Cardsfan73

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

We've had Wisper for the past month in Trenton. I must say it's better than anything we've had before! You can't beat $39 a month esp when we were paying almost $50 with tax and they bought out my contract so I didn't have to deal with that other crap anymore!
Judy

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2011

I live in Bradford and all I could get here was TEC before...what a joke! Thanks Wisper!!!!
hold on

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2011

Cardsfan73 wrote:
We've had Wisper for the past month in Trenton. I must say it's better than anything we've had before! You can't beat $39 a month esp when we were paying almost $50 with tax and they bought out my contract so I didn't have to deal with that other crap anymore!
Hold on did you say $39 a month! Is that unlimited ?
Cardsfan73

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2011

hold on wrote:
<quoted text> Hold on did you say $39 a month! Is that unlimited ?
Yeah $39 for unlimited! I thought the same way at first that there was no way but that's what my bill has been 39.95! The guy didnt do me wrong!

Def recommended
Frank

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2011

I live deep in the sticks no DSL only satellite or wifi card.I have researched different companys (hughes net,wildblue) and they told me that they cant download fast enought to keep up with my netflix. Right now im running a verizon wifi card running at 500Kbs sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't and it still cost about $150.00 a month. A friend told me today about Wisper and said look into it. I cant wait untill they come to beech bluff/jackson TN. I like the 3Megs for $50.00 that sounds good to me. (ONLY if it works) Frank
Customer

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Service is great when all is well, customer services is a joke when there is a problem. Long (week) wait times.
customer2

Dyer, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2011

i have been a customer for over a year now. has been doing great until recently. every once in a while there are problems. the only thing i dont like is when you do have a problem and call them, it might be that afternoon after 5 or the next day after 5 before someone calls you back. i am also experencing problems when it rains hard. i also looked into stopping my contract early and found out a few things. no matter when you drop your contract it is $350.00. i had agreed to a 2 year contract. when i checked into it, all of a sudden i have a 3 year contract. be careful and READ before you sign.
Wisper Wondering

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2011

can not play online wrote:
I have a direct hard line to the router.
Just curious what speed package you are using and if u ever got the issues resolved. Considering Wisper for xbox due to current speed of 6 Mb down, 0.5 Mb up and lag during gaming. I am in a rural area but currently on DSL which has given no issues, but they also do not offer anything faster either. Don't want to give up reliability for more speed and end up with more problems.
customer2

Dyer, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2011

my son has a direct line from the router to his xbox. still has bad lagging.
WarcraftRules

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2011

Sounds like you need a faster speed if you're lagging! I can game fine on mine with the 3 Meg. You need at least that or else you are gonna lag...I'm just saying!
not happy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

They suck rip off look at the better business Bureau they need to have people who know how to run a business if you go with them more power to you...
I NEED TO WoW

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2011

Alright guys, I read all 71 posts and have actually learned a lot of what I was wondering. Here's my situation; I live south of Jackson down Highway 18 outside of Medon and have been stuck with Hughes Net Satellite Internet for far too long. You are only given 200mb for each 24 HOUR PERIOD! And if you go over that, they slow it down to NOTHING for the next 24 hours. It's absolutely atrocious and results in NOTHING being able to get done that concerns the internet; whether it's stocks, gaming, email or otherwise. I recently saw a Wisper lawn sign stuck near the end of my road and have my hopes up that it may be available in my area. I'm able to play World of Warcraft half-assed on Hughes Net, but there is a 4-5 second delay incorporated into any action done through the game (as a result of the time it takes for the data to bounce around the satellites).
DSL is not available in my area whatsoever, and the only thing that is available would be satellite internet or dial-up. I have had it with Hughes and have been wanting a change for a while now.
I'm curious how Wisper works; it's wireless and I've gathered that it works off of cell phone towers---- correct?
The speeds are promised to be DSL speeds (3MB at least) from customers' experiences, is this correct and does it hold true?
Are you able to do PC gaming with it? Is there any kind of a delay? How well does World of Warcraft run on it? Do first person shooters run smoothly on the connection? Does playing on a hard line in comparison to WiFi make a difference?
What is the equipment they install? I've read you can use a wireless router with it; something you cannot do with an AT&T laptop card--- how is this possible? Is a Wisper router installed in your home?
At what distance away from the tower does the internet speed begin to taper down? How often does internet speed fluctuate if at all?
Are there any unforeseen annoyances or obstacles I'm not realizing in wanting to do this stuff on this connection? Am I way off base in my hopes?
Any hints, tips or recommendations will be GREATLY appreciated! If you can answer any of my questions, please do and respond here! Or, e-mail me at: chezpizmo@hotmail.com
Thanks in advance and thanks to all those who have posted previous to this!!
smee

