Tigers lose to Carlsbad on the road

Tigers lose to Carlsbad on the road

There are 24 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from Jan 11, 2011, titled Tigers lose to Carlsbad on the road. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

Playing without two key starters, the Alamogordo boys basketball team lost 64-41on the road to the 3-10 Carlsbad Cavemen Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
cypius

United States

#1 Jan 12, 2011
What happend to Harold Jackson and Garrett Stockton last night,are they hurt??
bystander

Alamogordo, NM

#2 Jan 12, 2011
Both were hurt previously, but should be back soon.
almost not enough

Alamogordo, NM

#3 Jan 12, 2011
they aint all that the team just had a off night and bad refs
almost not enough

Alamogordo, NM

#4 Jan 12, 2011
cypius wrote:
What happend to Harold Jackson and Garrett Stockton last night,are they hurt??
read the article! By the way the tigers can do without stockton g
bystander

Alamogordo, NM

#5 Jan 13, 2011
almost not enough wrote:
they aint all that the team just had a off night and bad refs
Why is it bad reffing when the team loses?
fan

Rio Rancho, NM

#6 Jan 13, 2011
bystander wrote:
<quoted text>Why is it bad reffing when the team loses?
You most likely were not at the game or you would agree that the refs were bad down in Carlsbad. The Tigers fav 5 had an off day and shalk been off for games now time for a change on this starting 5 group cmon madden let these kids play their offense and why dont you just coach the defense cause your offensive plays suck.
Trippin

Santa Fe, NM

#7 Jan 13, 2011
Bad reffing? The Tigers went to the line 31 times! Their problem was they only made 17 of those 31!!!!
bystander

Alamogordo, NM

#8 Jan 13, 2011
If they went to the line 31 times and they only made 17, they need to do some freethrow practice. It sounds like the refs were bad both ways, so there is no way you can say the refs "lost" the game for them. They had a potential 62 shots from the FT line and only made 17.
Ol Tiger

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Jan 13, 2011
We don't have height, we were injured, we had an off day, the referees cheated us, we only shot 31 free throws, we haven't played well, our fav 5????
All excuses, all the time. I tried to tell everyone not to get excited about getting into the championship of our own tournament, the weakest ever perhaps. So many of you have judged our program on early wins against very , very weak teams. I commented on a forum that the real test of where we are as a team would come after the holiday tournaments. Carlsbad is not a good team. They crushed us!!!! Many of the very average teams we have played have been able to compete with us. Madden would have us believe that we are capable against great teams, and don't perform well against weaker teams. Both of those are fallacies. We have not played any great teams. Albuquerque, West Mesa, nor Clovis will win state, nor will any of them be in the final. They are average 5A teams, and there are at least two teams in our district, if not three , that are better than any of them.
It is no different with the girl's program. I saw an excuse that they are too young to win. So I did more research, and found that they have played five teams with at least one freshman , four teams with at least two freshmen, three teams with at least three freshmen, six teams with as many sophomores. It is not that we are losing, we are not even competing, and not getting better anywhere.
bystander

Alamogordo, NM

#10 Jan 13, 2011
Ol Tiger wrote:
We don't have height, we were injured, we had an off day, the referees cheated us, we only shot 31 free throws, we haven't played well, our fav 5????
All excuses, all the time. I tried to tell everyone not to get excited about getting into the championship of our own tournament, the weakest ever perhaps. So many of you have judged our program on early wins against very , very weak teams. I commented on a forum that the real test of where we are as a team would come after the holiday tournaments. Carlsbad is not a good team. They crushed us!!!! Many of the very average teams we have played have been able to compete with us. Madden would have us believe that we are capable against great teams, and don't perform well against weaker teams. Both of those are fallacies. We have not played any great teams. Albuquerque, West Mesa, nor Clovis will win state, nor will any of them be in the final. They are average 5A teams, and there are at least two teams in our district, if not three , that are better than any of them.
It is no different with the girl's program. I saw an excuse that they are too young to win. So I did more research, and found that they have played five teams with at least one freshman , four teams with at least two freshmen, three teams with at least three freshmen, six teams with as many sophomores. It is not that we are losing, we are not even competing, and not getting better anywhere.
So I'm not the only one here that see's what you are seeing. When is Slick Johnson going to see the same thing? When is his boss going to see the lack of an athletic program, and send him packing?
Mike

La Luz, NM

#11 Jan 13, 2011
Gee, they have the 'ref' excuse for all sports in this town. I've lived here over 20 years and it's ALWAYS the refs! Soccer, basketball, football: always the same excuse. The newest one: other schools have more quality athletes to choose from. Maybe the coaches just need to learn how to develop the athletes we have! And how to recognize talent.
most of them

Rio Rancho, NM

#12 Jan 13, 2011
Its true they suck at all levels with refs, all sports.
most of them

Rio Rancho, NM

#13 Jan 13, 2011
The refs officiating games---- only a few of them know what they are doing---- most of them need to go through a course pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for the sake of all the HS sports.

AMEN>
bystander

Alamogordo, NM

#14 Jan 13, 2011
most of them wrote:
The refs officiating games---- only a few of them know what they are doing---- most of them need to go through a course pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for the sake of all the HS sports.
AMEN>
I believe they all go through the "course" and are certified to ref. Maybe you would be a great candidate to be a future ref. What do coaches have to do to be "certified"? Maybe they need to go to "the course", oyu ever think of that? Or how about the "refs" in the stands should be educated on what the REAL rules are, and how to apply them to the game being played.
Rat Killa

United States

#15 Jan 14, 2011
most of them wrote:
The refs officiating games---- only a few of them know what they are doing---- most of them need to go through a course pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for the sake of all the HS sports.
AMEN>
Simple solution, Step Up or Shut Up!

Since: Jul 08

Alamogordo, NM

#16 Jan 14, 2011
Rat Killa wrote:
<quoted text>Simple solution, Step Up or Shut Up!
I second that. THere are too many people around here that complain about the refs but very few have the cajones to cross the line and see what it is like.
almost not enough

Alamogordo, NM

#18 Jan 14, 2011
WildBill_4242 wrote:
<quoted text>I second that. THere are too many people around here that complain about the refs but very few have the cajones to cross the line and see what it is like.
Yes Mr. Bill you are probly one of those who completed a ref course and stink at the ref job! Also you do get paid for each game you ref so do your job!!! And start calling the game correct.
almost not enough

Alamogordo, NM

#19 Jan 14, 2011
Rat Killa wrote:
<quoted text>Simple solution, Step Up or Shut Up!
To old to be a ref but I know the game.
almost not enough

Alamogordo, NM

#20 Jan 14, 2011
bystander wrote:
<quoted text>I believe they all go through the "course" and are certified to ref. Maybe you would be a great candidate to be a future ref. What do coaches have to do to be "certified"? Maybe they need to go to "the course", oyu ever think of that? Or how about the "refs" in the stands should be educated on what the REAL rules are, and how to apply them to the game being played.
That doent mean a thing, look at the way the officiate the games at the HS level.
almost not enough

Alamogordo, NM

#21 Jan 14, 2011
Mike wrote:
Gee, they have the 'ref' excuse for all sports in this town. I've lived here over 20 years and it's ALWAYS the refs! Soccer, basketball, football: always the same excuse. The newest one: other schools have more quality athletes to choose from. Maybe the coaches just need to learn how to develop the athletes we have! And how to recognize talent.
yeap they most of the refs suck in all sports in alamo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alamogordo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Please, Before YOu Vote, You Need to Remember 1 hr Observe 20
Dangerous Democrats 1 hr Ralph 1
Poor Hillary 1 hr Ralph 484
Grandpa says' 1 hr Ralph 313
Joke of the day. (Jan '16) 1 hr Ralph 310
Fox News is a Big Joke 1 hr Ralph 183
Putin's Amercan Commrade: Manafort 1 hr Ralph 11

Alamogordo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Alamogordo Mortgages