what happened to the manager at save ...

what happened to the manager at save a lot

Posted in the Albany Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
axle

East Bernstadt, KY

#1 Jul 24, 2008
have not seen the manager at save a lot does any one know what happened to him
same name

London, KY

#2 Jul 25, 2008
he quit

“Obama said the USA is "one ”

Since: Mar 08

nation under Allah"? PROVE IT!

#3 Jul 26, 2008
ive heard that that organization has an unwritten policy to boot people out after theyve been there a few years before they climb too high up the pay scale or build up too much retirement.I know several people who seems to have been really screwed by the company that runs the Savalot chain.
To Mojo

Lexington, KY

#4 Jul 26, 2008
That makes no sense being that Save-A-Lot is owned by IGA (formerly Houchens), and the man who managed Houchens before the current one was there from the time he was a young carry out boy, until he retired. Some things you may think you know, others, I am quite certain you need to research more before you post. This is one topic I do know more about than you.

“Obama said the USA is "one ”

Since: Mar 08

nation under Allah"? PROVE IT!

#5 Jul 27, 2008
i didnt ay they had always been like that going back to some kid that started in 1967 or whatever.Im talking about the company today and how its run....... and youve got but one example?let me know when someone else retires.

The way to tell if a place is good to work for is how big of a turnover they got----its no secret that places like Savalot and Jones restaurant are always looking for someone to work---theyve always got the help wanted sign out.What does that tell us?

All the 'research' I have is from speaking to people I know who worked for them got a raw deal.And I got more than one example , too.
To Mojo

Lexington, KY

#6 Jul 27, 2008
Ok, I will give you another example. His name is Barney, and he is currently working his last days in Burkesville, Ky, as he is retiring next month. He has been with the company (Houchens/Save-A-lot) for many years. I know his family well. Another, retiring from the same store, is Kenneth. So, again, just when you think you know everything, HMM, I guess maybe, just MAYBE, YOU DON'T!
Not being rude, but frankly, I am tired of seeing you post on every topic thinking you are posting the most educated response listed. There is a difference between an educated guess, and factual knowledge. Research that, and then we will talk. You are only as intelligent as others view you to be, the rest, is a figment of your own imagination.
albany info

Bath, MI

#7 Jul 27, 2008
I know him he is hard to satisfy, they tried everything to keep him but he is just a baby. he took it once quit took it again quit then transferred to celina and quit again. some people just cant be happy. maybe he need some real lovin
Dude

Manchester, KY

#9 Sep 30, 2010
Save A Lot is the WORST place anyone could work at in Albany. All the "big wigs" there think they are so amazing at their job. The only amazing thing is how they run that place like a bunch of dirty politicians.
Lakelover

United States

#10 Sep 30, 2010
To Mojo wrote:
That makes no sense being that Save-A-Lot is owned by IGA (formerly Houchens), and the man who managed Houchens before the current one was there from the time he was a young carry out boy, until he retired. Some things you may think you know, others, I am quite certain you need to research more before you post. This is one topic I do know more about than you.
IGA dose not own Save a Lot, Houchens Industries owns them both plus many more
Silver

Clinton, IA

#11 Oct 1, 2010
albany info wrote:
I know him he is hard to satisfy, they tried everything to keep him but he is just a baby. he took it once quit took it again quit then transferred to celina and quit again. some people just cant be happy. maybe he need some real lovin
One, this thread was started back in 08 and its talking about the store mgr. Not the asst.mgrs. This thread has absolutely nothing to do with me. You should use a little common sense before posting your dumb remarks. I quit everytime, by my own choosing, I was never fired. Its a good place to work, just not my stlye or taste and yeah...I am hard to satisfy.
joeblow

Clinton, IA

#12 Oct 1, 2010
This thread was about Jeff Robins, the head mgr... and then ACE took it over
Employ

Leechburg, PA

#13 Oct 1, 2010
joeblow wrote:
This thread was about Jeff Robins, the head mgr... and then ACE took it over
Jeff was a really good guy to work for...
another employee

Vilonia, AR

#14 Oct 2, 2010
go to www.houchensindustries.com and you will see why some of us love our job and the retirement we will have, you all will learn alot from this research
old man

Decorah, IA

#15 Oct 3, 2010
To Mojo wrote:
not all Save-A-lot stores are owned by IGA (Houchens). The one in Edmonton Isn't .
yes they are

Hazard, KY

#16 Oct 3, 2010
owned by all iga i know what i am talking about old man
old man

Decorah, IA

#17 Oct 3, 2010
yes they are wrote:
No you don't , all Save A Lot are not owned by IGA Houchens
Silver

Clinton, IA

#18 Oct 3, 2010
yes they are wrote:
Wrong! The Save-a-lot grocery chain is owned by its parent company...SUPERVALU. NOT IGA or Houchens IND. Houchens owns a handful of local save-alots, but they don't own most of the buildings, only the merchandise. Don Sidwell owns most of the buildings.

http://www.google.com/url...
Frequent Shopper

Baldwin City, KS

#19 Oct 3, 2010
I know this Save-A-Lot is part of the Houchens Organization but didn't a Company in Cookeville,Tennessee get it started here to begin with?(Gaw Brothers Produce maybe?).
yes it is

Manchester, KY

#20 Oct 4, 2010
all save a lot food stores is owned by iga or houchens you dont know what you are talking about
Info

Burkesville, KY

#21 Oct 4, 2010
yes it is wrote:
all save a lot food stores is owned by iga or houchens you dont know what you are talking about
The one in Russell Springs is independantally owned ask the manager

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biggest trouble makers in Albany 5 hr Louie 2
brandonandapril 5 hr Wtf 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 hr Duh 166,364
Beware. Jeffrey Riddle 9 hr austin 3
Best photographer for family pictures 14 hr picture 6
In love 15 hr a person 6
Ashley cowan fairchild 18 hr a guy 39

Albany Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance