|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

So, anyone here eaten there yet?

I wasn't even aware they were already open, until a friend made me aware of such.

Not good from what I heard, but of course, that can be taken with a grain of salt.

The people I know who have eaten there tell me the food was overly laden with salt.

Well, in defense of any establishment, everybody has different likes as far as salt intake.

Some older folks have to be on low salt diets, and as far as I'm concerned, salt is a very delicate balance to make a food good, or inedible.

But, these folks told me, when they made mention of the food being too salty, either the folks who waited on them, or the managers told them "If you don't like our food, then do us a favor, and never come back again".

I find that uncommonly strange, and of course, anybody would say this was totally out of place.

I believe such "with a grain of salt", and cannot say if such was actually true?

If you were the business owner, would you be telling first time customers to go somewhere else?

I know what I would be saying, is that your drinks are on the house, or no charge for your food, and please come back, I promise you we'll correct any shortcomings.

But that isn't the way it works in "Amedica" anymore, does it?
MZ GOODY TWO SHOES

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

WOW! Can't believe someone would say that to a customer they better change business if they can't take constructive criticism. Would like more imput before I spent my money there. Where is business located?
Heisenberg

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

Mz Goody,
The Restaurant I am referring to is "Heart of Italy", and it is located where El Parador was located, north end of White Sands, near Desert Sun Auto Dealer.

As I earlier said, I too find this hard to believe, even considering the bad treatment I once had gotten from Bamboo Garden.

I know Italian food quite well, and can make it quite well. It's a food which is difficult to make properly, because like great Chinese Food, it needs to go directly from cooking to the plate.

Even 95% of Chicago's Italian Restaurants were nasty, because you cannot make pasta 3 hours beforehand, then throw some hot water over it,(even if it is initially cooked ala dente), try rejuvenating it like that, dump on some sauce, and call it good.

It has to be made fresh to order, and in a restaurant enviornment, that one correct method is impractical for them.

One reason why I'd never order Pasta. Of course Italian Food just isn't Pasta.

I'd like going there soon, even if it's just for a small dish, or an appetizer?

Love things like fried Calamari. Surprisingly, Pepper's Grill had a good fried Calamari, with a hot Thai style Dipping Sauce. Had it a couple times, was pretty good!

“Our nearest star”

Since: May 09

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

Haven't eaten there and I don't plan to either. I know it will never compare to Si's Italian Bistro and Bakery in Las Cruces. Once you've eaten there, no place else will compare.
Heisenberg

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

I reckon with any restaurant, it comes down to a chef, and his/her help that know what they are doing, that the chef gives proper guidance, and sets the standards, and the owner(s) who will then either permit, or not permit the chef to do their jobs.

In Chicago, and going back decades, those people in an Italian restaurant were typically all family. And the style of food came from those people's hearts, souls, and the style of Italian food was commonly dictated by where these people originated from, from the old country.

Same with Mexican cooking Greek Cooking, Chinese, etc etc.

Lots of people might think that Mexico, and mexicans styles of cooking cannot do justice to seafood dishes, but they'd be dead wrong. They do have a unique mastery of such dishes, and I reckon it all boils down to who's cooking them.

About all I can say at this point, is I wish these people luck with their new establishment.

Without a doubt, the two most important things this area needs are, 1. Establishments that survive, and prosper. 2. Good food at fair prices that this community so badly needs, and deserves.
Just Watching

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

Judged:

BarbMoore wrote:
Haven't eaten there and I don't plan to either. I know it will never compare to Si's Italian Bistro and Bakery in Las Cruces. Once you've eaten there, no place else will compare.
I agree, Si in Las Cruces is great! The desserts are the best in the state.
WildBill_4242

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

Judged:

Heisenberg wrote:
So, anyone here eaten there yet?
I wasn't even aware they were already open, until a friend made me aware of such.
Not good from what I heard, but of course, that can be taken with a grain of salt.
The people I know who have eaten there tell me the food was overly laden with salt.
Well, in defense of any establishment, everybody has different likes as far as salt intake.
Some older folks have to be on low salt diets, and as far as I'm concerned, salt is a very delicate balance to make a food good, or inedible.
But, these folks told me, when they made mention of the food being too salty, either the folks who waited on them, or the managers told them "If you don't like our food, then do us a favor, and never come back again".
I find that uncommonly strange, and of course, anybody would say this was totally out of place.
I believe such "with a grain of salt", and cannot say if such was actually true?
If you were the business owner, would you be telling first time customers to go somewhere else?
I know what I would be saying, is that your drinks are on the house, or no charge for your food, and please come back, I promise you we'll correct any shortcomings.
But that isn't the way it works in "Amedica" anymore, does it?
Of course you didn't eat there but you are giving your thoughts on it from mouths of others. Typical Heisenberg fashion. You didn't even mention the great places you used to eat at in Chicago in this post, whats wrong? Why don't oyu go there, get your food, pitch a bitch about it and then demand to get it for free, thats the heisenberg we all know.
Everything You Read

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

Judged:

MZ GOODY TWO SHOES wrote:
WOW! Can't believe someone would say that to a customer they better change business if they can't take constructive criticism. Would like more imput before I spent my money there. Where is business located?
MZ, don't be so gullible. You need to look at the source AND realize that he's doing the "someone said" thing, not even using his own experience. Now, if someone that you knew personally, and in whose opinion you had complete faith told you the same thing, that would be something else. Until then, or until you try it yourself, don't believe everything you hear, and definitely don't believe everything you read on a message board and certainly not by Heisy, the Queen of Dissatisfaction.
Heisenberg

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

Judged:

WildBill_4242 wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you didn't eat there but you are giving your thoughts on it from mouths of others. Typical Heisenberg fashion. You didn't even mention the great places you used to eat at in Chicago in this post, whats wrong? Why don't oyu go there, get your food, pitch a bitch about it and then demand to get it for free, thats the heisenberg we all know.
Apparently, just a redneck hick who cannot properly read-comprehend. Not that this is surprising, just the same drivel from you.

I asked has anyone tried them? Have you? You pick a bitch about what I write, yet you have absolutely not a damn thing to offer.

You still stuck over at Banderas?
Heisenberg

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

Judged:

Everything You Read wrote:
<quoted text>
MZ, don't be so gullible. You need to look at the source AND realize that he's doing the "someone said" thing, not even using his own experience. Now, if someone that you knew personally, and in whose opinion you had complete faith told you the same thing, that would be something else. Until then, or until you try it yourself, don't believe everything you hear, and definitely don't believe everything you read on a message board and certainly not by Heisy, the Queen of Dissatisfaction.
As I said, I found that person's comments that told me such, a bit unbelieveable, but then again, why would a person lie about such?

As for my own experiences, I have none yet to form, but I am indeed apprehensive, and afraid to patronize many of the eateries here. Is such unfounded?
whatever

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

Judged:

Unfortunately their are only three decent eats in the area, Memories, The Lodge and Stella V's. For a town of 30+ thousand its a disgrace.
Anonymous

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

Judged:

We can't even get good Mexican food in this town. Why on earth would we think Italian would be good? I will try it once. Maybe.
Memories and Stella Vita are the only ones I care to spend money in. Food is good and the ambience is nice.
Plus, I love Heather and Beverly.
Heisenberg

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

Judged:

The REAL TDK wrote:
We can't even get good Mexican food in this town. Why on earth would we think Italian would be good? I will try it once. Maybe.
Memories and Stella Vita are the only ones I care to spend money in. Food is good and the ambience is nice.
Plus, I love Heather and Beverly.
I've been saying this about Mexican food here for years.

But the rotten rednack hick bastards, known as "alamogordoans" have been telling me "if you don;t like it here, go back to whatever rock you cralwed out from under.

