First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#1 Feb 6, 2008
I guess I will show my hillbilly self and state that I hate the changes to the Albany Herald cutting the comics in half. I just re-subscribed last month to have a paper that delivered in detail news that I already knew about, but provided services as the Squawk Box, Op-Ed page in full, Sports page, and COMICS! Now they have cut the comic section in half and I am going to quit them again. It took them 10 years to get me back as a customer, and now it takes 1 month to run me out. I swear sometimes that I am on a life-long running episode of the "Twilight Zone" when it comes to Albany,GA and how the leaders of this city run things.
Kubla Kahn

Leesburg, GA

#2 Feb 7, 2008
The Albany Herald sucks. There are misspellings and gramatical errors in every edition. I guess that's what happens when you staff a newspaper with Albany State graduates.
CBB

United States

#3 Mar 11, 2008
You can't trust anything you read in the Herald. They change the submissions to the Squawk Box, they refuse to publish "bad" stories about Phoebe Putney or the Mayor, and they publish inflamitory stories just to fire people up about something that's not even half true.
The latest victims of the Herald are employees of the City Public Works Department. Saturday they ran an editorial written by Asa Kelly III about tax dollars being wasted and he had a prime example... a fallen tree in his yard. He went on to complain about Public Works not responding to his calls, and once they did they supposedly told him that WG&L would respond faster than they could. The tree fell and damaged his property. 3 Supervisors spent their Saturday cleaning up the fallen tree in response to Mr. Kelly's letter.
They "sorted it out" on Monday... this is what happened:
Public Works told Mr. Kelly TWICE (including his March 6th call)that the tree was on private property and could NOT be removed by the city. The tree was 13.5 feet inside private property--that is now known to be owned by Mr. Kelly's homeowners association.
Now, due to the lies the Herald published, they now have to issue a recant story, and Mr. Kelly is being billed by the City for the cost of the removal.
Mr. Kelly was griping about how much tax money is wasted... well, he wasted a lot more and that is why he's going to be billed for the work--at probably 3 times what his homeowners Association would have had to pay and Mr. Kelly has to pay it now.
Me Me meeee

United States

#4 Mar 11, 2008
Kubla Kahn wrote:
The Albany Herald sucks. There are misspellings and gramatical errors in every edition. I guess that's what happens when you staff a newspaper with Albany State graduates.

REPLY NOOOOOOO u didnt dont diss ASU, it was probally Darton
Sneaky

United States

#5 Mar 14, 2008
Me Me meeee wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Either one sucks.
former reporter

United States

#6 Mar 26, 2008
I used to work for the Albany Herald. It is a terrible paper, but I can tell you there are no ASU grads there. Management would all kill themselves before they hired a black person.
CAT WOMAN

Arlington, GA

#7 Mar 27, 2008
my gosh, get over yourselves,who cares, except the person who applies for a job there.the are much more important issues at hand, like "running of the president"..... m now that is a subject all by itself... comment please..
Jason

United States

#8 Sep 15, 2008
Me Me meeee wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the best example.......
RMB

Valdosta, GA

#10 Sep 25, 2008
I would love to subscribe to the Sunday paper, but ONLY the Sunday paper. That is not one of their subscription options.

I also wish they would put the Squawkbox on their website.

Amen to the comment about spelling and grammatical errors... you would think educated journalists are above those kinds of mistakes.
mother for justice

United States

#11 Oct 26, 2008
Is Albany Recreation dept so hard for money and fame that they have unfair football coaches who prey on our young ones for their gain, stories of teams having 20-23 members playing with a team with less than that, being able to take a whole line off for rest would be nice for every team, but if you are going up against a team who does not have as many team members as you do, play the same amount, stop teaching children to spit on others, stop bringing your poor home training to the young children if you have to use foul language to get your point across you are in the wrong field, to some it is normal to others its mind boggling that you would lower your vocab to that level. Letís do what we are supposed to do and help mold a young mind, teaching them sky is the limit. Life is not fair, but we still have a choice to make a change for the better
you go girl

United States

#12 Oct 28, 2008
good points. everyone involved should read your post.

Since: Sep 08

Albany, GA

#13 Oct 28, 2008
mother for justice wrote:
Is Albany Recreation dept so hard for money and fame that they have unfair football coaches who prey on our young ones for their gain, stories of teams having 20-23 members playing with a team with less than that, being able to take a whole line off for rest would be nice for every team, but if you are going up against a team who does not have as many team members as you do, play the same amount, stop teaching children to spit on others, stop bringing your poor home training to the young children if you have to use foul language to get your point across you are in the wrong field, to some it is normal to others its mind boggling that you would lower your vocab to that level. Let&#8217;s do what we are supposed to do and help mold a young mind, teaching them sky is the limit. Life is not fair, but we still have a choice to make a change for the better
Focus.

FOOOOCCUUUSSSSSS!
Sunday Subscriber

Comer, GA

#14 Dec 4, 2008
RMB wrote:
I would love to subscribe to the Sunday paper, but ONLY the Sunday paper. That is not one of their subscription options.
I also wish they would put the Squawkbox on their website.
Amen to the comment about spelling and grammatical errors... you would think educated journalists are above those kinds of mistakes.
Of course the Herald has a Sunday Only subscription. I've had it delivered that way for over 2 years, and Holidays come with Sunday delivery at no extra charge.
Deepak Patel

United States

#15 Dec 4, 2008
Why did they change to that cheap smeary ink and hard-to-read font?
RMB

United States

#16 Dec 6, 2008
Sunday Subscriber wrote:
<quoted text>Of course the Herald has a Sunday Only subscription. I've had it delivered that way for over 2 years, and Holidays come with Sunday delivery at no extra charge.
According to the information on their website, the only two subscription options are daily, and Fri/Sat/Sun. If they do offer Sunday only, they should advertise it! I will call on Monday and ask about this -- thanks!
Donna

United States

#17 Dec 7, 2008
former reporter wrote:
I used to work for the Albany Herald. It is a terrible paper, but I can tell you there are no ASU grads there. Management would all kill themselves before they hired a black person.
"Used to" are the key words. You don't know that to be fact and excuse me reporters deal in facts right. Oh I guess not.
Sweet Cheeks

United States

#18 Dec 10, 2008
former reporter wrote:
Well I use to work for the Albany Herald too!! You ARE SO RIGHT!! The paper is HORRIBLE and the year I worked they laid me off as well as any other female that had a baby that year!! They are NOT FAIR and I should of sued them!!!! I WILL NOT WASTE my $$$$ on such a TERRIBLE PAPER!!! We need a BETTER NEWSPAPER!!
MSG

United States

#19 Jan 8, 2009
Willow Wood Apartments used to be nice but due to its very NEGATIVE neighborhood atmosphere it is one of the WORST in Albany!
carrie

United States

#20 Apr 17, 2009
former reporter wrote:
uh oh. not the black card again! didn't you hear the new president is black? you need to come up with a new excuse.
carrie

United States

#21 Apr 17, 2009
uh oh. not the black card again! didn't you hear the new president is black? you really need to come up with a new excuse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Albany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 min Synergy 55,405
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Mon The WB 2,055
Debate: Marijuana - Albany, GA (Aug '10) Sep 13 Trent Faircloth 40
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) Sep 5 faisha 186
black girls tribbing (Mar '13) Aug 27 sexyj6268 14
Gary Ferguson Aug 27 Anonymous 1
Lamar Reese Magnet School of the Arts Schoolwid... Aug 26 Reginald Sweet 1
•••
•••
•••

Albany Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Albany People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE