Colorado native to take helm at El Pa...

Colorado native to take helm at El Paso Times

There are 32 comments on the El Paso Times story from Oct 26, 2008, titled Colorado native to take helm at El Paso Times. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Chris Lopez, a 25-year veteran of daily newspapers who has held various leadership roles throughout his career and spearheaded coverage of some of the biggest news stories in the country, has been named editor ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ed medina

Torrance, CA

#25 Oct 26, 2008
Jake wrote:
<quoted text>
The Mexicans have a newspaper of their own, El Diario, so it would only be fair for non-hispanics to have a news source.
Jake, Anglos allready have more than they deserve.Get an education and work hard so you can be an Editor.
Obama4President

El Paso, TX

#27 Oct 26, 2008
El Paso Times has been a wannabe Republican biased newspaper. Just like San Antonio.

In spite of their population leaning towards the democratic side . Regardless you never hear the real story or facts. You get a lot of noise that means nothing or silence on issues..

EP TIMES needs a major overhaul and an IMAGE makeover. Shirts buttoned to the top and ties , and lose the gold chains hanging around some of these "managers" necks. This is not Saturday Night Fever era.

There also needs to be some major updating progressive coverage instead of the prehistoric slant.

Something more in line with the Denver Post will do.
rick

Garza GarcĂ­a, Mexico

#28 Oct 27, 2008
well I hope he helps out the newspaper delivery people,these guys are paid very little,some people signed their contracts when gas was 1.80 a gallon and made some profit,now gas prices are high and the newspaper won't raise the gas subsidy even when they are making millions off of the work the delivery people are doing.When you get your paper at your front door every morning,think of the person who works during the night driving to your neighborhood to deliver your paper,if you pay 15 bucks a month,the carrier only gets 3.
Joseph Vitagliano

El Paso, TX

#29 Oct 27, 2008
Hope he is different and doesn't write on the front page everything juarez mexico does like this bozos do.
Carlos

El Paso, TX

#30 Oct 27, 2008
rick wrote:
well I hope he helps out the newspaper delivery people,these guys are paid very little,some people signed their contracts when gas was 1.80 a gallon and made some profit,now gas prices are high and the newspaper won't raise the gas subsidy even when they are making millions off of the work the delivery people are doing.When you get your paper at your front door every morning,think of the person who works during the night driving to your neighborhood to deliver your paper,if you pay 15 bucks a month,the carrier only gets 3.
Why do you even bother placing commas within your sentences? You sound like a moron, aren't you the idiot that they supposedly stole a thousand dollars from?
Sal

East Elmhurst, NY

#31 Oct 27, 2008
Teresa why does he look like a Mexican native? People like this are the ones that prove to everyone that this country is still racist and that it has some of the stupidest people in the world. Besides if we are looking at natives, every anglo from the southwest is not a native, they invaded this part of the country, only real natives are brown people whether that is mexicans or native americans!
Teresa

El Paso, TX

#32 Oct 27, 2008
Sal wrote:
Teresa why does he look like a Mexican native? People like this are the ones that prove to everyone that this country is still racist and that it has some of the stupidest people in the world. Besides if we are looking at natives, every anglo from the southwest is not a native, they invaded this part of the country, only real natives are brown people whether that is mexicans or native americans!
Wrong! The brown natives lost the war. Real American natives are white and always will be.
California journo

Spartanburg, SC

#33 Oct 27, 2008
Having worked with Chris Lopez at the Contra Costa Times, I can assure you that he's no rubber stamp editor. He's a strong leader with a strong vision of where the newspapers under his direction should be and what needs to be done to get them there. I didn't always agree with his leadership style, but he earns the respect of the people he works with, and hopefully you all will give him the chance to earn yours. The El Paso Times will surely benefit from his presence.

Good luck to you, Chris!
JRW from Walnut Creek

Martinez, CA

#34 Oct 28, 2008
Jane wrote:
The Contra Costa Times is known for its pro-Mexican reconquista propaganda.
When I read Jane's comment I almost fell out my chair laughing. The Contra Costa Times is many things, but it is NOT "pro-Mexican reconquista propaganda," whatever the heck that means. Smack in the middle of a upper-middle class suburb of San Francisco that registers just about equal amounts of Republicans and Democrats, it reflects more its community viewpoint than anything else -- middle of the road politics, where the biggest local issue right now is whether there will be enough parking for a new Neiman Marcus store.
Gaser

Brownsville, TX

#35 Oct 28, 2008
JRW from Walnut Creek wrote:
<quoted text>
When I read Jane's comment I almost fell out my chair laughing. The Contra Costa Times is many things, but it is NOT "pro-Mexican reconquista propaganda," whatever the heck that means. Smack in the middle of a upper-middle class suburb of San Francisco that registers just about equal amounts of Republicans and Democrats, it reflects more its community viewpoint than anything else -- middle of the road politics, where the biggest local issue right now is whether there will be enough parking for a new Neiman Marcus store.
Thanks for tip. We don't want that here , We want proMexican, Reconquista , The Liberation of the Southwest type of people.
Teresa

El Paso, TX

#36 Oct 28, 2008
Gaser wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for tip. We don't want that here , We want proMexican, Reconquista , The Liberation of the Southwest type of people.
LOL! That will never happen, you idiot.
Gaser

Brownsville, TX

#37 Oct 28, 2008
Teresa wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! That will never happen, you idiot.
LOL , when did you get out of jail, and paid your bad checks?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alamosa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grass Roots Government--by All for All. Dec '16 modelearth 3
Let Us Do Something About the Future Now! Not A... Nov '16 hearthstone 1
RMS Septic (Jul '14) Nov '16 William 3
subs Oct '16 needAsub 1
Amendment 69 Sep '16 happles 1
Pete Kampfer? (May '14) Aug '16 tex 4
News Officer arrested on sex charges (Apr '06) Aug '16 APex 34

Alamosa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance