Proud to be a Democrat in Otero County

Proud to be a Democrat in Otero County

There are 3585 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from Mar 16, 2011, titled Proud to be a Democrat in Otero County. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

On March 26, the Democratic Party of Otero County will meet to select our county's State Central Committee members, along with a new county chairman and vice-chairman. It has been my honor to serve as the chairwoman in Otero County for the past two years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

LSentiss

Ada, OK

#2072 Jun 19, 2011
Here is how conservatives can beat the lefy Democrats across the country, and get us back on the right track.

Get candidates with a basic point: America First.

It is best for America to drill for oil here and build more oil refineries while creating new jobs and become free from her enemies in the middle east and South America; YES!

...it is best for America to empower corporations, companies, individual business owners to do what is best for them so they can hire; YES!

...it is best for America to encourage companies to manufacture here in the states by lessening taxes and regulations; YES!

...it is best for America to punish frivilous law suits against businesses, prisoners who want more peanut butter, or from those like the ACLU defending one offended person for not wanting to hear the word "God"; YES!

...it is best for America to divest our UN relationship; YES!

...it is best for America to lessen the power grip from government agencies that do not care about the advancement of America by seeminly caring for "higher causes" like the environment, alternative energy, peace activism, etc: YES!.

If we really cared about the environment, then we would all trust drilling for oil here in the USA for our world's environment than in the hands of our enemies like Iran, Venezuala and the like?

Simple steps that focus on what is best for America will improve our nation and our standing in the world.

We should not run from being the 800 pound gorilla...we should embrace it mightily.

Enough with the moronic left (Democrats) who want to tear the country down overnight.

Enough with the limpy right (Republicans) who want to follow a 5-year progam of tearing the country down.

We need principled conservative candidates who speak and act ONLY: America First!
Proud American

Tularosa, NM

#2073 Jun 19, 2011
"...It is best for America to drill for oil here and build more oil refineries while creating new jobs and become free from her enemies in the middle east and South America; YES!..."

You seem unaware of basic global economics. Oil and natural gas under the US does not belong to the US. It is merely added to the global market. So, some folks who care nothing for the Americans who live close to oil fields are more than willing to risk poisoning water, ground and air in order to provide oil to China and profits to oil industry executives.

We won't become free as long as we pursue reliance on fossil fuels, which IS what the energy policy written by oil execs wants. Someone who actually cares about Americans would push for research into alternative energy sources.
Proud American

Tularosa, NM

#2074 Jun 19, 2011
If we didn't have an organization made up of all the nations of the world, we'd have to create one.

The UN was begun to prevent unjustified wars. It was begun to protect the weakest powers against the most powerful nations. No wonder some citizens of the country that has started the most unjustified wars in the past 50 years doesn't want such an entity. Jesse James was anti-sheriff, too!

It reminds me of the way some family members of men convicted of domestic abuse disparage the legal system that created laws protecting the most vulnerable.
dragon82a

Metairie, LA

#2075 Jun 19, 2011
A great post from Daily Kos:

The Goodbye Glenn Beck Blues

Well I've been feeling kinda blue
Not really pleased with my attitude

Looking for something to do
Turn on my TV to see what can be viewed.

(chorus)

A guy with a blackboard without a clue
Says we're all fixing to get screwed

He tells me the whole worlds askew
Because of a guy he calls "Spooky Dude"

(chorus)

My spirit rises I feel fresh and new
This man really lifts my mood

It's so great the birds are singing too
Nothing in my life could be improved

(chorus)

What's that? He's saying he's through?
Now with Phox I want to start a feud.

It feels just like I have the stomach flu
And I want to run in the street nude.

(chorus)

Chorus:
I've got the good-by Glenn Beck blues!
Yes, I've got the good-by Glenn Beck blues!

Now I don't know what I'm going to do
When I need a pick me-up to get me through.
LSentiss

Ada, OK

#2076 Jun 19, 2011
I am well aware of world economies, and/ rich countries should not be tagged to those of lesser stature. Your feeling otherwise is myopic and in the long run foolish.

I wish that we lived in a world where we could all have jellied toast for breakfast and then put on a puppet show after a fun lunch of cucumber sandwiches, but that ain't the way it works.

The fact of the USA having gotten itself into a morass of treaties and trade agreements that somehow makes our natural resources such as oil and other minerals subservient to the wants of an African business man in Kenya is beyond appalling. It is traitorous and the passing politicians who arranged such deals should be immediately jailed.

Allowing things like NAFTA, CAFTA (SHAFTA!!) to exist, along with Most Favored Nation status for the likes of China has all but destroyed the US Economy, and makes the sole income to our own federal government it taxpayers. 50% of whom pay nothing, and -WORSE!!- are actually on the dole.

Meantime lefty's such as yourself wonder and rant that Social Security and Medicare are bankrupt...and bankrupting the USA!!

Bernie Madoff is an innocent man compared to our political class cretins. Were King, I would release M. Madoff today, and replace him with BHO, Bush(s), Reid, Peolosi, Frank, Schumer, and Bernanke.

As to the UN? This is nothing more than a cover organization for global pirates and political thieves, which has enabled some to the biggest global scams in the history of money.

The UN should be shuttered, that big pistol with the knot in its barrel used to make a Crappie Bed in upstate New Hampshire, and all the 'ambassadors' thrown out of the USA...after they pay their taxes to NYC.
Proud American wrote:
If we didn't have an organization made up of all the nations of the world, we'd have to create one.
The UN was begun to prevent unjustified wars. It was begun to protect the weakest powers against the most powerful nations. No wonder some citizens of the country that has started the most unjustified wars in the past 50 years doesn't want such an entity. Jesse James was anti-sheriff, too!
It reminds me of the way some family members of men convicted of domestic abuse disparage the legal system that created laws protecting the most vulnerable.
LSentiss

Ada, OK

#2077 Jun 19, 2011
...and yet another cut & paste. Man you guys are hung up on Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin. Almost a pathological thing. Shows your ignorance and shallow perceptions.

Worse, the Daily Kos is a step (big step) down from the Enquirer. Why don't you try The Economist or something? They are way left, but at least are not just re-boiling someone else's claptrap.

OBTW: I actually did read your 'Cows' post the other day. I had seen it before, and in some spheres it is even humorous, you must have a good mind if you can grasp the subtleties of such a tome. Why not use that intellect in your posts instead of cut & paste peppered with personal insults, and the prerequisite lefty smarm?

Seems like your time would be better spent at a campus coffee house, preppy bar, going to a movie, engaging in a work-study-intern program or something, but if you are going to post why not make it original?

Hey, I got a great idea for you..!!! Why not join the National Guard. Get your education for free, and learn to do a proper push-up in the meantime.
dragon82a wrote:
(chorus)
(chorus)
(chorus)
(chorus)
Chorus:
Gorky

Tularosa, NM

#2078 Jun 19, 2011
dragon82a wrote:
(chorus)
(chorus)
(chorus)
(chorus)
Chorus:
Another good one! Thanks.
LSentiss

Ada, OK

#2079 Jun 19, 2011
Oh, give it a rest Gorky.
Gorky wrote:
<quoted text>
Another good one! Thanks.
Gorky

Tularosa, NM

#2080 Jun 19, 2011
Joe The Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
The content here is about being a proud Democrat. I used to be, but after 2 years of Obama, Reid, and Pelosi, I am downright ashamed of what has happened to the county in liberal hands. At this point I have noone left to vote for. Votes won't heal these wounds. It's time to rise up and take this country forward. I would like to see a liberal version of the Tea Party. Maybe call it the Glee Party.
Joe this country hasn't been in the hands of liberals since FDR. Since then it has been the top 2% of our country's elites that created the American Money Party with a left wing and a right wing. They have run our country into the ground. Meanwhile people, such as yourself, complain about the left and those people, such as my self, complain about the right, leaving the real culprits, that top 2%, to do what they will. It's called divide and conquer, divide et impera. Look there for solutions and quit your childish bickering with people you should be joining in your own interest.
Proud American

Tularosa, NM

#2081 Jun 19, 2011
I think the biggest global scammers are those who pursue killing in unnecessary, unjustified wars. The war profiteers are the lowest because they trade human blood, killing, maiming for profits for themselves and their croneys.

I find 95% of elected Republicans and 35% of Democrats to be in this group based on the 'no' notes of the Iraqi War Resolution.

Those who want to trade our clean water for oil for Chinese as oil industry/execs make record profits/salaries are creeps, but not as bad as those who justify torture and killing for profits.

“Sockpuppets SUCK!”

Since: Oct 08

Where my house is

#2082 Jun 19, 2011
dragon82a wrote:
(chorus)
(chorus)
(chorus)
(chorus)
Chorus:
Sounds to me like someone has a "MAN-CRUSH" on someone else. At least with Sarah, I can see tha attraction. She is very easy on the male hetrosexual eyes, but to be THIS fixated on Mr. beck!???

WOW

Dude, get some assistance...

As for his future... I would guess that he is leaving FOX because he sees greener pastures elsewhere, so this will not be the end of Mr. Beck. Just like Mr. Olberman (who is now advertizing his new show that is starting soon), he will continie to load the airwaves with his brand of "right and wrong". Difference is, he will now probably be able to cut a bit more "free" in his opinions... I predict he will rise to the levels of the Hannity's, Levin's, and Savage's of hte airwaves..... Further enraging those on the EXTREME Left as he does with you an a daily basis..
In fact, just knowing that his words and opinions enrage you so, gives me a pleasent feeling... Maybe Mr. beck isn't all THAT bad after all!?? Too bad I will never know, as I still CHOSE not to listen to him... Who needs a fairness doctrine when "WE THE PEOPLE" still have the right to CHOSE what we want to hear on our own...?? Without government intervention and government fairness, like hte fairness in the tax codes and such

“Sockpuppets SUCK!”

Where my house is

#2083 Jun 19, 2011
Proud American wrote:
I think the biggest global scammers are those who pursue killing in unnecessary, unjustified wars. The war profiteers are the lowest because they trade human blood, killing, maiming for profits for themselves and their croneys.
I find 95% of elected Republicans and 35% of Democrats to be in this group based on the 'no' notes of the Iraqi War Resolution.
Those who want to trade our clean water for oil for Chinese as oil industry/execs make record profits/salaries are creeps, but not as bad as those who justify torture and killing for profits.
You mena like hte NEW unjustified wars in Libya, Yemen, and Syria???

Are those the wars you are are speaking about, or are you still suffering from BDS and refuse to call these current wars unjustified as well?

And what do you plan to put in your vehicles to travel to the stores and purchase food and supplies... Food and supplies that were trucked in via deisel burning vehicles..??? Last I checked, the Star Trek "Transporter" is not opperational, so we still need fossil fuels to get the things we need?? Or do you have a large garden in your back yard for food next to a stable that has cows for dairy products, surrounded by wind generators for power???

“Sockpuppets SUCK!”

Where my house is

#2084 Jun 19, 2011
Gorky wrote:
<quoted text>
To debate, you need two or more people involved in the subject. Most replies to dragon82a are centered around his delivery and not the content of his posts. The major complaint is that he uses cut and past, which almost everyone here, including myself, uses. Many without citations of the source, including myself. How about you all out there state your objections more to the content and less to the delivery.
I do... He refuses to debate outside of name calling and other things I mentioned in the other post...
I sometimes cut and paste, but almost ALWAYS cite the source...
I stated the objection to the claim (cut and paste) that we have less revenue each year to pay for roads...
I will guess that becuase he has no talking points for the FACTS I provided back that he will remain silent.

I also cited links where his own words shoed he wants to MURDER innocent famil members for the so-called crimes of the family. You casually refused to comment on thise FACTS as well.. I can only assume that it is because you refuse to be critical of liberals and extremists on YOUR side...

But go on feeling good about yourself and complementing a man that calls for murder and death of innocent family members... They say tyhat birds of a feather flock together, and YOU have sadi that refusal to speak about about an issue is actually acceptance of that same issue..(and those are YOUR words)...

Guess you support his position about hanging and dragging family members as well!?

“Sockpuppets SUCK!”

Where my house is

#2085 Jun 19, 2011
Gorky wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe this country hasn't been in the hands of liberals since FDR. Since then it has been the top 2% of our country's elites that created the American Money Party with a left wing and a right wing. They have run our country into the ground. Meanwhile people, such as yourself, complain about the left and those people, such as my self, complain about the right, leaving the real culprits, that top 2%, to do what they will. It's called divide and conquer, divide et impera. Look there for solutions and quit your childish bickering with people you should be joining in your own interest.
And that top 2% has been mostly under (D) control in the congress (outsides of 12 years recently)..
Congress creates government wealth and spends it... CONGRESS is the fault..... As for joining my own interest????? I did, by leaving the "PARTY"...
You should try it sometimes.... I can't believe you typed such a hypricritical statement!!! You, a man who brags about voting PARTY LINE, tells others how to stop bickering and join an interest?

LOL
random patrol link

Las Cruces, NM

#2086 Jun 19, 2011
Joe The Liberal

Tempe, AZ

#2087 Jun 19, 2011
Gorky wrote:
<quoted text>
Look there for solutions and quit your childish bickering with people you should be joining in your own interest.
Excuse me... you would lecture me? Take your own advise and stay with the topic and cut out the subjective comments. I have done more for the pursuit of a free America since breakfast than you will do in your life.

Shove it moron!
Joe The Liberal

Tempe, AZ

#2088 Jun 19, 2011
Proud American wrote:
We won't become free as long as we pursue reliance on fossil fuels, which IS what the energy policy written by oil execs wants. Someone who actually cares about Americans would push for research into alternative energy sources.
No matter what the alternative source is, it will create an alternative racket for "execs". The only way for you to "free" yourself from energy is to stop using it. That is a personal choice. Now get on with it and stop lecturing the rest of us.

I love fossil fuels. I loath stupid people.
Joe The Liberal

Tempe, AZ

#2089 Jun 19, 2011
Miken96 wrote:
<quoted text>
And that top 2% has been mostly under (D) control in the congress (outsides of 12 years recently)..
Congress creates government wealth and spends it... CONGRESS is the fault..... As for joining my own interest????? I did, by leaving the "PARTY"...
You should try it sometimes.... I can't believe you typed such a hypricritical statement!!! You, a man who brags about voting PARTY LINE, tells others how to stop bickering and join an interest?
LOL
Thank you. It is the mindless "Liberals" who are destroying America. You will know who they are when the vote for Obama AGAIN.
LSentiss

Ada, OK

#2090 Jun 19, 2011
Right on Joe.!!! A person after my own heart.

And you make a valid point. How does the left expect to get to rallies where than pound their drums, blow horns, and act out like the 'teachers' in Wisconsin demanding more and more of other peoples stuff, without gasoline to power vehicles, or electricity to light up their Motel-6 HQ's?

These lefty's are beyond pathetic.

One other point. You likely have done more to support the USA since breakfast, than Gorky et al have done their entire life.

Good posts.
Joe The Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter what the alternative source is, it will create an alternative racket for "execs". The only way for you to "free" yourself from energy is to stop using it. That is a personal choice. Now get on with it and stop lecturing the rest of us.
I love fossil fuels. I loath stupid people.
lowglow

Warrensburg, MO

#2091 Jun 19, 2011
Proud,

Historically, just about every War the USA has been involved in has been democrat led and I can not explain the reasons for this, but to be honest Conservative War Mongering is a recent historical change that does not meet the criteria of the Conservative movement, in fact historically Conservatives have been very anti-
war, and It's sad that todays Conservatives seem to have little problem backing Wars no matter what party starts it, but we are working very hard to bring back the Conservative anti-war platform.
Proud American wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alamogordo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Continues To Dismantle Obamacare 13 min Trapper 74 1
Schiff: Trump doesn’t want to release Dem memo ... 18 min Trapper 74 49
Russian Bots Retweeted Donald Trump 500,000 Tim... 19 min Trapper 74 51
I Listened... (May '17) 21 min Trapper 74 1,171
Most Admired 23 min Trapper 74 395
Trump directs DOJ to ban AR 15 bump stops 25 min Trapper 74 16
Why Hate Trump 26 min Trapper 74 11

Alamogordo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance