Albany Herald's New Changes
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 08

Albany, GA

#22 Apr 18, 2009
I don't like the changes they made to the obituary page on their website. If they would at least have the town listed with the name and date, then you wouldn't have to click on every single one just to find out they're from some far off town. Or if they would at least put the local ones first. Also they have several of them listed two and three times. I do like that the Letters to the Editor are online now... Of course I wish the Squawkbox was online, but they'd probably never sell another paper if they did that. Tht's probably the main reason some people have subscriptions.
bob

United States

#23 Jun 18, 2009
former reporter wrote:
I used to work for the Albany Herald. It is a terrible paper, but I can tell you there are no ASU grads there. Management would all kill themselves before they hired a black person.
man its all in your head about racism just darton is a better college and thats where the whits go
Rime M

Albany, GA

#24 Jun 22, 2009
I love TV's Big Switch. I can't get local programming at all, no matter how much I scan or turn the antenna. I refuse to subscribe to cable or satelite. The best part, I enjoying reading the Herald in peace and quiet.
cnythia sorrel

West Des Moines, IA

#25 Jun 25, 2009
why cant we read the squawk box with albany herald on line?
squawk

Excelsior, MN

#26 Jun 25, 2009
cnythia sorrel wrote:
why cant we read the squawk box with albany herald on line?
Thats the main reason anyone even buys the paper. The rest of it is old news that already been covered as nauseum by the time they print it and their liberal bias is kind of sickening.
Fred

Blakely, GA

#27 Jul 24, 2009
Where are you hypocrites that were sqawking about the body bags coming back home from the Bush administration? 31 of our troops came home this month under the idiot in "control" now. Haven't read one word about this in your paper.
GEORGE AKINS

Albany, GA

#28 Nov 13, 2009
BARBARA BEAUCHAMPS FAMILY HAS FOLLOWED HER MEAN VINDICTIVE WAYS BEEN CHARGED FOR EVERYTHING AND NONE REPORTED WHY? BARBARA IS A FINE GREESE HEADED PERSON. WONDER WHY SHE IS LOOSING HER FRIENDS SHE DOESNT KNOW HOW TO BE ONE.
GEORGE AKINS

Albany, GA

#29 Nov 13, 2009
IF ONLY THE BEAUCHAMPS WOULD LEAVE ALBANY AT LEAST THE BLACK WIDDOW BARB THE UNLOYAL RETARD.WHO WILL ALWAYS SAY WHAT DID I DO I HAVE 2 WORDS WOMAN SELF EXAMINATION
___godfearing___ _

United States

#30 Dec 8, 2009
why all the black and white talk?you god fearing ,sunday church going creeps?evil is evil, no matter what race or church,it"s in your heart no matter what your lips say,god knows all!!have mercy on you all.
fashionista

United States

#31 Jun 13, 2010
It's sad that despite the day and age we now live in, ignorance prevails along with stupidity. Albany has the most close-minded citizens around the state of Georgia. It's all about regression not progression in this area. Kudos to maladroited citizens of the "good life city", most ironic example for this fair city...
I Vote

Excelsior, MN

#32 Jun 18, 2010
Not sure that the paper can justify a 150% price increase. They remain a poor excuse for a newspaper. Can anyone show what they've done thats worth this increase?
sherry

Albany, GA

#33 Jun 7, 2011
To those who continually comment that the President is "black"; The president is neither black nor white. He is of mixed race and ethnicity. Thechnically, the president is mulatto. This means he is half white and he is half black. The president is highly educated and was raised by a white mother and white grandparents. His views are unbiased largely due to his upbringing. What really makes him different is the fact that he is a man if great integrity and character. What ignorant people think of him is of no consequence because he has the dignity that they lack.
Ava F_ Postell

United States

#34 Aug 20, 2012
Why is Rev. Lorenzo Heard seeking the school board seat? The only reason why he wants to "get involved" in education, is to attempt to knock Dr. Lane Price off her seat; because black voters know of his name in the "blacks only church" by their choice, and will ignorantly vote him in. Dr. Price was an educator and taught in the most critical areas in which DCSS secondary schools suffer in the most. What the "lump" does Rev. Heard wants to do rather "gonna" do with this title? He already has two churches and a church run residential compound. Rev. Heard is no better than anyone else he just want to shout in you face about what you aren't doing and take your dollar. Dr. Price is the answer and race is such an issue why would they even pay attention to the negativity. Whatever happened to " I'm gonna keep on walking, walking towards the freedom land?" And WFXL should become a real Fox news station exposing the squawk box views via telecast.;what the lump is going on here?"
Amy M - Albany Ga

Albany, GA

#35 Aug 30, 2012
I have three comments to make and I really,really want them in the squawkbox in the Albany Herald newspaper.Especially the first one it's all very true.Here are the comments. If you want to report animal abuse don't bother calling Dougherty County Animal Control.They do not care about animals.I will never call you people ever again.The second one is Just because you say you're a Christian doesn't mean you really are one.Most of the people I know who don't go to church are nicer than the ones who do.My neighbors go to church and there is not a thing about them that's Christ like and the same goes for a guy my Mom work's with that also claims to be Christian. The third comment is .If you are thinking about renting from DoLee Rentals do yourself a favor and don't.They do not care about their tenants.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man arrested third time for stalking (Jul '09) Sun concerned friend 41
Reverend Ray Johnson (Dec '14) Jun 29 Hectic55 2
News Albany Mayor: 'Studl misrepresents Albany...' H... (Jan '09) Jun 28 Albany Historian 2
Look at this !!! Jun 22 HHMMM 1
Review: Mills TV & Computer Repair Service (Aug '12) May '15 cbm 6
Janice Craft of Georgia Pecan Company in jail? (Sep '14) May '15 Mary 5
News Eight New Georgia Locations Added to Rush Truck... May '15 ghost filez 2
More from around the web

Albany People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Albany Mortgages