Otero County Commission actions

Otero County Commission actions

Posted in the Alamogordo Forum

Reporter

United States

#1 Jan 3, 2011
The 2011 Otero County Commission was sworn in and seated today.

Ronny Rardin - Chairman (term expires 12/2012)
Susan Flores - Vice-Chair (term expires 12/2014)
Tommy Herrell - Member (term expires 12/2014)

Jan 3, 2011 meeting. Not too eventful.
Rardin was chosen by the other two as the Chariman. The others are too green to handle it and it.

The meeting times were changed to during the day @1PM which for many will be difficult to come and keep an eye on their local government. They used the reasoning that those living in the farthest reaches of the county won't like leaving a meeting and going home late. This leads to fewer people attending meetings, becasue those who pay the taxes are most likely working for them at that time. This will come back to them by complaints.

Bill Burt was chosen as the pick for NM State Senator by the Commission to replace Dianna Duran. Duran chose Melynn Patillo in a submitted letter. Now the new Governor has to decide to go with the commission's recommendation or go with Dianna Duran's pick. It will be interesting.

An executive session was called at the end of the meeting to discuss among others personnel matters. This might have to do with a scandalous hiring, promotion, termination and potential re-hiring of an probable, unqualified person who has a relative in another office close by. The County Manager is mis-managing his people and I would not give him six months to continue.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#2 Jan 3, 2011
Some things just do not change..

Too bad about the meeting time changing..But there are other ways to fix this slick maneuvering ploy of serving the people.
HULA

United States

#3 Jan 5, 2011
I have heard that the county manager might ask for an enormous raise. In the neighborhood of $40,000. He currently gets $100,000 and a car. That would be a huge raise for a guy who should have been axed by now. His contract is up each January, now. Keep an eye on this. The new commissioners may not be wise to how bad a move this would be. He is a weak manager with a small clique of favorites, ask around.

Some big positions have retired or quit with the new board taking office. It would seem they are unwilling to work in that environment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alamogordo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lock and Load (Oct '15) 2 hr Tinman 35
I Listened... (May '17) 2 hr Good Luck 1,158
Mullier just indicted 13 Russians ties to Trump 2 hr Dittoe 20
the apocalypse 2 hr Dittoe 14
America’s Biggest Hypocrites: Evangelical Chris... 2 hr Dittoe 1
GOP lawmaker: Vote Republicans out of office if... 2 hr Dittoe 1
Tony Perkins: Evangelicals Gave Trump a Do-Over 2 hr Dittoe 1

Alamogordo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance