Alcohol may be factor in fatal crash ...

Alcohol may be factor in fatal crash on U.S. 70

There are 466 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from May 8, 2010, titled Alcohol may be factor in fatal crash on U.S. 70. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Alcohol - not speed - contributed to a four-vehicle crash Friday night that killed two Las Cruces men, according to New Mexico State Police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

KARMA baby

Germany

#498 May 17, 2010
Good Point wrote:
<quoted text>
.
Germany has one of the highest amounts of drunk driving accidents in the World. They also have a month-long festival which emphasizes drinking alcohol. This is to show drinking is worldwide.
.
Not true! I live in germany and they have very strict driving laws and are very responsible when they drink. Yes they have the fests but they take trains and ride buses or take taxies. Several accidents are caused by americans that live here.... not all ok.
Portales NM

Rio Rancho, NM

#499 May 17, 2010
I would just like to inform everyone that Andy Walters was not the uncle of baby brianna he was the father who abused her brutally!
Portales NM

Rio Rancho, NM

#500 May 17, 2010
I know this because I went to high school with stephanie lopez and steven lopez who were twins and stephanie is the mother of baby brianna who also abused her along with andy walters the father. The mother and uncle grew up in portales then moved to las cruces to live with andy walters in a trailer with andys mother who did not report the abuse of her grandchild by her own son. If you read on the main page the people have corrected this error. I just have to say their is a thing called Karma and I didnt even think andy should have been released from prison but apparently he was and now is dead. Poor baby brianna is now resting in peace and walking with Jesus not hurting anymore. Let us not judge the people who abused her because God is the only judge.
informative

Huntsville, AL

#501 May 17, 2010
Portales NM wrote:
I know this because I went to high school with stephanie lopez and steven lopez who were twins and stephanie is the mother of baby brianna who also abused her along with andy walters the father. The mother and uncle grew up in portales then moved to las cruces to live with andy walters in a trailer with andys mother who did not report the abuse of her grandchild by her own son. If you read on the main page the people have corrected this error. I just have to say their is a thing called Karma and I didnt even think andy should have been released from prison but apparently he was and now is dead. Poor baby brianna is now resting in peace and walking with Jesus not hurting anymore. Let us not judge the people who abused her because God is the only judge.
I agree with your views, although it was Robert (Andy's brother) that died in the accident. That is who people are directing the hate at
Good Point

El Paso, TX

#502 May 18, 2010
KARMA baby wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true! I live in germany and they have very strict driving laws and are very responsible when they drink. Yes they have the fests but they take trains and ride buses or take taxies. Several accidents are caused by americans that live here.... not all ok.
.

Mistaken! Drinking is a problem worldwide. It is not only your home country. The problem exists worldwide. People in every country could say the same thing. Most countries around the world have trains, buses, and taxis. Most countries have these modes of transportation available to the citizens.

Which Americans? If your talking of America specify. If you are talking US citizens then post it. These is an inflammatory remark which most of the American countries in this hemisphere despise.

Many accidents are caused by foreign citizens in all countries. Just because your from a particular country does not mean a problem is Not there. Most of all don't assume if you are from a particular country - The problem does not exist. Citizens of all countries cause accidents.

Not OK...

.
Good Point

El Paso, TX

#503 May 18, 2010
Portales NM wrote:
I know this because I went to high school with stephanie lopez and steven lopez who were twins and stephanie is the mother of baby brianna who also abused her along with andy walters the father. The mother and uncle grew up in portales then moved to las cruces to live with andy walters in a trailer with andys mother who did not report the abuse of her grandchild by her own son. If you read on the main page the people have corrected this error. I just have to say their is a thing called Karma and I didnt even think andy should have been released from prison but apparently he was and now is dead. Poor baby brianna is now resting in peace and walking with Jesus not hurting anymore. Let us not judge the people who abused her because God is the only judge.
.
Portales NM:
Didn't know the past with those two criminals. Correct on the father and where they lived and who they lived with at the time. Karma also happens to people who are hypocrites on this thread and who throw stones when they are guilty of seeing crimes in the past that could have been reported. Most of us have seen some kind of abuse or known about it.

Andy, the twins Stephanie & Steven have NOT been released. They will all probably live the rest of their lives in prison. Now the Grandma and the other brother who passed away here on this article were released and only found guilty of not reporting prior abuse. The Grandma and him did Not know of the extent of the abuse or witnessed or knew of the horrific crimes that did occur that fateful night.

The last sentence of your post is a good post. It should be repeated:

Let us not judge the people who abused her because God is the only judge.(by Portales, NM)

Peace...

.
hcgmcpo

United States

#506 May 18, 2010
The IT dept. really needs to use an online font that contains at least an 'n' with a tilde. "Officer Mu-oz," while not completely disrespectful, is not acceptable. Considering our enviable demographics, the digital News Sun without a tilde font is like a Moscow newspaper without a Cyrillic font.

v/r - jb
Not a Phelps

Las Cruces, NM

#507 May 18, 2010
Muñoz
Not a Phelps

Las Cruces, NM

#508 May 18, 2010
hcgmcpo wrote:
The IT dept. really needs to use an online font that contains at least an 'n' with a tilde. "Officer Mu-oz," while not completely disrespectful, is not acceptable. Considering our enviable demographics, the digital News Sun without a tilde font is like a Moscow newspaper without a Cyrillic font.
v/r - jb
I understand what you're saying about the newspaper not doing justice with their inability to fix the problem, but is it too much to ask for you to use the correct spelling too?

Muñoz Muñoz Muñoz Muñoz
hcgmcpo

United States

#509 May 18, 2010
Thanks, not phelps, you made my point. I just want the correct spelling to display. Mu-oz is how it appeared on my screen when I clicked on the article. And my screen displays the tildes in your posts just fine - so how come not theirs if they use one? I was obviously presuming they don't, but I'd love to be wrong about that and blame it all on Bill Gates or Steve Jobs.

v/r - jb
Les Crawford

Fort Smith, AR

#510 May 18, 2010
Not a Phelps wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what you're saying about the newspaper not doing justice with their inability to fix the problem, but is it too much to ask for you to use the correct spelling too?
Muñoz Muñoz Muñoz Muñoz
You must purchase toilet paper by the case weekly. It is obvious which part of your body is your main focus.
Get a life. Better yet, take a one-way Greyhound trip as far away as you can get.
Veteran

El Paso, TX

#511 May 18, 2010
pcluis wrote:
Not very respectful on the part of the Sun news to include the baby brianna case. I knew Robert from a previous job and can say that he was not a bad person. My condolences to his family.
Why was it disrespestful? It was part of his criminal past as is often written in these kinds of articles. I am not a mean or mean spirited person but in this case he got what he deserved. Baby Briana did not even get half a chance to a life, did she?
Bob

El Paso, TX

#512 May 18, 2010
Not a Phelps wrote:
Muñoz
How did you do that sign on top of the n?
Marina

Beaumaris, Australia

#513 May 19, 2010
Karma is a bitch and will get everyone that failed Brianna that includes Briannas granny Patricia Walters. Robert was not a nice person he did not have a heart if he did then he would have protected that poor baby. I dont care what his reasons were for not reporting child abuse cos there is just no excause - you do not let a baby get raped over and over under your roof. he watched Brianna get abused and did nothing and for that he deserved a painful death just like she got one but unfortunately had a easy and quick death. rote in hell Robert there is no excause for what you did. Brianna couldn't run from the abuse but she had you and Patricia but you did nothing for her. I wish Andy stephanie and steven the worse painful slow death in the world. animals dont even treat their kind like the way they all treated Brianna. Patrick Harding is another uncle of Brianna who has a myspace page i have sent him a message about removing the cage and giving Brianna a proper burial that she deserves so anyone that cares for this baby please get to Patrick Harding
Marina

Beaumaris, Australia

#514 May 19, 2010
Patrick Harding is another uncle of Brianna lopez who has a myspace page. I have sent him a message about removing the cage from Briannas grave. if anyone cares for this baby please get to Patrick Harding at myspace or go to baby Brianna Lopez facebook 3 to get his deatils. he is 16 years old now. at the time of Briannas death he was 8 and living with her aswell
informative

Huntsville, AL

#515 May 19, 2010
Marina wrote:
Patrick Harding is another uncle of Brianna lopez who has a myspace page. I have sent him a message about removing the cage from Briannas grave. if anyone cares for this baby please get to Patrick Harding at myspace or go to baby Brianna Lopez facebook 3 to get his deatils. he is 16 years old now. at the time of Briannas death he was 8 and living with her aswell
This is despicable!!!! Do you not think that this child has enough nightmares to deal with??? A dead niece, a dead brother, another brother in jail hopefully for life for killing his own child...who knows what memories of horrific things being inflicted on his neice??? Leave this boy alone, just being able to have somewhat of a normal life has got to be challenging enough. People at school, society as a whole...this was the most tasteless posting yet.
Veteran

El Paso, TX

#516 May 19, 2010
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you do that sign on top of the n?
Hold the ALT Key and press numbers 164, I know this because I have one in my last name.
Priscilla C

Huntsville, AL

#518 May 19, 2010
Its pretty sad and disappointing to know you feel that mentioning his (walters) crimes is appropriate or of any importance in this matter. Have respect and sympathy for the family rather- he did just die!
Priscilla C

Huntsville, AL

#519 May 19, 2010
WTF wrote:
Are you serious? Jaywalking????? Are you comparing jaywalking to abusing and raping and killing a baby?
OK then I have nothing else to say. You really are crazy.
Your a DUMB BITCH saying he deserved this and good thing it happened.. he's goig to hell.. blah blah then you throw a verse from the Bible?! are you serious? You really need to go to church. Who are you to judge???????
informative

Huntsville, AL

#520 May 19, 2010
Just a question, but have any of you that think you know all of the facts bothered to go on Topix and read up on Susana Martinez ???? She is not quite the person that you all might think. As you are condemning Robert, you should check the shady lady that prosecuted him. Try "Susana Martinez, her true M.O." you might realize that everything you think you know might not be as true as she or the media has made you believe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alamogordo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 18 min Phillip 7,117
Why ? 27 min Laughing 28
B.O. is fading away. 1 hr Ralph 3
Chump Joke of the Day 1 hr Ralph 236
Joke of the day. (Jan '16) 1 hr Ralph 586
Grandpa says' (Jan '16) 1 hr Ralph 578
Mad Dog 1 hr Ralph 62

Alamogordo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Alamogordo Mortgages