7 dead, 3 injured, suspect caught in college shooting

Apr 2, 2012 | Posted by: Mr_Bill | Full story: www.sfgate.com

Authorities are now confirming that seven people have been killed by a gunman at a private university in Oakland.

The gunman opened fire at Oikos University, a Christian school at 7850 Edgewater Road, today at about 10:30 a.m., said Oakland police spokeswoman Johnna Watson.

Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Apr 4, 2012

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 2, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Everyone is snapping out and taking it out on innocent people.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 2, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

There was a movie with Meryl Streep and it was about this Asian student who was very smart. He received a grant to study in the US with someone he admired. He was very intense and brilliant. However, the man he admired was envious of him and plotted to end his career, which he did. The young man went nuts and went to the school and killed his mentor and several others. Cannot remember the name of that movie.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sunobia wrote:
Everyone is snapping out and taking it out on innocent people.
It would be much harder for him if he had to beat them to death.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 3, 2012
 
Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be much harder for him if he had to beat them to death.
Good morning Mr. Bill. Yes, I guess so. It's just sad when people take out their anger, depression, and frustration out on innocent people. It's happening all to often of late.
Becky

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 3, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

They're just a bunch of Koreans, they shod not be here in America anyways. Begone foul Asians.
Alan

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Wow.

I am very surprised there are not more shootings like this one these College Campuses. I was attacked on my own campus at Rutgers in Piscataway, New Jersey by dirty Amerithrax gangs, and when I tried to get help from University employees, they insulted and harassed me.

Too many off these college campuses have become nothing but "booty" camps for Big Dirty money and politics.

"Culture of Death: The Assault on Medical Ethics in America"
http://www.amazon.com/Culture-Death-Assault-M...

The dirtbags that worked for Rutgers and attacked me accused me of racism, sexism and attacked me (an un-armed individual) with Campus security.

I am a white Roman Catholic male and they knew that and that I am a Women's College basketball coach. So they went right after my career and reputation and faith.

Good Luck!
Armed White Woman

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 3, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Comment by Rachel Pendergraft
The leader of the New Black Panthers tells Anderson Cooper that they donít have to follow the law or as they term it Ė the white manís law. And isnít that the problem? Law and order is scoffed at by non-whites who view every attempt to clamp down on criminality as being a racist move!

Now, donít get fooled by Cooper thinking he is an honorable white man taking on these fools. Cooper is homosexual gun hating journalist who uses his show as a platform to degrade the traditional values of America. Still, he is after the ratings and these guests brought in the viewers.

As to the statement about a citizens arrest, yes, a citizen does have that right. Cooper is wrong and is biased toward the U.S. Constitution. However, as the governing laws of this nation did not recognize non-whites as citizens, the New Black Panthers would not have any right to effect an arrest.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mr_Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be much harder for him if he had to beat them to death.
it would have been much harder for him if one of the teachers/students had been armed ,and shot the bastard.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

mikev483 wrote:
<quoted text>
it would have been much harder for him if one of the teachers/students had been armed ,and shot the bastard.
I wonder how many people with your opinion have ever been in a fire fight or have ever actually faced someone pointing a gun at them.

A criminal with a weapon ALWAYS has the element of suprise on his side. Your chances of taking cover, getting out your weapon, aiming (while bullets are flying) and shooting the suspect before he's killed a dozen people are slim. It's real life; not a Rambo movie.

You could suddenly open fire in a police station and kill quite a few people before all those armed police officers pulled themselves together and fired back. Carrying a gun doesn't make you an instant hero; and if you happen to kill a few innocents while you're firing away at the bad guy, then you've definitely lost your hero status.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

PayThat CEO wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how many people with your opinion have ever been in a fire fight or have ever actually faced someone pointing a gun at them.
A criminal with a weapon ALWAYS has the element of suprise on his side. Your chances of taking cover, getting out your weapon, aiming (while bullets are flying) and shooting the suspect before he's killed a dozen people are slim. It's real life; not a Rambo movie.
You could suddenly open fire in a police station and kill quite a few people before all those armed police officers pulled themselves together and fired back. Carrying a gun doesn't make you an instant hero; and if you happen to kill a few innocents while you're firing away at the bad guy, then you've definitely lost your hero status.
Ex British Army here,so dont waste your breath with the Rambo BS.
Its not hard to work it out,imagine you want to go on a killing spree,would you choose a location were the ppl could be armed,or a location were you know they wont be? Its called deterant.,look it up

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

mikev483 wrote:
<quoted text>
it would have been much harder for him if one of the teachers/students had been armed ,and shot the bastard.
Or if they were all armed, and shot each other.
Chris Lewis

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 3, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

1

Ahhhh...typing as I munch a fabulous burger, myself and some friends are celebrating the massacre of Asians by what else but an Asian. Good job scuzzbutt Asians.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Chris Lewis wrote:
Ahhhh...typing as I munch a fabulous burger, myself and some friends are celebrating the massacre of Asians by what else but an Asian. Good job scuzzbutt Asians.
There weren't only Asians attending that school. There were people of various races. I guess you'd have to read the article and pick and choose, huh?
Oriley

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 3, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Sunobia wrote:
<quoted text>There weren't only Asians attending that school. There were people of various races. I guess you'd have to read the article and pick and choose, huh?
As long as there's more dead Asians than Whites, it's fine with me. GO BACK TO ASIA TAKE THIS AS A LESSON.

“Don't think, just dream.”

Since: Feb 12

The Alamo City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

He shoulda used a shotgun, woulda been more bad ass.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 3, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

Oriley wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as there's more dead Asians than Whites, it's fine with me. GO BACK TO ASIA TAKE THIS AS A LESSON.
Whatever, freak. More whites go off killing innocent people in these types of events. If there are races of other colors, it's because people like you picked on them, loser.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Oriley wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as there's more dead Asians than Whites, it's fine with me. GO BACK TO ASIA TAKE THIS AS A LESSON.
Which lesson would that be? That the United States is full of loud-mouth cowards who hide behind computer screens?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Alameda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) 3 min Myron 16,903
West Oakland Mural 48 min Sky101 1
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr Ocean Breeze 4,991
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 5 hr ferris wheel 200,602
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr Mike Brown High C... 18,762
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 9 hr marching banded 15,931
Quan's Legacy. 11 hr Quan must be gone 57

Search the Alameda Forum:
•••

Alameda News Video

•••
•••

Alameda Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Alameda People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Alameda News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Alameda
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••