Harold Camping Says "Flabbergasted" by Lack of Rapture

May 23, 2011 Full story: www.huliq.com 158

In the aftermath of a non-event, radio evangelist Harold Camping was cornered at his house in Alameda, CA, by local media on Sunday, and the main word he uttered with response to the lack of the 2011 Rapture was "flabbergasted." Harold Camping heads up Family Radio, a station based in Oakland, CA which, according to Wikipedia, spans more than 150 ...

Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Kolonoskopje

Hackensack, NJ

#148 May 25, 2011
FRED wrote:
Harold camping is the anti-christ playing scare tactics
YUP!
clem

Hamilton, Canada

#149 May 25, 2011
Kolonoskopje wrote:
<quoted text> Lets just say he's just about to kick the bucket but still has not learned a damn thing in this life except to lie and steal.
Yea but he knows what day he is going to die,unless he calculated wrong again and again and again.....
clem

Hamilton, Canada

#150 May 25, 2011
Superman wrote:
no.........
[the old, the slow and the stupid should be eaten]
By zombies

“WTF!!!!!!!!!!”

Since: May 11

Da 'Ville

#151 May 25, 2011
He is flabbergasted at the mad amount of cash he made off this scam. It's a wonder he wasn't beat down like the biotch he is on Sunday morning lol
Kolonoskopje

Hackensack, NJ

#152 May 25, 2011
Drew P Cock wrote:
He is flabbergasted at the mad amount of cash he made off this scam. It's a wonder he wasn't beat down like the biotch he is on Sunday morning lol
I would KILL the S.O.B. but then if I were one of these idiots I would also have to be blame myself in the first place for believing and giving him everything.
papadontpreach

Bronx, NY

#154 May 25, 2011
If people that believe want to meet their maker why don't they kill themselves? They would make it to their destinations quicker and the rest of the world would be a better place for the rest of us. IRS a win-win!
Juan

Pearland, TX

#155 May 26, 2011
Harold Camping says I will receive amnesty and become a citizen next year.
Kolonoskopje

Hackensack, NJ

#157 May 27, 2011
papadontpreach wrote:
If people that believe want to meet their maker why don't they kill themselves? They would make it to their destinations quicker and the rest of the world would be a better place for the rest of us. IRS a win-win!
See that's what I'm talking about... I mean there is no difference either way. If they gave up everything on this earth just to DIE and meet Jesus.. This is a sin. God gave them a life to live without giving an expiration date. He said to live your life to the fullest though with humility and repentance.

“You gonna eat that?”

Since: Apr 07

Wasilla, AK

#158 May 31, 2011
Luzianner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!.. oh no, I don't think god (if there is one) writes any books at all. They're all pieces of garbage written for desert nomads living 1300 to 3000 years ago. I say throw away all those pieces of junk and use your own mind and reason.
People who don't have a mind have to use something. Pieces of garbage work just fine for them.
Tar and Feather Camping

Valley, AL

#159 Jun 1, 2011
Anyone who buys what this lying sack of shit is selling has an IQ less than that of a sea snail.
firmus1

Baltimore, MD

#160 Jun 1, 2011
Tar and Feather Camping wrote:
Anyone who buys what this lying sack of shit is selling has an IQ less than that of a sea snail.
camping could care less......as long as they show him the money.......that's all he's about.
clem

Hamilton, Canada

#161 Jun 12, 2011
Well he had his 15 minutes of fame, but he will get another 15 minutes in October.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#162 Jun 12, 2011
East Bay Doomsayer Harold Camping suffers stroke

Oakland Tribune

ALAMEDA -- Harold Camping, the Doomsday radio preacher who sparked international media attention by predicting the end of the world last month, has been hospitalized after suffering a stroke at his Alameda home Thursday night.

The 89-year-old radio evangelist and president of the Oakland nonprofit Family Radio was taken by ambulance from his house Thursday night, a neighbor said, but his well-known, gravelly voice that led many believers to donate millions of dollars to his cause may never be the same.

"He had a stroke, it was on his right side," said the neighbor, who declined to give her name but said she and her husband helped and comforted Camping's wife, Shirley, as the drama unfolded Thursday night.

Her husband spoke again with Shirley Camping on Friday. "His speech appears to be a little bit slurred but otherwise he's OK," the neighbor said. "(Shirley) said he was doing good "... and the only thing that's affected is his speech."

There was no answer at the door of the Camping home Saturday afternoon and all of the curtains and blinds were drawn. A GMC pickup with a Family Radio bumper sticker and a white Buick sat in the driveway.

Charles Menut -- the regional manager for Family Stations Inc., Family Radio's parent company, and the station manager and chief engineer for an affiliated station in West Orange, N.J.-- posted a Yahoo group message early Saturday morning reporting Camping's stroke to Family Radio supporters.

"Please
just pray for him and do not try to contact anyone at his home or Family Radio," Menut wrote. "He and Shirley have enough family members to handle the situation. I'm sure we'll be able to publicly update everyone on Monday."

Menut could not be reached at his home or office Saturday.

"We will be praying for Mr. Camping and his family," one supporter wrote in reply to Menut's posting. "The Lord has been so merciful to allow Mr. Camping to faithfully teach the scriptures for over 52 years. I'm sure Mr. Camping is thinking right now that he wants God to receive all the glory the for the ministry of Family Radio."

Camping gained notoriety in recent months as the calendar closed in on May 21, the Saturday on which the Doomsday prophet said Judgment Day would occur and true believers would be taken to heaven.

That attempted prophecy gained the world's attention primarily because Camping wanted it that way. Family Radio, an empire of more than 70 radio stations that was estimated to be worth $72 million in 2009, spent more than $100 million over the past seven years publicizing the Rapture. Billboards guaranteeing the end of the world were present throughout the world and some followers drove RVs all over the United States to alert people.

But Camping was mocked nationally by talk-show hosts and the subject of protests, both by believers and nonbelievers alike. Some Christians called Camping a false prophet, and the American Atheists paid $27,000 for five weeks of billboard space in San Francisco, denouncing the Rapture, along with hosting a party that May 21 weekend.

Camping said he took his wife to a hotel during the weekend of the predicted Rapture and that the phone in his Alameda home rang constantly and strangers knocked on his door. It was, he said, "a very difficult time for me."

When the world did not end, Camping told reporters that the world would instead end Oct. 21 and argued that despite no physical evidence to the contrary, his point of view was correct.
Harry Ruff

Philadelphia, PA

#163 Jun 13, 2011
Mr. Camping is no phony preacher. This man sincerily believes everything he says. He just happens to be "sincerily wrong" in his inter- pretation of the Bible. One day he will have to
stand before the Lord and give an answer for all
the people he has deceited. He just happens to
be one of the many men and women who have taken
many well meaning people down the road of ungodly deception. Let's pray that God Almighty, will be
merciful to Mr. Camping and all of his deceited
followers.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#164 Jun 13, 2011
Harry Ruff wrote:
Mr. Camping is no phony preacher. This man sincerily believes everything he says. He just happens to be "sincerily wrong" in his inter- pretation of the Bible. One day he will have to
stand before the Lord and give an answer for all
the people he has deceited. He just happens to
be one of the many men and women who have taken
many well meaning people down the road of ungodly deception. Let's pray that God Almighty, will be
merciful to Mr. Camping and all of his deceited
followers.
It's true he does believe his own aberrant teachings,but he's not a "preacher" or like many media outlets like to call him "elder pastor".
clem

Hamilton, Canada

#165 Jun 13, 2011
Guess he didn't see that stroke coming....or did he?
Big Pen Island

Hermosa Beach, CA

#166 Jun 13, 2011
almost raptured
mrsize13feet

Brooklyn, NY

#167 Jun 14, 2011
looks like harold camping had his own earthquake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alameda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oakland 2014 Murder Rate. (Feb '14) 7 hr OMF 80
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 17 hr Cry Baby 19,374
Black Oakland students suspended less, but huge... Mon thegreatlc33 8
Quan's Legacy. (Apr '14) Sun Disgusted with Quan 66
The Fury is a Bloody Violent War Movie in The W... Sat Sedgwick P Hunsacker 2
High Quality Brainless Entertainment in The War... Oct 16 Culture Auditor 1
Why are blacks a diesese of this world? Oct 16 Belisha 7

Alameda News Video

Alameda Dating
Find my Match

Alameda Jobs

Alameda People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Alameda News, Events & Info