Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

More proof from Science: Tree-rings prove climate was WARMER in Roman and Medieval times than it is now - and world has been cooling for 2,000 years

Study of semi-fossilised trees gives accurate climate reading back to 138BC
World was warmer in Roman and Medieval times than it is now

How did the Romans grow grapes in northern England? Perhaps because it was warmer than we thought.

A study suggests the Britain of 2,000 years ago experienced a lengthy period of hotter summers than today.

German researchers used data from tree rings Ė a key indicator of past climate Ė to claim the world has been on a Ďlong-term cooling trendí for two millennia until the global warming of the twentieth century.

This cooling was punctuated by a couple of warm spells.

These are the Medieval Warm Period, which is well known, but also a period during the toga-wearing Roman times when temperatures were apparently 1 deg C warmer than now.

Read more, educate yourself: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/articl...

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>

again, you simply do not have enough information to discuss the topic
It's obvious that you don't. You might want to stick to the issue you seem to know best, homosexual marriage.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly...you believe politics as the truth. What is the agenda of politics? Money. wake up fool.
No I understand science, which requires no belief at all.

You donít have a clue, you refuse to have a clue.

you donít have enough facts to be involved in a conversations about this, you donít even understand the data we already have, instead you are searching websites with an agenda to spin it for you.

there is no point, fortunately, the people that need to know, already do.

I am not going to argue facts with you, if you wanted to discuss the implications of the facts that would be one thing, but you donít have enough facts to discuss even that.
Rush

Columbus, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

When you really look at it, we are just a pimple on a gnats a$$ in terms of time on this planet. The planet has heated up, and cooled off thousands of times. I has been hit by rocks that have killed off everyrhing, and has healed its self time and time again. As far as im concerned, 10000 years is hard to get a true read on the trends of the climate. When you look at the fact that the earth has been here 5 billion years, 10000 is like a second in time. The stuff we are doing to the planet is surely not helping, but it will heal again when it gets rid of us, and start over. Yes climate change is very real, but I think we are just along for the ride. I for one am going to enjoy it, and make my little slice as enjoyable as possible.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
No I understand science, which requires no belief at all.
You donít have a clue, you refuse to have a clue.
you donít have enough facts to be involved in a conversations about this, you donít even understand the data we already have, instead you are searching websites with an agenda to spin it for you.
there is no point, fortunately, the people that need to know, already do.
I am not going to argue facts with you, if you wanted to discuss the implications of the facts that would be one thing, but you donít have enough facts to discuss even that.
You argue like the Rev Gore and the politicians. Where there is no debate, it's absolute. I have been skeptical from the start since it was put out by politicians and government grants and paid scientists. The difference between us is that I don't buy into what a politician tells me flying around in private jets complaining about my car. I base my facts on scientists from around the world.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You argue like the Rev Gore and the politicians. Where there is no debate, it's absolute. I have been skeptical from the start since it was put out by politicians and government grants and paid scientists. The difference between us is that I don't buy into what a politician tells me flying around in private jets complaining about my car. I base my facts on scientists from around the world.
I have never seen the film you keep referencing.

I was involved in support the 1970's with drilling core samples in the Antarctic. They were telling me back then ( and I didnít believe it at the time ).

This is decades later and the facts are incontrovertible, confirmed over and over and over. Looked at from multiple disciplines of science.

you donít have the facts, and I am not about to argue facts with you.

you want to be ignorant? done... you are
FeddEX

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Whay are we all fed up with these crazy "out of towner" poster's anyway?

Move back to Taxass and enjoy the drought.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I was involved in support the 1970's with drilling core samples in the Antarctic. They were telling me back then ( and I didnít believe it at the time ).
This is decades later and the facts are incontrovertible, confirmed over and over and over. Looked at from multiple disciplines of science.
you donít have the facts, and I am not about to argue facts with you.
you want to be ignorant? done... you are
You are a liar, it was in the 70's that they predicted global cooling. What do you mean you were involved in support? Did you give a dollar? You and Gore and all the rest of the politicians don't want to argue the facts because you don't have any facts. You ignore the true facts.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back to the post, I didn't mention any film. Why do you lie so much?
Free WiFi

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Looks like the "out of towners poisters" gin mill has gotten into high gear, again!

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Did NASA really predict global cooling?

Indeed they did. At least, a handful of scientific papers discussed the possibility of a new ice age at some point in the future, leading to some pretty sensational media coverage The ice age that never was).

One of the sources of this idea may have been a 1971 paper by Stephen Schneider, then a climate researcher at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Maryland, US. Schneider's paper suggested that the cooling effect of dirty air could outweigh the warming effect of carbon dioxide, potentially leading to an ice age if aerosol pollution quadrupled.

This scenario was seen as plausible by many other scientists, as at the time the planet had been cooling.

More BS from NASA the government alarmists network. I remember their facts, just like today. Government needs to stop making others live in fear just to obtain more tax money.
Family tree

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

It's a well known secret, Douglas Tessitor married into the Colley Ford family has help the Colley family out of so many financial problems with his influence on the Glendora, california city council. Getting then Redevelopment monies on a couple time periods.

Money floats back around to his pockets sooner or later through his wife or a free vacation paid by the Colleys.

Calexico Police Officers noticed that the brand new Ford F-150 pickup truck, were able to trace the pickup to the (Glendora, California) Colley Ford dealership.

The Calexico police had to wake up the (Mayberry) Glendora Police of the grand theft auto from Douglas Tessitors family owned dealership.

Sounds like a inside job, someone was paying someone off and taking a insurance write off, isn't insurance one of Dougies side lines?
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You are a liar, it was in the 70's that they predicted global cooling. What do you mean you were involved in support? Did you give a dollar? You and Gore and all the rest of the politicians don't want to argue the facts because you don't have any facts. You ignore the true facts.
Wrong, I was on the coast guard cutter Burton Island with the scientists doing the core samples. It was secondary to our primary missing of breaking a channel to supply McMurdo Station

There were some people saying one thing and some saying another, and quite a few were talking about greenhouse gas increase. They didnít know, that was why they were taking deep core samples and storing them for analyses when they got back.

I didnít put a lot of stock in it at the time as I was pretty young and just there helping to supply the effort, but now later in life as we ( we meaning everyone except you ) know more it was surprising how some of them were correct.

You arenít going to get it, you have a political desire to not comprehend the data we have.

I am not going to argue facts with you, a fact is a fact. And you simply do not have enough information to discuss the subject.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, I was on the coast guard cutter Burton Island with the scientists doing the core samples. It was secondary to our primary missing of breaking a channel to supply McMurdo Station
There were some people saying one thing and some saying another, and quite a few were talking about greenhouse gas increase. They didnít know, that was why they were taking deep core samples and storing them for analyses when they got back.
I didnít put a lot of stock in it at the time as I was pretty young and just there helping to supply the effort, but now later in life as we ( we meaning everyone except you ) know more it was surprising how some of them were correct.
You arenít going to get it, you have a political desire to not comprehend the data we have.
I am not going to argue facts with you, a fact is a fact. And you simply do not have enough information to discuss the subject.
BS, did you look that up...lol....You have not argued any facts. Yes a fact is a fact. That's why I presented facts. Not NASA and Government paid studies. And you simply do not have any information to discuss the subject. You have no facts. I suggest you stick to your gay topic
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

No I was on the BI for Operation Deep Freeze 75 and 76

I told you I was a Golden Shellback, and a Blue nose and a Red nose
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>BS, did you look that up...lol....You have not argued any facts. Yes a fact is a fact. That's why I presented facts. Not NASA and Government paid studies. And you simply do not have any information to discuss the subject. You have no facts. I suggest you stick to your gay topic
again I wont argue facts, 1+1 does =2

as long as you donít think it is you are just an ignorant moron.

The fact is, we have global warming, there is no question about it, proven over and over and over by several disciplines of science.

The question is what is our relation to it, how much are we humans affecting it, we know for a fact that we are, the question is... how much.

I donít need to convince you, I wont argue with an ignorant moron, the people that need to know, already do, and people that use political entertainers to get their information from are ignorant by choice. Not my job to teach you.
Nugent lost

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Judged:

Ted Nugent is just a GOP comic book cock roach.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
again I wont argue facts, 1+1 does =2
as long as you donít think it is you are just an ignorant moron.
The fact is, we have global warming, there is no question about it, proven over and over and over by several disciplines of science.
The question is what is our relation to it, how much are we humans affecting it, we know for a fact that we are, the question is... how much.
I donít need to convince you, I wont argue with an ignorant moron, the people that need to know, already do, and people that use political entertainers to get their information from are ignorant by choice. Not my job to teach you.
Yes I agree, you are advanced in math. What does that prove? Nice facts...lol. It's only a fact for politicians and government paid grants that we have global warming, it was even changed to climate change to make the fools appear smart. Like the great Physicist from Denmark said, any warming is from the Sun. You and the politicians should stop alarming everyone to make things more expensive and bringing in more campaign money to the crooks. Answer this: Is Henrik Svensmark an entertainer? It's you that relies on people like the Rev Gore and Obama, Hollywood and the politicians from both sides to make it a fact in your mind. You are the Fool that get's your information from entertainers and you are ignorant by choice. Not my job to teach you..

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Big D wrote:
No I was on the BI for Operation Deep Freeze 75 and 76
I told you I was a Golden Shellback, and a Blue nose and a Red nose
Even if you were, it proves nothing in regards to this argument, you failed again.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Even if you were, it proves nothing in regards to this argument, you failed again.
It isnít an argument, there is no argument, it is already a known fact.

You donít have any facts, and I am not here to teach you.

The earth is warming, dramatically, faster and farther than any time in recorded history, and quite a bit faster than any time in extrapolated history using core samples and other methods for the last several thousand years.

If you donít know that... there is no basis for you to be in any conversation on the subject

You either know the facts, or are ignorant of the facts, there is no argument.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Albany Discussions

Search the Albany Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Elliot Rodgers Viral Superstar 4 hr lmao 20
Oakland 2014 Murder Rate. 4 hr OMF 68
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 9 hr mile high 200,324
san pablo news 9 hr Wendy 1
Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) 14 hr The Truth Hawk 16,850
Quan's Legacy. Wed Senior Frog 48
Why is there so much racism in Oakland? (Mar '12) Tue Black Man 46
•••
•••

Albany News Video

•••
•••

Albany Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••