raising kids in alamosa

raising kids in alamosa

Posted in the Alamosa Forum

copper

Brownsville, TX

#1 Dec 18, 2009
Possibly moving to alamosa. We have two boys, 7 and 11. Whats the youth situation like? Are there gangs, etc? Are locals welcoming to other kids? Appreciate all honest input.
valley vox

Lamar, CO

#2 Jan 2, 2010
The schools in Alamosa are great. Some normal problems with drugs/alcohol/gangs but nothing like there is in a big city. The police keep it pretty much under control. Most of the kids I've seen or known seem pretty friendly to other kids. Alamosa is a great place to raise a family.
Concerned

Colorado Springs, CO

#3 Mar 12, 2010
Alamosa Schools are ok...Its the teachers that need to care more for the children. They need to teach and quit picking and choosing who they want to teach...All kids deserve to get help. Here it is not what you know....It's who you know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alamosa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ride a mountain train to some of Colorado's bes... Jul 13 Jill Johnson 1
Deradicalizing: Creating Global NGO Ombudsman Fora Jun '16 hearthstone 1
News Officer arrested on sex charges (Apr '06) Feb '16 Bobby Apadaca 29
Wipe out the Nightmare of Human lack (May '15) May '15 RockyMTJan 1
Pete Kampfer? (May '14) May '15 Tired of Oligarchs 3
Debate: Marijuana - Alamosa, CO (Feb '11) May '15 Sinky 5
News Baby weighing nearly 14 pounds born in Colorado (Dec '14) Dec '14 FTW Forever 7

Alamosa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Alamosa Mortgages