New evidence that global warming is BS
Lib

Alamogordo, NM

#5354 Feb 15, 2013
Gorky wrote:
<quoted text>
You mistakenly assumed that I was representing the party line of the Democratic Party when I was actually referring to real progressive people. President Obama is a middle of the road president who occasionally by mistake approves legislation supported by progressives. Neither parties approve of the progressives, so your statement is irrelevant to anything that really matters.
Obama is a far left wing liberal nut job. If unleashed he would do major damage to this country. God bless America..
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#5355 Feb 15, 2013
Lib wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is a far left wing liberal nut job. If unleashed he would do major damage to this country. God bless America..
You wish that the president were a far left wing liberal and a nut job when he is actually an intelligent, but middle of the road politician trying to please even the right wing. You are so far right of center you can't see the difference.
Lib

Alamogordo, NM

#5356 Feb 15, 2013
Gorky wrote:
<quoted text>
You wish that the president were a far left wing liberal and a nut job when he is actually an intelligent, but middle of the road politician trying to please even the right wing. You are so far right of center you can't see the difference.
He is not very intelligent. If he was he would have released his school records. He is an idealog, plain and simple like you. Obama has divided this country more now than I have ever seen in my life and you can not deny that..
It is Official

Alamogordo, NM

#5357 Feb 15, 2013
The meteor that hit Russia and this asteroid that is near Earth is due to Global Warming..
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#5358 Feb 15, 2013
Lib wrote:
<quoted text>He is not very intelligent. If he was he would have released his school records. He is an idealog, plain and simple like you. Obama has divided this country more now than I have ever seen in my life and you can not deny that..
I can and do deny that Obama has divided this country. You will have to look at yourself and the tea party for the source of division.
Divided

Alamogordo, NM

#5359 Feb 15, 2013
Gorky wrote:
<quoted text>
I can and do deny that Obama has divided this country. You will have to look at yourself and the tea party for the source of division.
OK, I will give you that but I never had to look at the Bush, Clinton, Bush, Regan, Carter party for division! What say YOU!
TRUE

Alamogordo, NM

#5360 Feb 15, 2013
It is Official wrote:
The meteor that hit Russia and this asteroid that is near Earth is due to Global Warming..
So true!
Julie Cole

Alamogordo, NM

#5361 Feb 15, 2013
So where is the proof that man has caused global warming. 5157 posts and still no proof.

Plenty of hot air.
His fault

Alamogordo, NM

#5362 Feb 16, 2013
It is Official wrote:
That meteor, asteroid and Global Warming wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't for BUSH..
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#5363 Feb 16, 2013
Julie Cole wrote:
So where is the proof that man has caused global warming. 5157 posts and still no proof.
Plenty of hot air.
Seek and you shall find.
CAROL

Alamogordo, NM

#5364 Feb 16, 2013
Julie Cole wrote:
Plenty of hot air.
There is no proof. This is a money grab like the Global Cooling of the 70's..
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#5365 Feb 16, 2013
Julie Cole wrote:
Plenty of hot air.
The proof has been there from the beginning. You have turned a blind eye to the evidence.

The following is a short list of evidence depositories.

The National Geographic Society
NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies
United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
U.S. Global Change Research Program
The National Climatic Data Center
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
Arctic Monitoring and Assessment Programme ("AMAP")
The United States Navy

What is your denial of global warming based on?
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#5366 Feb 16, 2013
Divided wrote:
<quoted text>OK, I will give you that but I never had to look at the Bush, Clinton, Bush, Regan, Carter party for division! What say YOU!
I agree: All 5 were moderates compared to the tea-party.
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#5367 Feb 17, 2013
It is worthwhile noting that scientists, by nature, are skeptics. It takes a long time, with evidence from many sources, with peer-reviewed journals as a filter, for scientists to become convinced.

However, once a scientific result becomes established, contrary claims are treated with with the same skepticism. Contrarians misinterpret this fundamental aspect of science. They misrepresent scientific standards by complaining that their ideas are suppressed by a "scientific establishment".

Climate change taken seriously by insurance industry, study says.

December 14, 2012|By Kenneth R. Weis

A fire sparked by Superstorm Sandy ripped through the Breezy Point area of Queens in New York. Scientists say the powerful punch of such storms will be more commonplace with climate change.

Paying out billions of dollars here and billions of dollars there has made the global insurance industry a believer in climate change, according to a new study that shows insurance companies are staunch advocates for reducing carbon emissions and minimizing the risk posed by increasingly severe weather events.

“Climate change stands as a stress test for insurance, the world’s largest industry with U.S.$4.6 trillion in revenues, 7% of the global economy,” writes Evan Mills, a scientist at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory at the UC Berkeley campus.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/dec/14/scien...
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#5368 Feb 19, 2013
Climate change means more blizzards and less snow. This will be fun!

A warmer atmosphere can hold, and dump, more moisture, snow experts say. And two soon-to-be-published studies demonstrate how there can be more giant blizzards yet less snow overall each year. Projections are that that’s likely to continue with manmade global warming.…

Ten climate scientists say the idea of less snow and more blizzards makes sense: A warmer world is likely to decrease the overall amount of snow falling each year and shrink the snow season. But when it is cold enough for a snowstorm to hit, the slightly warmer air is often carrying more moisture, producing potentially historic blizzards.

"Strong snowstorms thrive on the ragged edge of temperature — warm enough for the air to hold lots of moisture, meaning lots of precipitation, but just cold enough for it to fall as snow,” said Mark Serreze, director of the National Snow and Ice Data Center.“Increasingly, it seems that we’re on that ragged edge.”
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#5369 Feb 20, 2013
GENEVA—A new report from the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change warned Monday that global warming is likely to become completely irreversible if no successful effort is made to slow down the trend before 2006.

Unless greenhouse-gas emissions are drastically reduced by then, the report concludes, it will be too late to avoid inflicting a grave environmental catastrophe upon future generations.

"We have absolutely no time to waste," said Dr. William Tumminelli, lead author of the report, which stresses it is utterly crucial the world cut its carbon footprint in half by the year 2000. "If we wait until 1998 or even 1995 to really start doing something about climate change, our planet's rising temperature will already have set in motion a series of devastating and irreparable long-term consequences. We need to have strict international rules in place well ahead of 2006 or, to be blunt, many of the earth's inhabitants will be doomed."

"The situation could not possibly be more urgent," Tumminelli added.

The IPCC report—the most comprehensive study of its kind ever undertaken—estimates the failure to address global warming immediately could result in sea levels rising 6 inches by the end of the 20th century, 2000-2009 being the hottest decade ever recorded, and roughly half the Arctic ice cap melting by 2011.
OK OK

Alamogordo, NM

#5370 Feb 20, 2013
Gorky wrote:
GENEVA—A new report from the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change warned Monday that global warming is likely to become completely irreversible if no successful effort is made to slow down the trend before 2006.
Unless greenhouse-gas emissions are drastically reduced by then, the report concludes, it will be too late to avoid inflicting a grave environmental catastrophe upon future generations.
"We have absolutely no time to waste," said Dr. William Tumminelli, lead author of the report, which stresses it is utterly crucial the world cut its carbon footprint in half by the year 2000. "If we wait until 1998 or even 1995 to really start doing something about climate change, our planet's rising temperature will already have set in motion a series of devastating and irreparable long-term consequences. We need to have strict international rules in place well ahead of 2006 or, to be blunt, many of the earth's inhabitants will be doomed."
"The situation could not possibly be more urgent," Tumminelli added.
The IPCC report—the most comprehensive study of its kind ever undertaken—estimates the failure to address global warming immediately could result in sea levels rising 6 inches by the end of the 20th century, 2000-2009 being the hottest decade ever recorded, and roughly half the Arctic ice cap melting by 2011.
I will give you the attention you so desire. After 5 post in a row from you who could resist. I didn't read a one of them because they will all no doubt return to your left wing agenda. At least you got this global warming BS back up to the top of the thread and you got a little attention from me little man..
Gorky

Albuquerque, NM

#5371 Feb 21, 2013
I think that we have reached the point where every rational person who believes in making decisions based on science and available data should, if not fully believe that human beings are warming the planet by releasing greenhouse gases, at least recognize that this is what the data seem to suggest and that it is what the vast majority of scientists who study weather believe to be the case.

Recognizing this does not force anyone to oppose pipelines, support a carbon tax, or start composting and wearing hemp shoes. It just opens us up to start aiming our fiery furnace of a political system at actually solving our problems.

Go ahead, argue that the economic cost of anti-greenhouse measures doesn’t justify the benefit, especially if the planet is getting too hot. Argue that we should look for technical solutions not only to reduce carbon dioxide and methane emissions but not to suck the stuff out of the atmosphere – although then you might find yourself standing with Bill Gates and calling for more investment in R&D. If you want to wade into the science, argue that the worst-case scenarios are overstatements.

OKOK, I think that by my reply (should you bother to read it) you realize that I am not addressing these posts to you or to anyone who has no interest in, or knowledge of, basic science. You are under no obligation whatsoever to inform yourself, become a liberal, or in anyway to become aware of your environment. That said, I am curious as to why you should reply at all?
Old Timer

Alamogordo, NM

#5372 Feb 21, 2013
Yep Man is causing global warming on other planets too...
Nixon

Cloudcroft, NM

#5373 Feb 21, 2013
Old Timer wrote:
Yep Man is causing global warming on other planets too...
better to be suspected a fool rather than open your mouth and prove it to all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alamogordo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where Does the Carbon Dioxide Really Come From? 18 min Ralph mouth 5
Unisex Bathrooms With Multi-Stalls 3 hr Wake Up Call 37
Poor Hillary 3 hr Wake Up Call 278
Joke of the day. 3 hr Wake Up Call 189
Gay Activist Falls Apart Over Islamic Support 5 hr And 40
Obama Achieves Another Historical First 5 hr And 8
Not surprised 18 hr GladysSmith 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Alamogordo Mortgages