In my case, Chicago,.

I've told restaurant owners, that I need to import some real mexicans from chicago, cause your food, your cooks totally suck.

When I go in a mexican restaurant, I want authentic food. I want true, real mexican food, not some bastardized new mexican, or americanized, texanized version of such.

Same with Chinese.

For those that cannot handle the true flavors, then go to taco bell, or the dive wok inn.

I want authentic food, I want salsa that has real flavor, searing heat, not pace salsa like Si Senor serves, with bagged, horrid chips.

I want to pay for real food, not a hot plate loaded with shredded lettuce for my money, not like that craphole known as norwalk virus Margos.

When you people keep patronizing such slop, you're telling those owners, "this is exactly what we want here". I sure don't.

The sad thing is, so many here don't have the faintest clue.
I cannot wisen up an entire town, so I reckon many are on ther own.
Tough titties I say.
Dave

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

Judged:

I haven't tried The Heart Of Italy yet. But, i did try a pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw in it at Uncle A's bbq at the Walmart parking lot today. I was amazed how delicious it was. It reminded me of Famous Dave's BBQ.
YEP

Holloman Air Force Base, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

MZ GOODY TWO SHOES wrote:
I sure can believe it with the rude businesses in Alamogordo.
Yummy

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

Judged:

Dave wrote:
I haven't tried The Heart Of Italy yet. But, i did try a pulled pork sandwich with coleslaw in it at Uncle A's bbq at the Walmart parking lot today. I was amazed how delicious it was. It reminded me of Famous Dave's BBQ.
That's the original Phat Phil.
Dora the Explorer

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

Judged:

YEP wrote:
<quoted text>
I sure can believe it with the rude businesses in Alamogordo.
what about rude customers ,that think everyone owes them that complain about how bad the food is so they can get discounted food or free food ,seen this happen alot & no i dont do that before some one comes on here with that remark!
Heisenberg

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

Judged:

Dora the Explorer wrote:
<quoted text>what about rude customers ,that think everyone owes them that complain about how bad the food is so they can get discounted food or free food ,seen this happen alot & no i dont do that before some one comes on here with that remark!
OK, let's play a multiple choice game.

Visualize that you are a restaurant owner.

A customer walks in, and orders food. Their food comes, and they are not at all happy with it, they tell the waitress what is wrong with the food, and of course, here comes the manager, or owner (you)

Now, do you tell them

A. You gotta pay you gotta pay

B. I call the police if you no pay, I call police! And then call DPS.

C. You tell them don't ever come here again if you don't like our food, and hand them the bill.

D. You give them the option of another dish, or cheerfully refund their money.

Bet 99% of alamogordoans will have to think about this one for a few minutes.
Heisenberg

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

Judged:

Dora the Explorer wrote:
<quoted text>what about rude customers ,that think everyone owes them that complain about how bad the food is so they can get discounted food or free food ,seen this happen alot & no i dont do that before some one comes on here with that remark!
You've seen this happen where alot?

Lemme guess, good ole alamo-ghetto the cesspool food capital of the USA.

Never once in my life have I ever seen such occur in any other state or town I've been to, and eaten in.

Since: Oct 08

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

Judged:

whatever wrote:
Unfortunately their are only three decent eats in the area, Memories, The Lodge and Stella V's. For a town of 30+ thousand its a disgrace.
memories portions are so small they serve them on a saucer...over rated to say the least

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of77
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Alamogordo Forum right now

Search the Alamogordo Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
APS Employees WARNING 6 hr Stonethrowers 20
Buffalo Wild Wings (May '13) 6 hr jjnscbusin 396
No words needed 6 hr Ralph 2
Keystone Pipeline 8 hr Another 12
Israel 8 hr Another 29
Liberals have gone dark 10 hr Gorky 40
Topless Gentlemen's Club in Alamogordo 11 hr what 6
•••
•••