institute tied to establishing Islamic America
Although President Obama lavishly praised her over the weekend as an “American patriot,” a manifesto commissioned by the ruling Saudi Arabian monarchy effectively places the work of an institute that employed Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s deputy chief of staff at the forefront of a grand plan to mobilize U.S. Muslim minorities to transform America into a Saudi-style Islamic state, according to an Arabic-language researcher.
Clinton’s top aide, Huma Abedin, was an assistant editor for a dozen years for the Journal of Muslim Minority Affairs for the Institute for Muslim Minority Affairs. The institute – founded by her late father and currently directed by her mother – is backed by the Muslim World League, an Islamic organization found in the Saudi holy city of Mecca that was founded by Muslim Brotherhood leaders.
http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/manifesto-puts-hil...
How delusional are you?
wtf

Richmond, KY

#45456 Aug 14, 2012
Romney Ryan 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like the treasonous W Days you dipshit?
wtf

Richmond, KY

#45457 Aug 14, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Mitt's 'damn-the-torpedoes!' decision
Pat Buchanan calls Paul Ryan 'a man of principles and conservative philosophy'
http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/mitts-damn-the-tor...
Rush: Economy to rocket with Ryan win
'The moment it's known that Obama's out of office'
http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/rush-economy-to-ro...
2017 for you dumbass and Lintball the Druggie.
whitehair

Fort Thomas, KY

#45458 Aug 14, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, yes, yes all I'm saying when he had a chance to use Gov't money given to him he accepted and put it use as he should! Why would he now want the Gov't to stop doing the same for others? I think it’s a reasonable question ...
Frank--It really is very simple.Congress made the laws.The SS# simply follows the rules.Ryan was just a young boy,his father passed away,,his Mother gave him the check the rule and laws gave her,for his up bringing.This is set up for all citizens.No, really it was established for the citizens that paid into it,not so sure any longer this applies.But you ,being a liberal,can find nothig wrong with this!The fact he saved that money and later used it to pay for his education,indicates a young man with greater intelligence and ability,with the foresight,than most.Thre surely can be no reason to question this.
Now the fact is,we are projecting into what Romney and Ryan will do with SS# and medicare.They have only begun to rationalize into this and Congress would have to question and discuss the best they can,as to that outcome.No matter what they come up with,it would be for the people and the best the gov`t could come up with.It would certainly be better than ObamaCare.Obamacare helps a few,hurts many,and certainly is unafordable.We,our Country,can not sustain more debt.
Now one more thing--if the laws and rules are here,made by previous leaders,and are there for the living ones at the time,should they not be used,and should they not be corrected as they find out needed changes.?
You fuss at Romney for using the rules and laws to avoid taxes.Why should these not be used.?We all do.They were put in for that purpose.Now that they have been used for years,is there a problem with changing the laws and rules,since we are learning they do not do the good intended?Should the loopholes we all know about not be used?Or,should thy be reconsidered,and perhaps done away withCongress will find it very hard to eliminate these as they also use them.Lobbysts,and special interests also should be removed,but will and liberal,or conservative do it?Not likely.It is now stated there are 90,000 pages to the tax law.I thought it was 18,000 but what do I know?Anyway,a simple tax code,a flat tax ,would eliminate all the need for personal reporting and seem to be better than now.
wtf

Richmond, KY

#45459 Aug 14, 2012
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Frank--It really is very simple.Congress made the laws.The SS# simply follows the rules.Ryan was just a young boy,his father passed away,,his Mother gave him the check the rule and laws gave her,for his up bringing.This is set up for all citizens.No, really it was established for the citizens that paid into it,not so sure any longer this applies.But you ,being a liberal,can find nothig wrong with this!The fact he saved that money and later used it to pay for his education,indicates a young man with greater intelligence and ability,with the foresight,than most.Thre surely can be no reason to question this.
Now the fact is,we are projecting into what Romney and Ryan will do with SS# and medicare.They have only begun to rationalize into this and Congress would have to question and discuss the best they can,as to that outcome.No matter what they come up with,it would be for the people and the best the gov`t could come up with.It would certainly be better than ObamaCare.Obamacare helps a few,hurts many,and certainly is unafordable.We,our Country,can not sustain more debt.
Now one more thing--if the laws and rules are here,made by previous leaders,and are there for the living ones at the time,should they not be used,and should they not be corrected as they find out needed changes.?
You fuss at Romney for using the rules and laws to avoid taxes.Why should these not be used.?We all do.They were put in for that purpose.Now that they have been used for years,is there a problem with changing the laws and rules,since we are learning they do not do the good intended?Should the loopholes we all know about not be used?Or,should thy be reconsidered,and perhaps done away withCongress will find it very hard to eliminate these as they also use them.Lobbysts,and special interests also should be removed,but will and liberal,or conservative do it?Not likely.It is now stated there are 90,000 pages to the tax law.I thought it was 18,000 but what do I know?Anyway,a simple tax code,a flat tax ,would eliminate all the need for personal reporting and seem to be better than now.
Ryan is just as dishonest as you, the Government paid for his education and now he wants to eliminate that for everyone else. Typical Repug.
whitehair

Fort Thomas, KY

#45461 Aug 14, 2012
There is a difference between wanting to change the way things work,and wanting to do away with the item altogether..If you swing a hammer and hurt your finger,do you give up the hammer or change your swing.?

My retirement is from my own investment(an annuity) as well as SS#.Now why would any simpleton want to do away with a good thing?But if that could be done better,what is wrong with a change for the better?.Just because you can not make the change,or,just because you might be cut off due to no need or paying into it,is no reason for the Country to continue!
You have failed the test of reading the proposals being made!!!
wtf

Richmond, KY

#45462 Aug 14, 2012
whitehair wrote:
There is a difference between wanting to change the way things work,and wanting to do away with the item altogether..If you swing a hammer and hurt your finger,do you give up the hammer or change your swing.?
My retirement is from my own investment(an annuity) as well as SS#.Now why would any simpleton want to do away with a good thing?But if that could be done better,what is wrong with a change for the better?.Just because you can not make the change,or,just because you might be cut off due to no need or paying into it,is no reason for the Country to continue!
You have failed the test of reading the proposals being made!!!
Ryan wants to eliminate SS Medicare and Medicai you gd Liar.
frank

Oakland, CA

#45463 Aug 14, 2012
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Frank --- I have been reading his web site, it's huge and takes time to go through it all, but I don't see anywhere where he says he doesn't want the same as he got for others. What he's saying and he is right is, we will not be able to sustain the path we are taking. Too many people on government aid, all kinds of government aid. Billion/Trillions all coming from people busting butt to make a living for themselves and their families. You can't keep taking from the haves and giving to the have-nots, it's resented by those who work hard and find it almost impossible to keep up themselves.
Obama wants to print money as we need it. He wants to legalize 1.8 million illegals to compete with those out job hunting now - and I know several people doing this right now - and the most they can get is part time. Who can live on four hours a day's salary?!! That puts these people on government assistance. And we go round and round spinning our wheels!
You folks who want to tax the small businesses scare them into not wanting to hire for fear that they won't be able to maintain their businesses. And if they can't they simply lay off and double the work load on those who are there. This is the real world, not the multi-multi- millionaires lifestyle these other folks live in.
What is it about we can't keep growing government and expect to ever get out of debt that some people just don't get? You and I can only spend up to our credit card limit. After that we pay huge penalties or we just ask for a few thousand more on the card to cover our over spending going further and further in debt. It's so simple. Government is doing this every minute of the day. Where do you think this kind of illogic spending is going to take us? Do you not worry about this?
Of course I do, and have done so for a couple of decades now as have many others. The idea that the T-bags and the GOPers have found a new issue is laughable; the policies they are proposing are entirely reactionary and have nothing to do with intelligent, practical and prudent governing. I supported Reagan for one reason and one reason only, his effort to reduce Govt’t and look what he and his party of buffoons did ... it was in fact, the Reagan administration that pushed the federal Gov’t into mega-spending mode. Look at the numbers, between Reagan, Bush I and Bush II they pushed the national debt to an unprecedented $ 9 Trilllion. You and I are in agreement except for the reactionary wingnuz BS! America needs a leader who can spell out what he or shy thinks a modern government should do or not do — and then how to pay for it. Knock on wood, the debate will push either Mr. Obama or Mr. Romney to do that. At the moment, neither seems to understand the central domestic challenge of the next presidency.

Here are some very sobering thoughts from the Economist:
http://www.economist.com/node/21559630
SYL

Ashland, KY

#45464 Aug 14, 2012
whitehair wrote:
Based on a report in newsmax,it is quite possible when the SCOTUS has finished the Sept-Oct court case ,the VP Biden may be -come President and that would not be any competition for Romney!!
I get news-max through e-mail, but missed that . I guess we can dream.
Jana

Ashland, KY

#45465 Aug 14, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>...some articles are saying, the drug lord caught, is talking a lot. saying, its not about "gun running" as much, rather holder traded guns for information. there are more and more info daily. that the truth is, trading info for guns.
Any ideal what info they wanted. ust pretty important.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 31 min CriminalForever 153,607
Raffles fixed at library 34 min Hillbilly housewife 44
Clowns 1 hr Rarely 17
ashley smith 1 hr yumyum 26
Sam Glidewell 2 hr Curious 1
Hit home 2 hr lol 2
Women who cheat with married men 2 hr lol 11
law chase 5 hr Gina 17

Albany Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Albany Mortgages