Woman arrested on drug charges

Woman arrested on drug charges

There are 42 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from Oct 15, 2008, titled Woman arrested on drug charges. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

On Friday, Oct. 10, Agents from the Otero County Narcotics Enforcement Unit served a 12th Judicial District Court search warrant at 811 Third St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wanna bet

United States

#1 Oct 15, 2008
This is sad. I would expect this from someone younger not a grandmother. And to be near a school. Wonder if she was using her grandchildren to sale it. You know by having the kids bring people over. Either way I hope the book is thrown at her. But we all know that she will probably not see any jail time. She will be out in no time.
what

United States

#2 Oct 15, 2008
No retirement plan?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#3 Oct 15, 2008
No wonder there are so many "nice" cars running around a town where poverty is just about the norm, unemployment at high figures and really, no future but to distribute weed.
kit

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Oct 15, 2008
downinthelowlands wrote:
No wonder there are so many "nice" cars running around a town where poverty is just about the norm, unemployment at high figures and really, no future but to distribute weed.
I can't believe you people in Alamo don't know about the huge drug problem here that is kept under wraps...politics...La Luz is the drug small capital of the world!
Shawna

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Oct 15, 2008
Oh come on!!!! 1.7 pounds? Sounds like personal use to me, maybe she has glaucoma!
jeffygirl

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Oct 15, 2008
wow what a surprise.........NOT! GOes to show how much people think they can get away and in a school zone.
Gaser

United States

#7 Oct 15, 2008
This Town is about the size of The Rip-offlicans Attack Dog with Lip Stick.
Tour de Force

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Oct 15, 2008
If you think that old folks have to sell dope to supplement their retirement now, just wait 'til nobama becomes president

“Ends never justify means”

Since: Dec 07

Alamogordo

#9 Oct 15, 2008
Well, I would suggest this woman arrange a meeting with Heidi Stringfellow. Your punishment it seems strictly depends on who you sell to. Get the right people addicted to the hard drugs and never worry about spending a day in jail no matter what you are arrested for. You have to wonder why the "war on drugs" has such unequal justice when the drugs in question are cocaine and heroine.
Just a readeer

Cloudcroft, NM

#10 Oct 15, 2008
This article makes me so mad! When a young kid is in trouble for drugs and stuff its percieved differently, they are young and stupid and are not heading int he right path. We hope that they will see the error of their ways and head in a differnet direction. Tell me how someone 67 years old does not know that this is wrong!!! Was she selling to the kids in this school? If so why are the laws for selling to minors not tougher than the law for selling to an adult? This lady needs to realize that being 67 years old makes it even worse to be up on drug charges...
Steve Bell

Fairfield, CT

#11 Oct 15, 2008
selling dope near a school and kids...I recommend the death penalty. Why house and feed a person that shows no value for anyone else?
concerned parent

Alamogordo, NM

#12 Oct 15, 2008
what about all the drugs being dealt by persons already turned in by concerned citizens in tularosa. These drugs are being sold from a house across the street from both the elementary and intermediate schools in Tulie. The Tulie police and the narcotics enforcement have been told on several occations and yet nothing seems to be done about it the known drug dealer is still running the streets in a newer gold nissan car and this person has no job to beable to afford that car.
concerned citizen
her guy

Fairfield, CT

#13 Oct 15, 2008
concerned parent wrote:
what about all the drugs being dealt by persons already turned in by concerned citizens in tularosa. These drugs are being sold from a house across the street from both the elementary and intermediate schools in Tulie. The Tulie police and the narcotics enforcement have been told on several occations and yet nothing seems to be done about it the known drug dealer is still running the streets in a newer gold nissan car and this person has no job to beable to afford that car.
concerned citizen
Suggestion: set up a video camera on a tripod, it doesn't even have to be on, just point it towards the house and then call the police to come to your house for a disturbance. Show them the camera in full view of the druggie scum and just smile and wave!
Just Me

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Oct 15, 2008
Shawna wrote:
Oh come on!!!! 1.7 pounds? Sounds like personal use to me, maybe she has glaucoma!
1.7 pounds of marijuana is alot and way too much for personal use. That would make a whole lot of bags to sell. If she had glaucoma, all she had to do is show the police the information. She would never receive that much per prescription. This woman has probably been a dealer for years and got away with it because of her age. No one suspects a grandma of doing that. She knows better and should do prison time.
Just Me

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Oct 15, 2008
Queen of Foo wrote:
Well, I would suggest this woman arrange a meeting with Heidi Stringfellow. Your punishment it seems strictly depends on who you sell to. Get the right people addicted to the hard drugs and never worry about spending a day in jail no matter what you are arrested for. You have to wonder why the "war on drugs" has such unequal justice when the drugs in question are cocaine and heroine.
That I know is true too Queen. Not with just drugs either. I know people in high positions with the city who drive drunk alot. It's 'overlooked" because of who they are. I've seen that firsthand too. Cop kids get away with crimes. That I've seen first hand too. It's all about who you are and who you know in this town.

“Valkyrie”

Since: Feb 08

Alamogordo

#16 Oct 15, 2008
It's who you are and who you know in EVERY city and town, Just Me.

Since: Jul 08

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Oct 15, 2008
1.7 pounds is not that much. If she was selling she must of just got it. And the pound wouldn't of lasted that long anyway. I would understand if they found hundreds of pounds. Then she would of been in business for awhile which then makes it horrible that it was by a school. Im not saying what she did was right. But she wasn't some top drug dealer. We need to find those guys.
Bewildered

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Oct 15, 2008
concerned parent wrote:
concerned citizen
Because the drug dealer is the informant for the cops. You give me names and we'll let you operate.
wanna bet

United States

#19 Oct 15, 2008
her guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Suggestion: set up a video camera on a tripod, it doesn't even have to be on, just point it towards the house and then call the police to come to your house for a disturbance. Show them the camera in full view of the druggie scum and just smile and wave!
If they do this we might be reading about a murder in Tule. Drug dealers can be very vindictive.
dumbfounded

Rio Rancho, NM

#20 Oct 15, 2008
jenniferpinto wrote:
1.7 pounds is not that much. If she was selling she must of just got it. And the pound wouldn't of lasted that long anyway. I would understand if they found hundreds of pounds. Then she would of been in business for awhile which then makes it horrible that it was by a school. Im not saying what she did was right. But she wasn't some top drug dealer. We need to find those guys.
How do you figure she must of just got it? Maybe she had hundreds of pounds and was down to her last 1.7 pounds when busted. Then could we consider her a top drug dealer?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alamogordo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clinton Camp Worried About Bernie Sanders Stron... 3 hr Sarah 6
Isis 4 hr Campaign Manager 110
New evidence that global warming is BS (Nov '09) 5 hr Land Locked Sailor 7,880
Burger King Nasty 7 hr Eula Resident 6
Republican Problems 17 hr Trumpt us 12
The Old Conoco Gas Station? Mon Observe 20
Another Violent Weekend In Chicago Mon Fromthere 2
More from around the web

Alamogordo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE