Airline drops service to Alamo

Apr 6, 2012 Full story: Alamogordo Daily News 9

New Mexico Airlines was the only passenger airline operating out of the airport and operated through the Essential Air Service Program.

Full Story

“Hunting Terrorists!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#2 Apr 7, 2012
One, this service was not widley advertised, two, Even Holloman AFB Rec Center or the CTO advertised or recommended this service.

"a large number of personnel from Holloman Air Force Base are bussed to El Paso."

What is this statement refering to? If it is about getting Airmen out of Alamogordo on a deployment then yeah my squadron busses. We routinely have groups of 8 to 33 people leaving and with required gear it would take all a day or two just to get us out of Alamogordo to the Albuquerque or El Paso for connection.

A regional jet service??? If the citizens of Alamogordo do not ride a turbo prop cessna caravan to Albq what makes Rabon thin a we can afford a reginal jet service...or perhaps city and county commissioners are having a thoughts of GRANDEUR in the possibility to use a regional jet to fly to "Official Business" trips.

Since: Sep 08

Alamogordo, NM

#3 Apr 7, 2012
Supply and demand, as taxpayers we should not shell out tax dollars for a hub that has no passengers that validate the need for a airline service here at all....
Mike

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Apr 7, 2012
Scorned wrote:
One, this service was not widley advertised, two, Even Holloman AFB Rec Center or the CTO advertised or recommended this service.
"a large number of personnel from Holloman Air Force Base are bussed to El Paso."
What is this statement refering to? If it is about getting Airmen out of Alamogordo on a deployment then yeah my squadron busses. We routinely have groups of 8 to 33 people leaving and with required gear it would take all a day or two just to get us out of Alamogordo to the Albuquerque or El Paso for connection.
A regional jet service??? If the citizens of Alamogordo do not ride a turbo prop cessna caravan to Albq what makes Rabon thin a we can afford a reginal jet service...or perhaps city and county commissioners are having a thoughts of GRANDEUR in the possibility to use a regional jet to fly to "Official Business" trips.
I always used to wonder what the story was behind that Cessna Caravan cruising over Alamogordo obviously on approach.

I'd see it in the summer when I'd be out sitting in my backyard.
I used to wonder if it was a commuter shuttle plane servicing the region?

Now I know huh?
Heisenberg

Alamogordo, NM

#5 Apr 7, 2012
Tough beans! Maybe time to buy some bicycles, for the town that continues to run backward instead of forward.

Maybe call the Hell On Wheels Crew, you can bring a steam train back here, like there was 100 years ago?

"Jokers to the Max, The History of Alamo-Gonzo"
R Lee Ermey

Alamogordo, NM

#6 Apr 7, 2012
Heisenberg wrote:
Tough beans! Maybe time to buy some bicycles, for the town that continues to run backward instead of forward.
Maybe call the Hell On Wheels Crew, you can bring a steam train back here, like there was 100 years ago?
"Jokers to the Max, The History of Alamo-Gonzo"
It's pork and nothing else
http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/congress/859...
Mike

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Apr 7, 2012
Heisenberg wrote:
Tough beans! Maybe time to buy some bicycles, for the town that continues to run backward instead of forward.
Maybe call the Hell On Wheels Crew, you can bring a steam train back here, like there was 100 years ago?
"Jokers to the Max, The History of Alamo-Gonzo"
Did you move to Alamogordo just so you'd have plenty to bitch about for the rest of your life?
Heisenberg

Alamogordo, NM

#8 Apr 7, 2012
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you move to Alamogordo just so you'd have plenty to bitch about for the rest of your life?
Amazing huh, out of all the places in America I had to pick?!

Maybe I'm "joining the crowd", just another "alamo-joker!

Since: Sep 08

Alamogordo, NM

#9 Apr 7, 2012
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you move to Alamogordo just so you'd have plenty to bitch about for the rest of your life?
Sometimes we have no choice where we end up, Some of us, honor our promises made to love ones and friends.
WARRIOR

Ruidoso, NM

#10 Apr 9, 2012
ELP aint that far... not to worry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alamo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Rancho Magdalena B&B Sun deborah cross 1
Alamo cold case to be featured on TNT show (Jul '14) Nov '14 MalcommX 19
Ranch family takes water fight to NM Supreme Court Oct '14 Did 1
Little help... (Jun '14) Jun '14 finklestein 1
Sticker shock hits Alamo (Feb '13) Mar '14 MaximusRetardus 11
Alamo man charged with child sex allegations (Oct '13) Oct '13 TMZ 8
fre e online dating!! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Shu Tukuafa 1
Alamo Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Alamo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:57 am PST

ESPN 6:57AM
Source: Broncos to place tag on WR Thomas
NFL 7:05 AM
Broncos to use franchise tag on Demaryius Thomas
Bleacher Report 7:34 AM
Report: Broncos to Tag Demaryius
Bleacher Report10:08 AM
Report: Cardinals Offer Dockett 1-Year Deal
CBS Sports10:11 AM
Broncos franchise tag Demaryius Thomas: 5 things to know