First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Our nearest star”

Since: May 09

Alamogordo, NM

#1 Apr 12, 2012
Alamogordo public works director removed

Alamogordo Public Works director Bill Watson was removed from his position Wednesday.

"This is his last day with the city in his capacity as Public Works director slash city engineer," city manager Mark Roath said Wednesday.

When asked if Watson was fired, Roath said, "You could reasonably deduct that."

City attorney Stephen Thies didn't say the reason Watson was removed from his position but said Watson was an "at will employee" and the city didn't need a reason to end his employment.

Watson declined to comment for this story.

Including Watson, three high-ranking city officials have been terminated or resigned in the last two weeks. Finance director Ernie Bussell and assistant city manager Mark Threadgill both tendered their resignations with the city.

Attempts to reach Threadgill were unsuccessful, but Bussell said he resigned because his position with the city was "untenable."

Roath said at the Alamogordo City Commission's Tuesday meeting that management information systems manager Mark Graham has been named interim finance director.

Roath said operations in the Public Works department would continue as usual and there is a meeting scheduled for next week to discuss a successor. He said the empty assistant manager spot would not be filled "at this time."

Roath said the timing of the three people leaving is coincidence.

"All three individuals left for different reasons," Roath said. "Two of the individuals left voluntarily. One left at the direction of the city. None of the three are related."

http://www.alamogordonews.com/ci_20377355/cit...

Personally, I think Mr. Watson seemed a bit arrogant when it came to dealing with the public. Good riddance!
teppupkcos

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Apr 12, 2012
Takes an arrogant SOB to know one.
WARRIOR

United States

#3 Apr 13, 2012
"WATSON, come here"

Funny all these city employes are leaving.....coincidence?
Double Down

Rio Rancho, NM

#4 Apr 14, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
"WATSON, come here"
Funny all these city employes are leaving.....coincidence?
No coincidence. More like Spring cleaning and removing obstacles and liabilities.

Since: Oct 08

#5 Apr 14, 2012
does this means the roads will get repaired
Ralph

Alamogordo, NM

#6 Apr 14, 2012
Police Chief retires early, and 3 other Dept heads are gone within a very short time frame.

Now the city manager is the new guy on the block, Is his style of management causing waves?

“Our nearest star”

Alamogordo, NM

#7 Apr 14, 2012
Skuttlebutt wrote:
does this means the roads will get repaired
I was told there was not enough funds for that but they can put in a splash park??
teppupkcos

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Apr 14, 2012
Maybe we'll find out now why Sammy Trujillo made such a speedy and unheralded retirement move to El Paso?

There's lots of dirt under the surface of this town.
Cleaning time has arrived.
Ralph

Alamogordo, NM

#9 Apr 14, 2012
Remember in the paper it mentioned that the entire DPS dept is being reviewed by an outside agency, that the city has hired, Maybe Sam left for a reason that is unknown....
Do a follow up

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Apr 14, 2012
Back in May of 2005 the newspaper wrote an article about the 'mass exodus' of employees. At that time, the city was losing about 25% of its employees every year. That's very high for government. Why doesn't the newspaper do a follow up to see how many employees are still leaving each year? Apparently there's a problem, because the ones who are leaving are the good ones.

#11 Apr 14, 2012
BarbMoore wrote:
<quoted text>
I was told there was not enough funds for that but they can put in a splash park??
thought the splash park was voted down but was that only for washington park...well they did the tennis courts after that was turned down by the voters...why have elections!

“Our nearest star”

Artesia, NM

#12 Apr 14, 2012
Skuttlebutt wrote:
<quoted text>
thought the splash park was voted down but was that only for washington park...well they did the tennis courts after that was turned down by the voters...why have elections!
It was approved just this past Tuesday. I think the article about it was in Thursday's paper.

#13 Apr 14, 2012
BarbMoore wrote:
<quoted text>
It was approved just this past Tuesday. I think the article about it was in Thursday's paper.
what I was talking about is when all this stuff was on the ballot for funding with the 150' flap pole and the citizens voted all that stuff down. These are all typical politicians who will do what ever they damn well please and the heck with what the people say. More money down the rat hole!!

“Our nearest star”

Alamogordo, NM

#14 Apr 15, 2012
Skuttlebutt wrote:
<quoted text>
what I was talking about is when all this stuff was on the ballot for funding with the 150' flap pole and the citizens voted all that stuff down. These are all typical politicians who will do what ever they damn well please and the heck with what the people say. More money down the rat hole!!
You really think you have a voice when you vote in a bond election? LOL, silly skuttlebutt!
Resident

Alamogordo, NM

#15 Apr 15, 2012
Skuttlebutt wrote:
<quoted text>
If they don't get what they want through a bond, they just raise the mill levy!
vegas vic

Phoenix, AZ

#16 Apr 18, 2012
I personally worked for Watson in vegas prior to him going to NM. All I can say is it was great to see him gone. Arrogant is an understatement. And the fact that he was fired is 100 percent KARMA!!!!!!! SUCK IT WATSON
Old Barb

Alamogordo, NM

#17 Apr 18, 2012
BarbMoore wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again (what else is new) proving on this site that you are an OLD FART barb !!!

“Our nearest star”

Alamogordo, NM

#18 Apr 18, 2012
Old Barb wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again (what else is new) proving on this site that you are an OLD FART barb !!!
Ok Carol, I am against the splash park whenever the city roads are shit and the citizens are constantly required to ration watering our lawns.
Old Barb

Alamogordo, NM

#19 Apr 18, 2012
BarbMoore wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Carol, I am against the splash park whenever the city roads are shit and the citizens are constantly required to ration watering our lawns.
Old Barb, yes the roads are shit as i'll give you that however you're always against the youth having more to do here as you are just a mean prematuring aging old lady !!!

“Our nearest star”

Alamogordo, NM

#20 Apr 18, 2012
Old Barb wrote:
<quoted text>
Old Barb, yes the roads are shit as i'll give you that however you're always against the youth having more to do here as you are just a mean prematuring aging old lady !!!
The city needs to get it's priortiies straight.
You think it's fair for the city to waste water to allow the kiddos to splash around but you can't water your yard on Mondays?
Think, you old bat...think!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alamogordo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Overnight We Became a Monarchy 1 hr Yeah 6
North Korea 1 hr Yeah 11
Without Democrat Support 2 hr Nope 28
Private Prisons in Bosie 2 hr Ralph 4
Time to pay your BO fine 2 hr Ralph 6
Dare to Call It Sun Ralph 27
Sewer water used for soccer fields in alamo? Sun Ralph 46

Alamogordo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance