Woman: Mom was harassed over vote

Full story: Alamogordo Daily News

ALBUQUERQUE A woman has filed a complaint claiming her 67-year-old mother was reduced to tears by a man who told her he was a private investigator with ties to the state Republican Party and questioned her ...
Comments
61 - 80 of 83 Comments Last updated Nov 2, 2008
Jennie

Placitas, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#63
Oct 24, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Franky Boy wrote:
There is a more realistic possibility that these are democrats pretending to be republicans. Colin Powell for example!
You got it right. This is a tactic the Democrats use.

“I LOVE President Barack Obama”

Since: Dec 07

NWIllinois-now-High Rolls, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64
Oct 24, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Jennie wrote:
I guess I could have had my story in the Newspaper
too, if I would have reported the young Black lady
that came to my door...
I don't think I ever recall someone posting of a young "White" lady coming to someone's door.

The fact that you mention she is Black, with a capital B, pretty much tells about where you stand with race. Sorta reminds me of the girl in Pennsylvania that says a black man attacked her and carved a letter B on her face, only to find out the next day it was a hoax supported by the McCain campaign. Bigot.

Since: May 08

Tularosa, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65
Oct 24, 2008
 
Unknown wrote:
You are correct in your assumptions. A non-partisan organization posted on the cnsnews website that a have found that Acorn and other such Liberal organizations have committed voter fraud and covered it up. Also, they did find that a few Republicans not in a orgaization have committed voter fraud. Although, this non-partisan organization has acknowledge that a higher percentage of voter fraud is being committed by the far-left than Republicans.
<quoted text>
Acorn and other such Liberal organizations have committed voter fraud? Prove it. I dare you.

“Best Quilter in Alamogordo”

Since: Feb 08

Alamogordo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66
Oct 24, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

It doesn't matter which party you are registered under, what matters is your vote on election day. If you are a registered republican, if you want to, you could vote for, lets say Nader. I had one of those paid spaceport people try to convince me to vote for the tax. I sat him down at my computer and showed him a thing or two.
Jennie wrote:
I guess I could have had my story in the Newspaper
too, if I would have reported the young Black lady
that came to my door about 2 wks ago. She told me
that she was with the Obama campaign & she wanted
to register me because I was on her list as not
being a registered voter. When I told her I was
registered, she said I should look into it because
she showed on her records I wasn't "registered". No
telling how many people she registered Democrat that day.
This sounds like fraud to me. Afer all this I told
her I was registered Republican. I'm also an older
lady like this one. I don't trust the Democrats!!!!

“Best Quilter in Alamogordo”

Since: Feb 08

Alamogordo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67
Oct 24, 2008
 
I was going to post a few websites for you but there were way too many. This is not the first election that they were caught in voter fraud either.
dog_canyon wrote:
<quoted text>
Acorn and other such Liberal organizations have committed voter fraud? Prove it. I dare you.

“I LOVE President Barack Obama”

Since: Dec 07

NWIllinois-now-High Rolls, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68
Oct 24, 2008
 
Deborah Goldberg wrote:
I had one of those paid spaceport people try to convince me to vote for the tax. I sat him down at my computer and showed him a thing or two.
<quoted text>
What did you show him? I here many Democrats do not support it either!

“I LOVE President Barack Obama”

Since: Dec 07

NWIllinois-now-High Rolls, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69
Oct 24, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Gosh darn it, there i go again, I meant to say what did you HEAR not HERE! I do know English pretty well, most of the time!:)

Since: May 08

Tularosa, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70
Oct 24, 2008
 
Deborah Goldberg wrote:
I was going to post a few websites for you but there were way too many. This is not the first election that they were caught in voter fraud either.
<quoted text>
Acorn is being accused of voter registration fraud, not voter fraud. There is no evidence that an ACORN registration resulted in a fraudulent vote. Since ACORN was paying people to register voters, it can be argued that ACORN is the victim of the fraud, not the perpetrator.

“Best Quilter in Alamogordo”

Since: Feb 08

Alamogordo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#71
Oct 24, 2008
 
It was a young kid who wanted to be one of the first in space. You should have seen his poor face when I showed him the $200,000.00 price tag. I told him I wasn't going to pay another tax so rich people could ride into space. Then I showed him my property tax bill and pointed out the taxes I am already paying for our schools. Then I showed him that the spaceport was 110 miles by road away from us and asked him if he was willing to drive to work everyday if he was lucky enough to get a job with them. Then I showed him that Richard Branson/ Virgin Galatica was putting up half the money and asked him if that was still true after the stockmarket lost more than half it's worth. He didn't know. And last but not least, I printed out the thread on topix concerning the tax and told him to read it. Poor kid, I felt like a cat playing with a mouse.

This Spaceport is not a party issue. Due to the fact that the citizens of Otero County do not want to support a business for rich people in another county should be enough reason to see this tax fail. I know that if I had $200,000.00 to through around, I wouldn't waste it on a 2 1/2 hour ride into Sub-Space. Thats right, the flight doesn't go to the moon. It doesn't even leave Sub-Space.
Leo Cuevas wrote:
<quoted text>
What did you show him? I here many Democrats do not support it either!

“Best Quilter in Alamogordo”

Since: Feb 08

Alamogordo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#72
Oct 24, 2008
 

Judged:

1

So Acorn is only guilty of hiring stupid people who think they can get away with padding the rolls. The company is still responcible for what their employees do and is responcible for making sure they do not break the law. That is the bottom line here.
dog_canyon wrote:
<quoted text>
Acorn is being accused of voter registration fraud, not voter fraud. There is no evidence that an ACORN registration resulted in a fraudulent vote. Since ACORN was paying people to register voters, it can be argued that ACORN is the victim of the fraud, not the perpetrator.

“Best Quilter in Alamogordo”

Since: Feb 08

Alamogordo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#73
Oct 24, 2008
 
well I guess it is time for bed. Through should have been throw.
pureasmud

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#74
Oct 24, 2008
 
Deborah Goldberg wrote:
It was a young kid who wanted to be one of the first in space. You should have seen his poor face when I showed him the $200,000.00 price tag. I told him I wasn't going to pay another tax so rich people could ride into space. Then I showed him my property tax bill and pointed out the taxes I am already paying for our schools. Then I showed him that the spaceport was 110 miles by road away from us and asked him if he was willing to drive to work everyday if he was lucky enough to get a job with them. Then I showed him that Richard Branson/ Virgin Galatica was putting up half the money and asked him if that was still true after the stockmarket lost more than half it's worth. He didn't know. And last but not least, I printed out the thread on topix concerning the tax and told him to read it. Poor kid, I felt like a cat playing with a mouse.
This Spaceport is not a party issue. Due to the fact that the citizens of Otero County do not want to support a business for rich people in another county should be enough reason to see this tax fail. I know that if I had $200,000.00 to through around, I wouldn't waste it on a 2 1/2 hour ride into Sub-Space. Thats right, the flight doesn't go to the moon. It doesn't even leave Sub-Space.
<quoted text>
Since we will vote to not be part of this, maybe we can pack up the kids and go visit it in the near future. Let's face it, we are just jealous because someone else is doing something progressive and inventive, and we are eagerly awaiting another Mc Donalds and maybe a new street light. Good for Dona Ana and Sierra Counties!

“Best Quilter in Alamogordo”

Since: Feb 08

Alamogordo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75
Oct 24, 2008
 
Don't forget, we have a new multi-million dollar club house for our golfers. LOL
pureasmud wrote:
<quoted text>
Since we will vote to not be part of this, maybe we can pack up the kids and go visit it in the near future. Let's face it, we are just jealous because someone else is doing something progressive and inventive, and we are eagerly awaiting another Mc Donalds and maybe a new street light. Good for Dona Ana and Sierra Counties!
Tomas

Elko, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77
Oct 25, 2008
 
Ron Jeske wrote:
The tactic described in the article is pure hate tactics at the worst and a Republican ploy to steal the election. Don't try to deny it, you would be wrong to do so.
As for LandS and I JUSY WONDER and the comments about Spanish or English, Shut Up. Your comments make ou look like real bigots. There but for the grace of god, you could be in the same place speaking some other language and not being understood and you wouldn't even be able to press a number for yours. I believe that English is the language of our land and would like everyone to speak it, but not everyone does or will. And among those people are some who are not Spanish.
Just like you and 'Bridge', telling people to "Shut Up", simply because you don't want to hear the truth that some people's opinions express. If you don't want to hear other people's responses' a right given to them by the Constitution; then go somewhere else and stop clogging up this forum with your jiberish. That's a polite way of telling YOU to "shut up"!

Since: May 08

Tularosa, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78
Oct 25, 2008
 
Deborah Goldberg wrote:
So Acorn is only guilty of hiring stupid people who think they can get away with padding the rolls. The company is still responcible for what their employees do and is responcible for making sure they do not break the law. That is the bottom line here.
<quoted text>
Yes. ACORN is guilty of poor hiring decisions, not voter fraud.
Unknown

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#79
Oct 25, 2008
 
Interesting points.
Former Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>So now you take to lying. Come to Missouri and I'll take you to the prisons where some of your ACORN people currently reside. They are being investigated in over 15 states and you say there is nothing to it. I'm glad I left NM and the ignorant people behind. Why don't you even vette your own candidate. He's being sued by a Demorcratic Lawyer for failure to prove he is a U.S. citizen. The DNC have never produced and original birth certificate, just a "Certificate of Live Birth" which is completely different. He's so scummy not even his own party lawyers can cover for him. Instead of producing the documents, like the judge and lawyer requested, they've just tried to have it dismissed. Why won't he produce it? Is it because his Grandmother in Kenya and cousins there admitted that they attended his birth in Kenya? You have nothing but a lying, do nothing, accomplish nothing empty suit who gets exposed more and more every day. One who actively supports jackboot Nazi tactics and ACORN. Him and the party tried to enlist prosecuting attorneys and sheriffs in Missouri to strong arm thos against Obama and the governor shut them down immediately. He is looking at charging those who try the intimidation tactics up here. If your man is so great, why does he have to lie, cheat and steal to win the election? Because Obama like the Democratic Party is a fraud, pure and simple. Obama supporters are living proof of comedian Ron White's saying, "You can't fix stupid".
Karey

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#80
Oct 27, 2008
 
I think this is a way for the Democrates to try to puch others to vote for them> I wouldn't vote for either McCain or Obama as I don't believe either one are really trully interested in running our country. We need someone who is interested. Obama is interested only in the fact to be the first African American and not in runninbg our great country. Truthfully, his wife really put the ring to it. She only recently became proud to be an American. Sorry won't vote for them. I've always been proud of who I am. I may not be proud of our leader but I am proud of who I am. Now if we could I would vote for Senator McCain's wife, I think she would be great.

“"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain" ”

Since: Jul 07

MN -now- Hampton Roads

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#81
Oct 29, 2008
 
If he has not investigated the same number of Republican voters or white voters...would it be called discrimination? Seems like it would...In some states individuals are not supposed to question others right to vote, it is suppose to be particular state officials, I don't know how NM is organized - but I would wonder if this is on the up and up.

“Sockpuppets SUCK!”

Since: Oct 08

Where my house is

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82
Oct 29, 2008
 
dog_canyon wrote:
<quoted text>
Acorn is being accused of voter registration fraud, not voter fraud. There is no evidence that an ACORN registration resulted in a fraudulent vote. Since ACORN was paying people to register voters, it can be argued that ACORN is the victim of the fraud, not the perpetrator.
YEA,
because when a member of ACORN comes up to me, asks me to register to vote,(Why else would I register if not to vote in the election) even though I tell him/her I have already registered, I want to have them tell me to do it again and again again... That's LEGAL!!!!
If you run an orginazation that is supposed to be looking out for the less fortunate of our population, then I want you to encourage them to lie and cheat as often as possible!!!!! it seems to be the NEW american way!!!?
I don't care who runs ACORN... They are supposed to be NON-PARTIZAN, although they officially came out for Obama (check thier OWN website and several You-Tube videos showing leaders of the group encouraging thier members to vote for Obama) and MOST of the ILLEGIAL registrations are for the Democratic party...
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Never hear that much do you... Look around... MOST of the ILLEGAL registrations ar for the Democratic party!!!
I don't know why EVERYONE isn't PISSED-OFF!! Voter Fraud takes away the 1 right this country should be proud of.. The ability to vote for our leaders!!!!
Why should be stand by and let ANY group/Party take that from us!!??
Joey Smith

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83
Oct 29, 2008
 
RIght on!
gray matters wrote:
I just helped two older Hispanic people, who were newly registered, to figure out their absentee mail-in ballots yesterday. And earlier this year I registered a brand-new American citizen to vote. She brought her citizen certificate with her because she thought she needed it to get registered. I think it is outrageous that Republicans are deliberately trying to prevent people from voting.
And for those of you that have not been informed, the ACORN organization itself was the first to flag the registration forms they thought were fradulent, but in most states they are required to turn in the forms anyway. The registrations the Republicans are talking about and using to somehow cast blame were first discovered by ACORN administrators.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Alamogordo Forum right now

Search the Alamogordo Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
New evidence that global warming is BS (Nov '09) 21 min Gorky 6,975
Israel 40 min Yvonne 70
Is being gay wrong? (Dec '12) 42 min Gorky 412
B.O. is unpopular 1 hr Tony Betterton 5
Obama fundraising while Earth burns 1 hr Tony Betterton 12
Alamo cold case to be featured on TNT show 2 hr hmmm 3
Remembering the old stores/good memories (Apr '08) 2 hr how about the zoo 649
Get the Illegals OUT! (Apr '10) 11 hr wtf 258
•••
•••
•••
•••

Alamogordo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Alamogordo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Alamogordo News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Alamogordo
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••