Superstore "walmart"
aldisfell

AOL

#1 Sep 12, 2007
The advertisement long beforethis "superstore"was
built here was #1: when there are 6 costomers in line we open more registers. Has anyone gone to Walmart arund the first of the month? There is a 45 minute wait to be checked out, and Friendly service is un-heard of.
It was resently brough to my attention there is no longer a lay-away service for Walmarts because it is losing this store ,money.
When a lay away is made, you have to put a certain amount down and if you don't get your lay away out, it goes back on the shelves to be "sold again, this is loss of money?
What this is going to do for Walmart is put them out of business. Most people in this Valley can not afford to go out and buy $200-$300 worth of Christmas gifts and pay cash for it That is why there is a lay-away so they can shop early, put the purchases on lay away and make payments instead of not paying bills, or food or pay rent for that month.
This might not be a bad idea after all CHRISTmas is politically incorrect, so Walmart, thank you for thinking of the poor of this Valley, considering they don't need to spend money on a "holiday" that celibrates "snow"!
Bring K Mart back!
JAY

Hyde Park, MA

#2 Oct 22, 2007
Go to www.layawaysuperstore.com if you want to layaway items, they carry name brand products and you can place layaway orders online. Check them out
Anthony

Alamosa, CO

#3 Oct 25, 2007
I'm not a big Wal-Mart supporter, but I did want to clarify one thing. The removing of Lay-A-Way at Wal-Mart was a company wide transition and NOT something that the Alamosa store decided to do. The decision DID have to do with costs, but the decision was made at the corporate level and was undertaken at all stores. K-Mart, by the way, eliminated lay-a-way in their stores years ago, long before Wal=Mart. Now if you're talking about long lines, you're absolutely right about that one and they need to allocate more payroll to the stores.
aldisfell wrote:
The advertisement long beforethis "superstore"was
built here was #1: when there are 6 costomers in line we open more registers. Has anyone gone to Walmart arund the first of the month? There is a 45 minute wait to be checked out, and Friendly service is un-heard of.
It was resently brough to my attention there is no longer a lay-away service for Walmarts because it is losing this store ,money.
When a lay away is made, you have to put a certain amount down and if you don't get your lay away out, it goes back on the shelves to be "sold again, this is loss of money?
What this is going to do for Walmart is put them out of business. Most people in this Valley can not afford to go out and buy $200-$300 worth of Christmas gifts and pay cash for it That is why there is a lay-away so they can shop early, put the purchases on lay away and make payments instead of not paying bills, or food or pay rent for that month.
This might not be a bad idea after all CHRISTmas is politically incorrect, so Walmart, thank you for thinking of the poor of this Valley, considering they don't need to spend money on a "holiday" that celibrates "snow"!
Bring K Mart back!

“Pagan Pirates Unite!”

Since: Jan 07

Monte Vista

#4 Nov 15, 2007
We've all seen what Wal-mart does to downtown shops and markets. It kills our industries and makes the town poorer. We can't get much poorer here in the valley. I agree aldisfell, we need K-mart at least they kept the money inside the community. What little wages make their way out of wal-mart doesn't help our home much.
mekei

Brooklyn, NY

#5 May 4, 2009
idiot kmart still has layaways and never delted them.. get the facts right if you wanna argue
Scott

Avondale, AZ

#6 Jun 22, 2009
Walmart has long lines about all the time here in Phoenix (former La Jara native). It drives me nuts that stores (not just Walmart) have 20-30 registers and only 1/4 of them are ever open if even that many. I think the reason why is Cachers outside of management are some of the highest paid employees so they limit their number. Every time I go in Walmart it is a 10-15 minute wait to get checked out. The only store I've seen open more registers when people are standing in line is Petsmart some times does.
SLV resident

Colorado Springs, CO

#7 Nov 9, 2009
Walmart sucks! Bring a Target to the Valley...give Wally world some competition!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alamosa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Officer arrested on sex charges (Apr '06) Mar '17 Roy martinez 36
Grass Roots Government--by All for All. (Aug '16) Dec '16 modelearth 3
Let Us Do Something About the Future Now! Not A... (Nov '16) Nov '16 hearthstone 1
RMS Septic (Jul '14) Nov '16 William 3
subs (Oct '16) Oct '16 needAsub 1
Amendment 69 (Sep '16) Sep '16 happles 1
Pete Kampfer? (May '14) Aug '16 tex 4

Alamosa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Alamosa Mortgages