Newbern, TN

#31 Sep 16, 2010
Someone wrote:
Not worth the hassel.
What hassel explain your comment please
me mine and myself

Bedford, IN

#32 Sep 16, 2010
how is the service in crockett mills and do you have to have a home phone to get the service or what please i would like to know all the details on this service, tec sucks and i am with them right now...

Newbern, TN

#33 Sep 18, 2010
I have Whisper (Maury City) and I love it!
me mine and myself

Indianapolis, IN

#34 Sep 19, 2010
but i need to know if you have to have a home phone....... i basically need to know everything about it... please someone get let me know how it works... if you have to have a home phone or what.....

Erin, TN

#35 Sep 19, 2010
no, you don't have to have a landline. there is a deposit to have it installed, $150, i think. then your monthly fee.
me mine and myself

United States

#36 Sep 19, 2010
thank you i will let the person know that was asking me about it and one more question if you do not mind answering it... do you know if it works good in crockett mills..

Erin, TN

#37 Sep 19, 2010
depends on where you live, how far from the tower, if there are any obstructions. if you'll call them, they will send a van out to test the signal strength.
me mine and myself

United States

#38 Sep 20, 2010
okay i will have to do that ty for the info... you have been lots of help...
Susie

Newbern, TN

#39 Sep 21, 2010
We have Wisper and we are enjoying it so much. We love it. Bells TN

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#40 Oct 5, 2010
We r thinking about going with Wisper. Is it ok now?
Jeremy

Newbern, TN

#41 Oct 20, 2010
Just got it and so far it's great. It probably helps that I could throw a rock and hit the new tower in friendship. Anyone in this area would be happy I have the best connection they have ever seen.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#42 Oct 20, 2010
I have Wild Blue Sat, i love it. I tried dial up but got turned on to it by a friend wouldnt have anything else.
Not-a-fan

United States

#43 Nov 1, 2010
I as well have wild blue. I tried for whisper But only got a run around. Then was told "if I only wanted to wait a few months for them to get a tower up in this area". PUH--LEASE.

Since: Oct 10

Newbern, TN

#44 Nov 1, 2010
I had wild blue..hated it. i love whisper. great service, no problems with connections.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#45 Nov 3, 2010
I would love to have it, but it costs too much. Dial up is slow but cheaper. The service I use drops me A LOT!! But it's all I can afford.

Since: Oct 10

Newbern, TN

#46 Nov 3, 2010
actually the price is not that bad. they even work with you in the installation fee.
Maternut

Newbern, TN

#47 Dec 23, 2010
Just got mine installed today. So far I love it,so much faster than anything I ever had before. WildBlue and HughesNet, goodbye and hope to never deal with their crap again.
HughesFan

United States

#48 Dec 23, 2010
I have Hughes for a long time now. I've not had the first problem with them at all. Actually, I'm pleased enough that wouldn't even consider changing and pay whispers sky high instalation fee.
daywalker101

Newbern, TN

#49 Dec 23, 2010
their fee might be high, but they will work with you on it.
brownsville user

Newbern, TN

#50 Dec 29, 2010
When we first got Wisper, the two techs that came out to install it didn't know a thing about computers, and the package we bought was supposed to give us 9 mbps download speed. At the service's best, we got 6, and now we are lucky to get 3 (even down to 1 as of tonight). We have called multiple times and when they finally sent techs out, the techs blamed our bad ping and download speeds on my computer. My computer and router is not the issue, as I can run World of Warcraft and Left 4 Dead on max settings without dropping below 30 fps. They think that because i'm the only person in the house that knows anything about computers that they can be sly when someone else is present and get away with not having to do anything on a call. I know the guys are busy, but the woman at the desk is never helpful and the techs don't know jack about anything other than hunting and fishing.

As far as tower distance, they put a new tower up less than 1.5 miles away from my house in Brownsville and swore up and down it would be better than DSL or cable. Too bad at my old residence we had cable internet and I could regularly get 10-20 mbps download speed and not lag when playing online games. Don't think that just because I live out in the country that I don't know what the difference is between good and bad technology.

My advice, wait until Wisper gets some better people working for them and some more towers before you even consider it. They will try to bully you into going with a 36 month plan, DON'T DO IT!

If you want to play games and watch videos, this might be your best bet, but you might want to wait until DSL or cable is available in your area. Or hell, just go with dial-up, it's more reliable anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alamo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paige Weatherholt 10 hr Domonique Whiteside 7
So who is into swinging 11 hr Kyle 8
Searching.. 12 hr Haha 4
Roger BBQ Parker 23 hr steve 4
What happened to Jessica Lidy?? (Feb '13) Wed chris 97
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) Wed Say watt 10,757
Stephany Tinker Wed Gaylon 1

Alamo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance