Benicia man arrested in alleged embezzlement of hundreds of tho...

Alameda police arrested a Benicia man Wednesday on suspicion of embezzling at least $380,000 from a trucking and warehouse company that stores shipping containers so that customs officials can inspect them after they arrive at the Port of Oakland. Full Story
O Lord

Vallejo, CA

#1 Nov 11, 2009
Benicia criminals have pens and bank accounts, not hoodies and guns.
Shay58

San Francisco, CA

#2 Nov 11, 2009
As they say - "We do it better it Benicia." Seriously, it must be something in the water over in Benicia - this little podunck city so full of sophisticated crooks. I have never seen so many "upstanding" citizens who are no more than low class con artists. They are either embezzling or robbing banks. Sheesh! Sheriff Andy needs to keep a closer eye on Mayberry.
Bye Bye Baylink

Vallejo, CA

#3 Nov 11, 2009
Deport this ass****** as soon as the company that was ripped off gets their money back. How much more of this illegal immigrant crap should we put up with. No CA drivers lic., no insurance, no current registration, bet you on that one. Lhamas here we come. These guys play flutes and steal money! Dumb, dumb,.........
Shay58

San Francisco, CA

#4 Nov 11, 2009
Bye Bye Baylink wrote:
Deport this ********** as soon as the company that was ripped off gets their money back. How much more of this illegal immigrant crap should we put up with. No CA drivers lic., no insurance, no current registration, bet you on that one. Lhamas here we come. These guys play flutes and steal money! Dumb, dumb,.........
The majority of crooks in Benicia are home-grown - Does that all American loser who robbed banks and Safeways ring a bell?
RIP Soupy Sales

Vallejo, CA

#5 Nov 11, 2009
Bye Bye Baylink wrote:
Deport this ********** as soon as the company that was ripped off gets their money back. How much more of this illegal immigrant crap should we put up with. No CA drivers lic., no insurance, no current registration, bet you on that one. Lhamas here we come. These guys play flutes and steal money! Dumb, dumb,.........
Where do we deport Dirk Fulton to?
JoJO

United States

#6 Nov 12, 2009
RIP Soupy Sales wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do we deport Dirk Fulton to?
How about North Vallejo?
Bungo

Julian, CA

#7 Nov 12, 2009
Send his brother too!
Benicia, City that was built on Dump site...
CHRISSY

Berkeley, CA

#8 Nov 13, 2009
Shay58 wrote:
As they say - "We do it better it Benicia." Seriously, it must be something in the water over in Benicia - this little podunck city so full of sophisticated crooks. I have never seen so many "upstanding" citizens who are no more than low class con artists. They are either embezzling or robbing banks. Sheesh! Sheriff Andy needs to keep a closer eye on Mayberry.
DONT FORGET THEY KILL THEIR WIVES....:( AND SOMETIMES "ACCIDENTALY" THEIR CHILDREN TOO"......LOVE THAT WHOLESOME CITY OF DRUNKS......FORGET THE HOODIE BEWARE THE CARDIGAN .....;)
SayWhat

Petaluma, CA

#9 Nov 13, 2009
Throwing stones in a glass a house?...At least if you want to compare the two cities get the facts right. www.muninetguide.com
CHRISSY

Berkeley, CA

#10 Nov 13, 2009
SayWhat wrote:
Throwing stones in a glass a house?...At least if you want to compare the two cities get the facts right. www.muninetguide.com
FACTS STRAIGHT....THOSE WERE FACTS....LOOK THEM UP....SORRY THE TRUTH HURTS...;)
Dirt

Vacaville, CA

#11 Nov 13, 2009
Introducing the "Cardigan Hoodie"; it could catch on.
Bob

Vallejo, CA

#12 Nov 13, 2009
Shay58 wrote:
<quoted text>The majority of crooks in Benicia are home-grown - Does that all American loser who robbed banks and Safeways ring a bell?
The robber you speak of is chuck murray, he was raised in Vallejo. He was living with ex mayor Warren Oblennis's daughter dena , in a nice house on panorama st. in benicia. They togather were pres. and vice pres. of the girls softball league and quite a bit of money came up missing,no charges were filed ,they were just asked to leave.This guy was from peru. you really do need to get your facts straight.
CHRISSY

Berkeley, CA

#13 Nov 14, 2009
Dirt wrote:
Introducing the "Cardigan Hoodie"; it could catch on.
;) IMAGINE THAT
CHRISSY

Berkeley, CA

#14 Nov 14, 2009
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>The robber you speak of is chuck murray, he was raised in Vallejo. He was living with ex mayor Warren Oblennis's daughter dena , in a nice house on panorama st. in benicia. They togather were pres. and vice pres. of the girls softball league and quite a bit of money came up missing,no charges were filed ,they were just asked to leave.This guy was from peru. you really do need to get your facts straight.
SO YOU ESTABLISHED HE WAS AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF THE BENICIA COMMUNITY WHO LIVED WELL AND POSSIBLY WAS SO TRUSTED THAT ESCAPED SUPSICION WHEN THE MONEY WENT MISSING....AFTER ALL WHO WOULD SUSPECT A MAN LIVING IN SUCH A FINE HOUSE OF WRONG DOING......HOW MANY NICE HOUSES ARE UP THERE ON PANORAMA.???...BEWARE OF WHATS AND WHO IS INSIDE PEOPLE.......THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP BOB....WE WILL PROCEED WITH CAUTION WHEN IN BENECIA ;)
Justin

Pittsburg, CA

#15 Sep 17, 2010
They need to look real close at Chuck's friend and business partner Desmond Gumbs who live in Blackhawk. He is a BIG CROOK!!!!!!!
Justin

Pittsburg, CA

#16 Sep 17, 2010
Desmond Gumbs is the CEO of Chan Add Films and owes hundreds of thousands of dollars from scams in Real Estate & Film Production including a Hispanic Soap Opera "Hacienda Heights" Check into it!!!
Farmer80

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Sep 18, 2010
Wow..... My neighbor told me about this. We all went to Hayward High School. I had heard that Desmond Gumbs has a lot of issues and owes a lot of people money! He scammed some of my friends here in the Hayward Hills on many Real Estate deals! The guy is a bum!!! I'm sure that some way he was in on this crime with Chuck! I've heard that Desmond has done bad things with Id's from people who have passed away!!!!! God don't like ugly!!!!!! He will get his!!!!
Chloe

Livermore, CA

#18 Nov 20, 2010
My friend is one of the many Desmond Gumbs has ripped off. He is a scumbag and has ruined many peoples' lives. They currently have a $600,000 judgment against him and will be trying to collect for the rest of his life. I hope he reads this and understands that they will NEVER quit. Ron Thompson who is a business man and contractor in Oakland is also and associate of Desmond's and has shamelessly taken peoples' houses and money from them without any feeling whatsoever.
Desmond is a coach of a youth football team and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near children. if you have any further information, post your comment, please.
manager

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Mar 28, 2012
He also owes money to actors on Hacienda production. How could he get away with so much and nothing can be done?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alameda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 3 hr Tina Kauffman 16,009
Black Muslim security firm makes false claims i... (Mar '14) 4 hr White Woman 45cal 3
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr Chuck 19,285
Kristina Nelson Mon Local 4
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon El SupremoS 201,038
Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) Mon Brittle Fingers 16,913
Quan's Legacy. Sun Impeacher 62

Alameda News Video

Alameda Jobs

Alameda People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Alameda News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Alameda

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]