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2011

I live close to two towers and when I had them check to see if I could get service, I couldn't. If you have them check while the leaves are off the trees, you may get reception that you won't get when the leaves come back. Also, the weather can play a huge part in the performance of any satellite service.

I'm not knocking it because I didn't get it. Just be aware that other factors may come into play that aren't there on the day/s they come to run a test check.
I NEED TO WoW

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2011

Your point is true about the satellite service, Smee, however WISPER is not satellite. They use cell phone towers to broadcast and make a connection for the internet. Regardless of weather, clear or not, there is still a delay in PC games that are played online with a satellite internet connection.
-
We had someone come out to our home yesterday. They said that we are near two different cell towers that broadcast WIPSER and we are about 3 miles from both. They promised good download speeds and the ability to download movies and music etc. They also promised that if the speeds aren't what we hoped we can cancel (dunno about getting the installation fee back though). I'm still unsure how it will work with PC gaming online multiplayer;; can anyone give me any insight on the concern?
WarcraftRules

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2011

Not sure about pc gaming but it works with my xbox. I had Verizon air cards and I always had lagging problems. I've got 3meg with Wisper and it works great so far! I would think pc gaming would work just the same!
ridinsolo

Lexington, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2011

its kind of funny that wisoer use vonage get real thats what there office uses
I NEED TO WoW

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2011

Hey WarcraftRules, how far away from one of WISPER's towers are you? Do you know? They say I'm about 3 miles away from two different towers. 3MB sounds really nice right about now compared to Hughes Net. I believe we're getting the next highest package though; the 6MB package.

And Ridinsolo- I have no idea what you are talking about.
=-=-=-=-=-
We setup to have installation a week ago; last Tuesday. Today on the day of the installation they called saying they'd be late and then called back again to say they'd have to reschedule to this Saturday. Gotta be honest, it really REALLY pissed me off. I've read all about how their customer service BLOWS and so far it's proving true. I don't know how much WISPER does customer service control or monitoring, but if someone at WISPER reads this or the above comments much like the same, I suggest taking action about it. We, of course, don't know what happens behind the scenes or if there is a legitimate reason why some of this happens, but it really "grinds my gears" and is very veryy off putting.
WarcraftRules

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2011

I'm like 2 miles away or so. The sales guy said they normally cover a 3 mile range depending on how high the tower is.

My customer service has actually been excellent. Granted I haven't had any problems and had to deal with the office but I at least got a call after I got my internet installed to make sure it was running right and at least so far it has been.
I Know Everyone

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2011

I do know one thing, their is a certain person that works up there that needs to put a zipper on that mouth. What happened in the past is over and done. No sense in bringing things back up to MY little blonde head friend, now is there? I never said a word to anyone you please do the same.
Current customer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2011

The only 2 ppl that work there that can actually call you back & give you honest answers are Margo, the secretary that's on maternity leave & James, a tech! I am a current customer & they won't call me back either! Thinly of paying outta 3 yr contract & going elsewhere! Even if I pay more $! I don't care how good your product is, if you don't have good service, you have nothing!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Alamo Forum right now

Search the Alamo Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 30 min PROTECT PILOT billions 141,633
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 39 min vote no gay 8,983
Crockett Co Schools 1 hr just to know 5
County Mayor....who will win? 2 hr really 35
Crockett County Clerk 13 hr New Moon 2
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 15 hr Say watt 8,063
Crossdressing... (Oct '12) 21 hr Samantha 19
•••
•••
•••
•••

Alamo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000