Biblical scholar's date for rapture: May 21, 2011

Jan 1, 2010 Full story: San Francisco Chronicle 11,678

Harold Camping lets out a hearty chuckle when he considers the people who believe the world will end in 2012.

Full Story
First Prev
of 584
Next Last
Pete-o

Oakland, CA

#1 Jan 1, 2010
Can anyone defend this guy? Bible Code mathematics has also been used to show Moby Dick contains prophecy.

Just another Heaven's Gate type kook.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2 Jan 31, 2010
Pete-o wrote:
Can anyone defend this guy? Bible Code mathematics has also been used to show Moby Dick contains prophecy.

*I don't know your definition of bible code mathematics,but in the bible, God placed days,years,ages,quantities,for a reason.Just like,when you receive a bill-you owe this amount and you have this much time to pay.The numbers in the bible are an instruction tool God uses.Just because you don't understand it,or don't want to,does not mean it's bogus.A number or numbers used by God in the passage have a meaning-a hidden meaning in the sense that the casual reader will not pick it up.That number is used as a "proof" that God has given to His people to confirm they have or have not understood the subject correctly,or have the right date in the biblical timeline.
Pete-o

Grand Prairie, TX

#3 Jan 31, 2010
nysdan wrote:
<quoted text>
*I don't know your definition of bible code mathematics,but in the bible, God placed days,years,ages,quantities,for a reason.Just like,when you receive a bill-you owe this amount and you have this much time to pay.The numbers in the bible are an instruction tool God uses.Just because you don't understand it,or don't want to,does not mean it's bogus.A number or numbers used by God in the passage have a meaning-a hidden meaning in the sense that the casual reader will not pick it up.That number is used as a "proof" that God has given to His people to confirm they have or have not understood the subject correctly,or have the right date in the biblical timeline.
And what about the Moby Dick Code used for the same purpose. The point is, you can make number do exactly what you need them to do.

Location hidden

#4 Jan 31, 2010
Pete-o wrote:
<quoted text>
And what about the Moby Dick Code used for the same purpose. The point is, you can make number do exactly what you need them to do.
Can you make 2+2=3? Yes-if you have no toes and only three fingers.
The point is,we aren't interested in the"Moby Dick code".We're talking about biblical numbers that God has put in the bible.If you don't want to check those things out,well this is a free country,and you don't have to.
Peace Lover

Oradell, NJ

#5 Jan 31, 2010
Pete-o wrote:
Do you really believe those dead people from 2000 years ago? Well, I forgot that you are White. White people believe anything.
Peace Lover

Oradell, NJ

#6 Jan 31, 2010
nysdan wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is,we aren't interested in the"Moby Dick code".We're talking about biblical numbers that God has put in the bible.If you don't want to check those things out,well this is a free country,and you don't have to.
It depends on how you look at it. 2+2 can mean anything. 1 doesn't necesarily means equal to one. for example. an aple does not equal to another aple. for the size of the fruit can be very.

you can't compare a dog equal to a dog for some are fatter than the others.
Pete-o

Grand Prairie, TX

#7 Jan 31, 2010
nysdan wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is, numerology has no basis in reality.
Pete-o

Grand Prairie, TX

#8 Jan 31, 2010
Peace Lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe those dead people from 2000 years ago? Well, I forgot that you are White. White people believe anything.
You must have been replying to someone else. This has nothing to do with me, as I do not believe people from 2000 years had any kind of gift of prophecy.

As for your racist rant, I would change your name to Peace Lover to Race Hater. You have no idea what race I am and it isn't relevant anyway.
Ego te absolvo

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Jan 31, 2010
If people can't read and understand Scripture well enough to understand there absolutely is no concept, or claim of "rapture" in Scripture, they sure as hell can't use it to go against Scripture by setting some date for something that will not happen. People, who claim a "rapture" are actually anti-Christian, lazy and thinking they don't have to do what Christ clearly says they should be doing... Bridesmaids without oil.
Pete-o

Grand Prairie, TX

#10 Jan 31, 2010
Ego te absolvo wrote:
If people can't read and understand Scripture well enough to understand there absolutely is no concept, or claim of "rapture" in Scripture, they sure as hell can't use it to go against Scripture by setting some date for something that will not happen. People, who claim a "rapture" are actually anti-Christian, lazy and thinking they don't have to do what Christ clearly says they should be doing... Bridesmaids without oil.
Well said.

Location hidden

#11 Jan 31, 2010
Ego te absolvo wrote:
You are correct,there is no word rapture in the bible.The term that is used is "caught up"- 1 Thessalonians 4: 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be "CAUGHT UP" together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
tone

Rio Rancho, NM

#12 Feb 2, 2010
nysdan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct,there is no word rapture in the bible.The term that is used is "caught up"- 1 Thessalonians 4: 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be "CAUGHT UP" together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
I think your okay. I can also tell that something speaks to you and through you,however do not be disillusioned by thinking that you have been told everything. Research and not relying on so called written word when it has been proven that many scriptural texts were excluded for reasons of controling the public. Gnostic Christians of the first days after Jesus were condemned and forgotten. Why because "they will know what we want them to know" and for NO other reason than this.

Location hidden

#13 Feb 3, 2010
tone wrote:
<quoted text>I think your okay. I can also tell that something speaks to you and through you,however do not be disillusioned by thinking that you have been told everything. Research and not relying on so called written word when it has been proven that many scriptural texts were excluded for reasons of controling the public. Gnostic Christians of the first days after Jesus were condemned and forgotten. Why because "they will know what we want them to know" and for NO other reason than this.
**With all due respect to you,I would also caution you to beware of that idea-the scriptures tell all that's necessary to know.Will we the child of God understand everything in it? No.

There are large organized denominations that have suppressed the Bible,because they don't want to be found to be liars.That I do agree with-I came out of one of them.
That has been going on since the garden.

“I can see my house from here!”

Since: Oct 09

Nazareth, Israel

#14 Feb 3, 2010
There are two whackjobs in the "Why Should Jesus Love Me?" thread (Top Stories forum) that have been relentlessly spamming the thread with warnings of this 5/21/11 nonsense. They are so immersed in Camping's Bible numerology cult that they swear it's a fact the end will indeed occur on that date.

It's kind of funny, seeing as that thread is a place full of dedicated Christian. These two Christer psychos have relentlessly browbeat these Christians bit as badly as some fundies thump non-Christians over the head with their Bibles.

It's also kind of sad, seeing what religion can do to some people.

I offered these two Camping cult members, brothers named Gary and Dave, a simple challenge. I challenged them to make a donation to the Ronald McDonald House Foundation in the amount of $521.11 (because of the date predicted by Camping) if that date came and went with no Rapture. I mean, since they have been constantly stating that the Rapture date of 5/21/11 is an incontrovertible and undeniable "fact", this would be a no-brainer to accept my challenge, right? After all, they would have been "reptured" on 5/21/11, so they would never have to pay up on 5/22!

Of course, they refused, under the pretext that they were offended by my avatar of Beavis on the cross. Seems like when money is involved, even money that would go to help families be near their critically ill children, they're all of a sudden not so sure of their date, lol. Of course, they won't admit that.

It's lunacy like Camping's cult and its adherents that make religion in general, and Christianity in particular, so revolting to so many people.

I can't wait until 5/22/11. I am going to mercilessly skewer those two babbling fools, that is if they have the guts to show up on that thread.

Since: Feb 07

Oakland, CA

#15 Feb 4, 2010
Yes, Camping is correct on this date. Although he gets some other things confused, as in the 'world wide earthquake' on this date where,'all the graves spew their contents.'

He forgets that Christ wrote the Bible in the abstract, meaning the earthquake Christ refers to will be the shocking truth of the Bible to the world, confronting the huge matrix of pagan deceptions that most take for granite.

Also, Camping does not understand that ALL the dead will be resurrected. At this point, Camping states that once dead, always dead, unless of the elect.

After going through all of Camping's work, and studying his understanding of the Bible, he is by far the only one that I've come across that understands a lot. All others are either hypocrite, stupid, Satanic, or clueless.

Another trait is that whenever he talks about problems of marriage, he constantly takes 'the poor picked on wife's side. He is completely clueless about how loving husbands treat their wives, and how a pagan wife responds to true love. Yet, he seems to understand most of the Book of Hosea, the abstract layer, and seems to understand the Biblical chain of command: Christ, man, woman, child.

Camping's come a long way, and, like most of us, still view the truth through shadow.

Nevertheless, Camping is of the elect, without a doubt.

100% certaincy: Judgment Day 5.21.11

Since: Feb 07

Oakland, CA

#16 Feb 4, 2010
Beavis Christ wrote:
I can't wait until 5/22/11. I am going to mercilessly skewer those two babbling fools, that is if they have the guts to show up on that thread.
You will be granted your wish. However, your reward will be bitter hatred.

Not your fault. Christ is very hard and tough. Nothing you or anyone can do.
Pete-o

Grand Prairie, TX

#17 Feb 4, 2010
scout wrote:
Yes, Camping is correct on this date. Although he gets some other things confused, as in the 'world wide earthquake' on this date where,'all the graves spew their contents.'
He forgets that Christ wrote the Bible in the abstract, meaning the earthquake Christ refers to will be the shocking truth of the Bible to the world, confronting the huge matrix of pagan deceptions that most take for granite.
Also, Camping does not understand that ALL the dead will be resurrected. At this point, Camping states that once dead, always dead, unless of the elect.
After going through all of Camping's work, and studying his understanding of the Bible, he is by far the only one that I've come across that understands a lot. All others are either hypocrite, stupid, Satanic, or clueless.
Another trait is that whenever he talks about problems of marriage, he constantly takes 'the poor picked on wife's side. He is completely clueless about how loving husbands treat their wives, and how a pagan wife responds to true love. Yet, he seems to understand most of the Book of Hosea, the abstract layer, and seems to understand the Biblical chain of command: Christ, man, woman, child.
Camping's come a long way, and, like most of us, still view the truth through shadow.
Nevertheless, Camping is of the elect, without a doubt.
What will you do on May 22 , 2011, if it doesn't happen?
Will you reassess anything?
Are you sure

Pittsburg, CA

#18 Feb 4, 2010
How does Camping know Christ died on April 1 33AD (Sadly this will be food for non believers to make April fools jokes). Is he basing this theory on star positions or was it actually written down somewhere? I thought there were no actual written information of Christ until well after his death. I'm not a non believer. I believe in the Christian faith but as mentioned "No man or angel shall know the time of his return but God himself" I paraphrased it into modern english.

Nazareth, Israel

#19 Feb 4, 2010
scout wrote:
LOL. Man, what religion can do to the weak-minded.

Here's a helpful tip, Scout - don't get rid of your earthly possessions. Cuz if you do, you're going to be awful cold and hungry on May 22, 2011, when the sun dawns brightly on just another day.

Nazareth, Israel

#20 Feb 4, 2010
Are you sure wrote:
How does Camping know Christ died on April 1 33AD (Sadly this will be food for non believers to make April fools jokes). Is he basing this theory on star positions or was it actually written down somewhere? I thought there were no actual written information of Christ until well after his death. I'm not a non believer. I believe in the Christian faith but as mentioned "No man or angel shall know the time of his return but God himself" I paraphrased it into modern english.
You are correct. The Bible does indeed say that no one will no the day or hour of the second coming.

Harold Camping is a deluded fraud... a liar and deceiver who uses the trickery of numerology to "predict" Rapture dates and keep himself in the spotlight. He is a cult leader, no more, no less.

Think about it... many, many, many thousands of biblical scholars through the centuries have dedicated their lives to studying the Bible. Billions and billions of ordinary everyday Christians have come and gone as well. All these billions of people, and no one has "discovered" what Harold Camping has supposedly discerned in the Bible? We're supposes to believe this one man, out of billions, got it right? We're supposed to ignore all the hundreds of failed rapture date predictions made by self-serving false prophets throughout the centuries, but somehow Camping is right, although he failed spectacularly in 1994?

It's all deception and lies. PT Barnum had a phrase for people like those who would actually believe anything that Camping says... "There's a sucker born every minute".

He was wrong in 1994, he'll be wrong again.

I'm a nonbeliever, and therefore don't believe in all this rapture stuff anyway, but have looked at this issue for several months now from the Christian viewpoint.

This "Bible Code" type silliness does nothing to help the Christian religion. It makes Christians look like a bunch of superstitious flakes. Although as I said I am not a Christian, most of my friends are Christians, and am acquainted with a bunch of Christians on Topix as well. It angers them, and me as well, that their faith is being mocked by fools such as Camping.

When people like Camping screw around with numerology or other means to "predict" Rapture dates, they are playing God. And if the Christian god actually exists, I'm sure frauds like Harold Camping are going to have some 'splaining to do when they stand before the throne of judgment.

The worst part? People have given all their money and belongings away because they fall for the lies of charlatans like Camping. Self-aggrandizing false prophets like Camping have wrecked lives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 584
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alameda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) 4 hr Bob 16,921
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr Chuck 19,485
Rickshaw research reveals extreme Delhi pollution 11 hr Indian Man 1
Black America stand by Africas in their hour of... 14 hr Hang the Felons 26
Long, rambling Neal Cassady letter to Jack Kero... 19 hr Kid_Tomorrow 1
Ku Klux Klan Fall Meeting In Humboldt Tue hahahahaha 10
Disney Junior Live in Oakland..check out discount! Tue momc 1

Alameda News Video

Alameda Dating
Find my Match