Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81766 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

“Smokin”

Since: May 12

Strawberry Fields of Dreams

#70149 Sep 16, 2012
owl wrote:
<quoted text>
interesting stuff here wolf, check it out
http://www.reconnections.net/healing_with_sou...
Healing with Sound
Scientists have discovered an amazing fact about the sounds of the ebb and flow of ocean tides, people's voices, dolphin cries, and bird and cricket chirps. They sound the same! When researchers slow down voice recordings of people, they discover the people's voices sound like the ebb and flow of ocean tides. Then when researchers speed up the recordings, people's voices sound like dolphin cries. Speeded up more, like bird chirps. Even more like crickets. And guess what crickets chirps sound like slowed down? Yep. First like birds. Then dolphins. Then people
I guess that the one thing we all have in common is that we use sound waves (vibrations) to communicate.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#70150 Sep 16, 2012
I use a noise machine myself, not that it helps really. Mine plays the "train" sound. It's calming. The waves make me need to tinkle, and the chirping makes me need to stomp a cricket.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#70151 Sep 16, 2012
OK I'm gonna post a toad frog story from last night. It's kind of boring but I thought it was cool.

About ten days ago I noticed a toad frog hopping by my front door. It was about the size of 2/3 a pack of cigarettes. Reddish brown in color. I bent down to look at it and naturally it felt threatened and hopped away. Where I live one wouldn't expect to see a toad.

I hadn't seen the toad since the first time I saw it. Yesterday I told my sister and her roommate about the toad. Well last night I stepped out in front of my apartment to smoke a cigarette. I walked out and as I stopped to turn around to say something to my sister I noticed something on the ground move.

That toad had hopped out of the grass an was about ten or twelve inches from my foot. I nearly stepped on it. So I bent down to look at it and it didn't seem bothered. I reached out and poked at it, and he still didn't seem bothered.

So I tell my sister I'm gonna pick it up to see if it will chirp at me. I already decided it would probably just pi$$ at me. I held it up and sure enough it didn't pee, rather it just chirped at me 3 or 4 times. So I put it down and it just sat there for a while next to my feet like it wasn't even afraid, til I finally put in in a safer place.

Then it decided to go hopping off.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#70152 Sep 16, 2012
Would it probably be OK to post a few more true animal stories from my recent past?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#70153 Sep 16, 2012
owl wrote:
<quoted text>
interesting stuff here wolf, check it out
http://www.reconnections.net/healing_with_sou...
Healing with Sound
Scientists have discovered an amazing fact about the sounds of the ebb and flow of ocean tides, people's voices, dolphin cries, and bird and cricket chirps. They sound the same! When researchers slow down voice recordings of people, they discover the people's voices sound like the ebb and flow of ocean tides. Then when researchers speed up the recordings, people's voices sound like dolphin cries. Speeded up more, like bird chirps. Even more like crickets. And guess what crickets chirps sound like slowed down? Yep. First like birds. Then dolphins. Then people
Quite interesting. I recall when the rural electric came through here and the neighbors bought their first refridgerator and moved it from the kitchen to the back porch saying the sound disturbed their rest and they could no longer hear the crickets. My favorite resting noise is the hum of a small fan on my night table. The air movement also helps with breathing.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#70155 Sep 16, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Quite interesting. I recall when the rural electric came through here and the neighbors bought their first refridgerator and moved it from the kitchen to the back porch saying the sound disturbed their rest and they could no longer hear the crickets. My favorite resting noise is the hum of a small fan on my night table. The air movement also helps with breathing.
I too can only sleep with a fan on, even in the winter.

Location hidden

#70156 Sep 16, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
Would it probably be OK to post a few more true animal stories from my recent past?
Welcome home Blue

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#70160 Sep 16, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I do that too, but apparently that noise isn't enough so I have the train too.
wow

Belleville, IL

#70161 Sep 16, 2012
hmm
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#70162 Sep 16, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep 2 ceiling fans suspended from the cathedral ceiling and a bedside fan operating 24/7/365.... except when the power goes off LOL

Location hidden

#70163 Sep 16, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I keep 2 ceiling fans suspended from the cathedral ceiling and a bedside fan operating 24/7/365.... except when the power goes off LOL
The electric goes off and I wake up! Silence?

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#70164 Sep 16, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too.
kevin

Bowie, MD

#70165 Sep 16, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Gotta have that white noise.

Location hidden

#70166 Sep 16, 2012
kevin wrote:
<quoted text>Gotta have that white noise.
maybe I need a boyfriend that snores? Wonder if that works for white noise ?
kevin

Bowie, MD

#70168 Sep 16, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe I need a boyfriend that snores? Wonder if that works for white noise ?
It doesn't.

I had a girlfriend that snored,,,:D

Location hidden

#70169 Sep 16, 2012
kevin wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't.

I had a girlfriend that snored,,,:D
my dog snores. I'm like WTF?
Imposter

Somerset, KY

#70171 Sep 16, 2012
kevin wrote:
<quoted text>I think I'd do ya.
I ain't queer...
I'd just like to see the look on your face,
That was such a gay thing to say Ten Queers. Sick idea there, Pocahontas. You should probably pray on that one.
The First Church of Discount Sin has a humpaburn special this month.
One of the bus hoes might bring you back to the right team you little fairy princess you. Who was it that ran the show ? JB? JD I think it was. Go to the church drive through window and inquire for JD.

Location hidden

#70172 Sep 16, 2012
I'll take one for the team! Kevin has always sparked my interest.
It was lust at first type

Location hidden

#70176 Sep 16, 2012
Hi Una & imposter
Hope you are both having a lovely Sunday.
kevin

Bowie, MD

#70177 Sep 16, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
my dog snores. I'm like WTF?
Isn't that odd!

Her dog snored too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min Mike Duquette 138,560
kim and adam 38 min townie 1
cheatpost 38 min Facts jack 2
food 1 hr Seriously 52
DEA is in town! Who all got busted today!!??????? 1 hr lmao 8
haley c 2 hr juicy 1
Sam conner 2 hr advisor 5
More from around the web

Albany People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]