Tulie forum busy

Tulie forum busy

There are 43 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from Feb 20, 2010, titled Tulie forum busy. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

Candidates running for office in the Village of Tularosa municipal election met with voters and answered questions from Village voters at a candidate's forum Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
T Town Girl

Carrizozo, NM

#1 Feb 21, 2010
All of this sounds find and dandy to attract business and people to our village, and the center for the kids sounds great but what about our police force where will they be to protect all of these nice things that you are wanting to bring in? Oh I no at the office or at Al O Mars maybe Casa De Suenos. Then the first thing you know you have spray painted up buildings. How about a new Chief some one who will do his or her job and make there officers patrol the streets keeping us safe some one who will have there officer do traffic stops on the speeders. Maybe some one who isn't affraid to stop Margies relatives or the mayors grand kids what about some one who isn't affraid to stop a village employee because there affraid of what might happen to them. We need some one in office for mayor and trustee who is there to do there job not to cover things up. Like who really runs city hall? Rick, Diana or the mayor HUM. What about employees that drive there own vehicle to do there job cause they can't drive a city vehicle cause it has no inter lock but yet you see them driving it now and then where are the cops then? Turning there heads or are they out having coffee somewhere of just sitting at the office. Who would you call on this matter? The Sheriff office? Who do you trust there some of those guys are friends with Selman and you see there vehicle at the station often ok what about State Police well Selmans dad works there so who do you call to report things to? We need some one in there that will have the guts to do the right thing and not get fired over it. Someone who will not sweep it under the rug for fear of what might happen to them if they do act on it. I believe we need fresh blood in there. Give McKean a chance, give Joseph a chance, if we don't like what we see well hey in 2 years change it again. But seriously Margie Trujillo again. I have heard no complaints on Gloria lets leave her there. As for the mayor we will see what happens in a few weeks.
Come on Tulie think about it and make the what you feel will be the right change.
Smile Sunshine

Carrizozo, NM

#2 Feb 21, 2010
WOW!!! You are sure in the know about what is going on in the Village.(Employee?, Former Employee? or what?) You are absolutely right about who is running the Village (Rick), absolutely right about the police department (no police patroling my neighborhood or streets) and absolutely right about the "golden boy" who is allowed to still drive his truck to work because of a DWI he received IN Tularosa. It is public record if you want to just go and request copies of this right? If the court is willing to hand over the information.(Are they in on it too?) Just wondering because it seems like any other employee who would have gotten a DWI (not even his first from what I hear) would have been fired. But I guess it is just like any other entity...it's not what your do...it is who you can screw?...and this Village worker is screwing over the entire Village. Untouchable!!!! I agree with your post..give someone else a chance..let's try new blood, new ideas and maybe the Village will proceed forward instead of backwards...good ol boy syndrome...let's move forward Tularosa residents.
T Town Girl

Carrizozo, NM

#3 Feb 21, 2010
Smile Sunshine wrote:
WOW!!! You are sure in the know about what is going on in the Village.(Employee?, Former Employee? or what?) You are absolutely right about who is running the Village (Rick), absolutely right about the police department (no police patroling my neighborhood or streets) and absolutely right about the "golden boy" who is allowed to still drive his truck to work because of a DWI he received IN Tularosa. It is public record if you want to just go and request copies of this right? If the court is willing to hand over the information.(Are they in on it too?) Just wondering because it seems like any other employee who would have gotten a DWI (not even his first from what I hear) would have been fired. But I guess it is just like any other entity...it's not what your do...it is who you can screw?...and this Village worker is screwing over the entire Village. Untouchable!!!! I agree with your post..give someone else a chance..let's try new blood, new ideas and maybe the Village will proceed forward instead of backwards...good ol boy syndrome...let's move forward Tularosa residents.
I am none of the above just a residence. All anyone needs to do is listen to the talk. Go to the center, store, the post office the local restaurants, even church and listen. Just drive around and look if you have a scanner just listen and you can find out alot.
Think about it Tularosa

Carrizozo, NM

#4 Feb 21, 2010
Yeah go ahead and vote in Joseph Lueras! He sure will be a great candidate with all the pot he smokes and cocaine he does!! He is running for other reasons other than what is good for the village!! He has no idea what the hell is going on in this town and has no experience to back anything he says up!! His only work experience is a retail sales cashier!! lol that is hilarious!
Just a thought

Carrizozo, NM

#5 Feb 21, 2010
Well, there's alot of noise being made about all the candidates except Gloria, Oh my god you must be related to her, because there is plenty of dish on her. She votes exactly like the Mayor wants her too. She has no voice of her own. As for the golden boy you refer to, do you think he'd still be here if Gloria and the rest of the board had'nt voted to keep him where he is? And by the way isn't he related to her? Get your facts straight. As for the others, they are all stepping up to the plate to run, why don't some of you do this instead of slamming the people who do. By the way Selman is a really good Chief, he has gotten rid of some of the riff raff just by coming into the Dept. some of the so-called police officers took a hike. If you don't like the way the Village is running why not get off your butts and run for office? Or are you afraid there might be an a..hole out there who will slam dunk you too, like you do others?
Sugar and Spice

Carrizozo, NM

#6 Feb 21, 2010
Ok...I see where this is going. Just like our former President...maybe he did not inhale. lol I know Joseph Lueras and I think he would make a great Trustee. As for what you are saying about him ONLY being a retail sales cashier is not true. If you read his flyer, which apparently you did....he was also a sawyer, firefighter/EMT and worked with the Forest Service..I don't think you can get a job working for them if you can't pass a urine test. He also will be graduating from NMSU Las Cruces in May so therefore HE has an education which is more than you probably will ever get. The reason the fear is there for him to get elected is because He has the courage to run for a public office and get criticize by losers such as yourself. I applaud anyone who runs for a public office because they are the ones who get criticized the most for trying to help people such as yourself. Just remember...let he who is without sin cast the first stone!!! lol I know for a fact that some of the trustees present and past...have done stuff in their past but oh yeah....they forget about THOSE days...
Manny

Kensington, MD

#7 Feb 21, 2010
In order for Tularosa to survive and compete against other municipalities, Tularosa citizens must vote for those changes. Tularosa needs to be cleaned up and the first step is to get rid of the family runned government. It is not helping the village. I hate to say this, but Tularosa's government has been runned basically by the good old boy of hispanic origin and Tularosa has not shown any improvement. Hell Carrizozo is doing a lot better than Tulie . I truly feel that the a non hispanic person probably needs to come in with fresh new ideas and one who is not related to anyone in Tulie. But the only way Tularosa can change is if the citizens of Tularosa get off their behinds, look at what the candidates have to truly offer and the day of election, go out and vote. Do not sit home on election day and not do your civic duty and then complain. GO VOTE! The government works for you. If you do not like what they are doing, you have the right to get rid of them by not re-electing them or check into impeachment. Remember, the elected government works for YOU! Tularosa is a great place so work together and make it better.
AlamoT

Carrizozo, NM

#8 Feb 21, 2010
Hopefully there will be a letter to the editor in the paper soon. Then you will find out the whole story about this night..Gloria made a fool of herself. She is a racist. Don't vote for her!!!
Get over it

Carrizozo, NM

#9 Feb 21, 2010
" Tularosa needs to be cleaned up and the first step is to get rid of the family runned government. It is not helping the village. I hate to say this, but Tularosa's government has been runned basically by the good old boy of hispanic origin and Tularosa has not shown any improvement."

OK WELL THIS MAY BE HARD CONSIDERING THAT MOSTLY EVERYBODY IN TULAROSA IS RELATED SOMEHOW OR ANOTHER! AND FOR THE HISPANIC COMMENT.....IF YOU HAVENT NOTICED NEW MEXICO IS MADE UP OF PRIMARILY HISPANIC HERITAGE AND WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY? THAT A WHITE MAN WOULD DO BETTER! YEAH THEY REALLY KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR OUR COMMUNITY!!LOL
Get over it

Carrizozo, NM

#10 Feb 21, 2010
Sugar and Spice wrote:
Ok...I see where this is going. Just like our former President...maybe he did not inhale. lol I know Joseph Lueras and I think he would make a great Trustee. As for what you are saying about him ONLY being a retail sales cashier is not true. If you read his flyer, which apparently you did....he was also a sawyer, firefighter/EMT and worked with the Forest Service..I don't think you can get a job working for them if you can't pass a urine test. He also will be graduating from NMSU Las Cruces in May so therefore HE has an education which is more than you probably will ever get. The reason the fear is there for him to get elected is because He has the courage to run for a public office and get criticize by losers such as yourself. I applaud anyone who runs for a public office because they are the ones who get criticized the most for trying to help people such as yourself. Just remember...let he who is without sin cast the first stone!!! lol I know for a fact that some of the trustees present and past...have done stuff in their past but oh yeah....they forget about THOSE days...
AND YOUR POINT IS?? I DON'T THINK ANYONE IS IN FEAR OF JOSEPH RUNNING!! THAT IS COMEDY!! OH YEAH AND EDUCATION DOESN'T MEAN YOU KNOW HOW TO HELP RUN A VILLAGE!!
AlamoT

Carrizozo, NM

#11 Feb 21, 2010
Were you at the forum? Did you hear Gloria Sainz state that Tularosa was a small Hispanic village and didn't want any newcomers? She wants the village to stay the way it has always been. Newcomers are trying to destroy the Hispanic traditions and anyone that didn't like it could go to Alamogordo? What kind of an attitude is that for a trustee? Trustees are supposed to represent the people not dictate them. How did she ever get elected? By friends or family members? She is very prejudiced and Tularosa doesn't need anymore of that then they already have. She needs to go and fast!
Tularosa Resident

Alamogordo, NM

#12 Feb 21, 2010
This forum is a great example of why our community hasn't prospered into what it could become. Everyone is so busy pointing the finger at one another that nothing ever gets accomplished. If the residents on this message board are so concerned about the community, then get up and help in one way or another. You don't have to neccesarily run for office, but there are other things you can do to help our community.

Mudslinging is not going to help anything. Everyone has skeletons in their closet so until one of us is perfect why degrade someone that is actually trying to make a change in the community. It is easy to sit behind a keyboard and judge people and their view but why not get out and try to make a difference and share ideas not tear the community even farther apart.

Lastly, getting an education does make a difference in any career you pursue. In my opinion, the only way to learn to run a village effectively is through experience. There are some things you have to learn how to do by actually doing it.

Since: May 08

Alamogordo, NM

#13 Feb 21, 2010
They pressured Chief Frank Sackman out because he did make the officers patrol and enforce the law fairly. Even if your last name was Trujillo. Then they brought Selman back. When the officers heard he was coming all but one put their resume's out as fast as they could. It is not right that the Mayor and the Trustees would do that to the Village. Maybe they don't get tickets anymore, but the Village suffers in overall saftey. Those were good officers that left.
Get over it

Carrizozo, NM

#14 Feb 21, 2010
AlamoT wrote:
Were you at the forum? Did you hear Gloria Sainz state that Tularosa was a small Hispanic village and didn't want any newcomers? She wants the village to stay the way it has always been. Newcomers are trying to destroy the Hispanic traditions and anyone that didn't like it could go to Alamogordo? What kind of an attitude is that for a trustee? Trustees are supposed to represent the people not dictate them. How did she ever get elected? By friends or family members? She is very prejudiced and Tularosa doesn't need anymore of that then they already have. She needs to go and fast!
That is right she got elected by friends and family members because they obvioulsy went out and voted! And plus it takes a vote between all trustess and mayor to make any changes! Not just one person!!
tulie parent

Carrizozo, NM

#15 Feb 21, 2010
they talk about trying to help the youth of our community, yet our kids dont even have a decent baseball field to play on. they put brand new lights on a field that is unplayable.
Voter with Sense

Ivins, UT

#16 Feb 21, 2010
First, thanks to all those who put their hat in. You are trying to make a change right or wrong. You have already done more then all the people who have put their 2 cents in. To the idiot who claims a canidate is doing illegal drugs, if you know so much, why do you not as a good citizen call the police? Why because you really don't know, you are afraid of change. Are some related? Yes, it's a small town and most are related. Do we have problems? Yes, but again at least someone has the guts to make a change. One comment claimed "experience" he was a retail clerk! Let follow your line of thought, between U.S. Congress, and the U.S. Senate there is over 4000 years on "experience" and what shape is our Country in now? So maybe we need NEW ideas. Throw out the old, thanks Joe Lueras you are offering a "new" mind. I just hope the old evil does not corrupt you or discourage you. You can make a difference, even though your Uncle does not think so, that Uncle has let politics go to his head. Hope he fits throught the doors of city hall.
Voter with Sense

Ivins, UT

#17 Feb 21, 2010
Baruch wrote:
They pressured Chief Frank Sackman out because he did make the officers patrol and enforce the law fairly. Even if your last name was Trujillo. Then they brought Selman back. When the officers heard he was coming all but one put their resume's out as fast as they could. It is not right that the Mayor and the Trustees would do that to the Village. Maybe they don't get tickets anymore, but the Village suffers in overall saftey. Those were good officers that left.
Amen!!
Voter with Sense

Ivins, UT

#18 Feb 21, 2010
Think about it Tularosa wrote:
Yeah go ahead and vote in Joseph Lueras! He sure will be a great candidate with all the pot he smokes and cocaine he does!! He is running for other reasons other than what is good for the village!! He has no idea what the hell is going on in this town and has no experience to back anything he says up!! His only work experience is a retail sales cashier!! lol that is hilarious!
Yep, oh...wait...sorry I was in between a toke of the good stuff..yea man got the munches now..no I don't ever vote but yea man I got an opinion...aaa not sure what is was..but I got one man really.. just give me a minute to think about what I was going to say..what were we talking about now.. oh yea ...hell i forgot again, oh well time to take anyother toke to clear my mind.
Voter with Sense

Ivins, UT

#19 Feb 21, 2010
Think about it Tularosa wrote! See how stupid your comment sounds, you talk about pot and coccaine, yet you are the one who sounds like they are using. I had to clarify my comment for your simple mind. Seriously THANKS JOE LUERAS FOR HAVING THE COURAGE TO GET INVOLVED IN POLITICS! It's a wonder anyone gets involved anymore with the petty stabs in the back "Think about it Tularosa" writes. My vote will be be for Joe Lueras
Get over it

Carrizozo, NM

#20 Feb 21, 2010
To "voter with sense" i would be embarrassed if i was joe lueras and i had people like you rooting for me! You sound like a stupid@$$ with comments that make no sense and you can't even spell! I know i will not "be be be be be" voting for him! lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alamogordo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
National Debt. 7 min Good Luck 35
October Surprise, Donald! 16 min Good Luck 2
I used to think I was just a regular guy, 30 min Good Luck 5
True the Vote !! 1 hr Nope 10
Mr. Piggy 3 hr Wake Up Call 2
The Miss Piggy thing 3 hr Wake Up Call 10
Difference in Trump and hillary 5 hr Pragmatist 80
Who burned down Kid's Kingdom? 8 hr Good Luck 42

Alamogordo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Alamogordo Mortgages